GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kaberle likely staying put

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kaberle likely staying put Empty Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:51 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

From the Toronto Sun

It seems as though Kaberle isn't going anywhere, the window on his no-trade contract closes.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/12/10434466-sun.html

2Kaberle likely staying put Empty Re: Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Aug. 15th is the cut off date for his window... but it seems clear that Burke will keep him a Leaf... for now.

3Kaberle likely staying put Empty Re: Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 am

I'm really surprised that noone offered a nice enough package. Kaberle would be the top guy on alot of teams and first pairing on almost all. He's also got a really cap friendly contract.

4Kaberle likely staying put Empty Re: Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke probably over-valued him and the asking price may have been too much for some teams.

5Kaberle likely staying put Empty Re: Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 am

shabbs wrote:Burke probably over-valued him and the asking price may have been too much for some teams.

The only reason I can think of. Burke has really handicapped this team though in my opinion. That is $24 million spent on defence alone. He is already thin in the forward ranks and when you add another $6 in goaltending, it doesn't leave alot of room going forward for....forwards.

6Kaberle likely staying put Empty Re: Kaberle likely staying put Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:13 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:Burke probably over-valued him and the asking price may have been too much for some teams.

The only reason I can think of. Burke has really handicapped this team though in my opinion. That is $24 million spent on defence alone. He is already thin in the forward ranks and when you add another $6 in goaltending, it doesn't leave alot of room going forward for....forwards.

Don't discount what a quality defensive core and good goaltending can do for your season.

I see the Leafs winning (and losing) a lot of 1 goal games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum