GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospal signs with NYR

+3
PTFlea
Vandelay
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Prospal signs with NYR Empty Vaclav Prospal signs with NYR as per RDS Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/280454.html

2Prospal signs with NYR Empty Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jan-Levine/Rangers-Get-Vinny-no-not-that-one-and-Messier-News/89/22552

1.1 for 1....makes me wonder. Could we not have found a deal somewhere for 1 top 6 and a prospect. For example, I know Duby wasn't and still isn't under contract but say he signs for 2.2. You get him and a top end prospect. It doesn't sound like a good trade but if you go out and sign Prospal for 1.1 or a little more and we've now filled out our top 6 nicely and shed more than 4 mill in salary...what's done is done I guess.

3Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1 year for 1.1 million. also states that they are hoping that they and dubinsky can negotiate a deal so he can center the first line with gaborik and higgins or else prospal will do it.
i don't know where to start. the part about the possibility of prospal centering the 1st line or higgins having a spot on the 1st line....
NY will be dreadfull.

4Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Higgins on the 1st line? Good luck.

5Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, 1 year at 1 million is a nice deal for the Rangers. No question about that.

6Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:Higgins on the 1st line? Good luck.

14th place, or will they challenge for 13th? Ahhhhh!

7Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:06 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The Rangers are going to be brutal. Can't believe the Sens didn't jump at Prospal for that price...Could have filled out our top 6 VERY nicely.

8Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Ugh, why on earth would you want Prospal at all? There is a reason he signed for this little in New York.

As long as The Rangers have Lundqvist in nets they will be in every game. He is one of the two best goaltenders on the planet.

9Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Ugh, why on earth would you want Prospal at all? There is a reason he signed for this little in New York.

As long as The Rangers have Lundqvist in nets they will be in every game. He is one of the two best goaltenders on the planet.

It's a low risk signing for an offensively challenged team. This is a good signing imo.

10Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 pm

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Ugh, why on earth would you want Prospal at all? There is a reason he signed for this little in New York.

It's a low risk signing for an offensively challenged team. This is a good signing imo.

For The Rangers sure, I dont disagree with that.

11Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:

For The Rangers sure, I dont disagree with that.

How would Ottawa be different though? He's familiar with the city, and a few of the players. For that price, I would certainly take a flyer on him.

12Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
How would Ottawa be different though? He's familiar with the city, and a few of the players. For that price, I would certainly take a flyer on him.

Me too.

13Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Agreed. Its just painful to think about the way they waste one of the best goalies of our time with that dreadful defense.

11.5 on Redden and Roszival? squirrel then add 40-game Gabo at 7.5 and 2nd line center Drury at 7....what a mess.

14Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:32 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Me too.

The funny part is that TB is paying him more not to play than the Rangers are paying him to play.

15Prospal signs with NYR Empty Re: Prospal signs with NYR Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Me too.
Not me. No way, no how. We now have a little something called character and grit in our lineup. We have players who don't fall apart when the games get tougher and the checking gets tighter. Prospal gets a ringtone when he asks GM Cas what kind of interest the Sens have in him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum