GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley staying put... for now

+5
wprager
davetherave
dennycrane
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Heatley staying put... for now Empty Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Citizen reports Oilers are out.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Oilers+withdraw+Heatley/1850205/story.html

OTTAWA — The Edmonton Oilers are pulling out of the Dany Heatley trade.
General manager Steve Tambellini was to make that announcement in a conference call with journalists Friday afternoon...

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I wrote "Shitizen" instead of "Citizen")

2Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Unless there are at least two competing bids, I say no deal.

Welcome back, Dany! :___:

3Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Welcome back Dany... now, please begin the grovelling and kissing of the Donkey.

4Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:58 pm

NOTE *** BRIAN ELLIOTT DO NOT READ ***

Heatley, you Diddle prick, there goes your chance to get out of here. You are an bunghole primadonna and now we are stuck with you. There is nothing you can do to change my mind, if you scored an OT goal in game 7 of the SCF to bring the cup to Ottawa for the first time I would still want you gone. Diddle OFF!!!

5Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Can we change Heatley's number to 666. I think I might buy that Jersey.

6Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I look forward to seeing him have his best start ever as he hopes to be gone by February. :BB:

7Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:15 pm

I look forward to him having a career year...period.

8Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 pm

RobbyJ wrote:NOTE *** BRIAN ELLIOTT DO NOT READ ***

Heatley, you Diddle prick, there goes your chance to get out of here. You are an bunghole primadonna and now we are stuck with you. There is nothing you can do to change my mind, if you scored an OT goal in game 7 of the SCF to bring the cup to Ottawa for the first time I would still want you gone. Diddle OFF!!!

Very funny though.

Elliott is extremely busy right now in Wisconsin getting in shape for his upcoming training camp. I doubt he will be on here much right now.

9Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:39 pm

This sucks. Altough being stuck with a malcontent isn't ideal, it's certainly better than dealing him away for a bad package just to "fix" the situation. Good on the Oilers for coming out and saying this. It sends a positive message to the players on their team. Good on Murray for sticking to his guns.

Heatley, you'd better show up here and be lights out this season. I don't give a rats Donkey if you don't like Ottawa, or whatever your reasons are for wanting out. The only thing you can do to help your own cause right now is improve your value. That happens by sucking it up, and putting a terrific year together, all while at least appearing like a good teammate. Maybe then, someone will think you are worth a package that a two time 50 goal man is worth.

10Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:39 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286369

Masterful tactics Heatley. Now, no one wants you.

11Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Thank God it is an Olympic year, otherwise I actually might be worried about Heatley's on ice performance. This works in The Sens favour for now... next step for Ottawa, how to get under the cap? Shouldnt be that hard, a lot of pieces that can be waived or sent down to Bingo.

12Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Thank God it is an Olympic year, otherwise I actually might be worried about Heatley's on ice performance. This works in The Sens favour for now... next step for Ottawa, how to get under the cap? Shouldnt be that hard, a lot of pieces that can be waived or sent down to Bingo.

We are just over the cap, so I don't think that's a worry. I wonder what happens with Heatley, if we cannot find a taker one year from today? We won't have the Olympics to keep him motivated. I still say he'll be gone by the deadline...for less than we'd like. Once the Oylmpics are over(barring a change of heart), I fully expect this guy to put on his cloak of invisibility. Murray will be forced to deal him at the deadline for a couple of players and a pick I'd say.

13Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:19 pm

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Thank God it is an Olympic year, otherwise I actually might be worried about Heatley's on ice performance. This works in The Sens favour for now... next step for Ottawa, how to get under the cap? Shouldnt be that hard, a lot of pieces that can be waived or sent down to Bingo.

We are just over the cap, so I don't think that's a worry. I wonder what happens with Heatley, if we cannot find a taker one year from today? We won't have the Olympics to keep him motivated. I still say he'll be gone by the deadline...for less than we'd like. Once the Oylmpics are over(barring a change of heart), I fully expect this guy to put on his cloak of invisibility. Murray will be forced to deal him at the deadline for a couple of players and a pick I'd say.

If The Sens are in the playoff picture or competing for the division, Heatley wont go anywhere. That being said, his value will be a lot higher at the draft with a good year under his belt, 1 less year on his contract, and 18 mil already paid.

The best thing for both sides is for Heatley to rip it up next year.

14Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:The best thing for both sides is for Heatley to rip it up next year.
That would be nice, very nice. Alfie, Spezza, Kovalev and Heater all ripping it up. Ahhh... dare to dream. We'll see...

15Heatley staying put... for now Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote: If The Sens are in the playoff picture or competing for the division, Heatley wont go anywhere. That being said, his value will be a lot higher at the draft with a good year under his belt, 1 less year on his contract, and 18 mil already paid.

The best thing for both sides is for Heatley to rip it up next year.

Neely>question for you...if teams were indeed reluctant to take on Heatley because of his annual cap hit and term of the contract, do you see that reluctance changing, if Dany comes back to Ottawa and plays, say, to last year's level?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum