GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley staying put... for now

+5
wprager
davetherave
dennycrane
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 pm

Ya, not much news around The Sens, a little in terms of the NHL though. Good to see Edmonton isnt stupid enough to take Heatley though. I want him to suffer a bit in Ottawa before we deal him anyways...

47Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

What the Diddle is going on with this prick? I thought it was a done deal, now come and face the music you wus bag Diddle!

48Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:56 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That was a pretty poor impression shabbs. That is the coles notes version at best. Smile
Coles notes is how I roll... I'll leave the long-winded, big worded diatribes for Dr. Poo.

Laughing3

Guy takes one night off to drink with buds, and I come back to this? WTF? Where's the love.

It's not a diatribe when it makes sense. And when it has to be said. Anyone who reads my Dung knows I don't waste a single word.

Anyway, as to Heatley, this is why it was reallyyy good for him not to speak at all. Now he can come back and mend bridges. I don't like it personally, but the option is there. Time for him (and his agents) to do it right.

49Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That was a pretty poor impression shabbs. That is the coles notes version at best. Smile
Coles notes is how I roll... I'll leave the long-winded, big worded diatribes for Dr. Poo.

Laughing3

Guy takes one night off to drink with buds, and I come back to this? WTF? Where's the love.

It's not a diatribe when it makes sense. And when it has to be said. Anyone who reads my Dung knows I don't waste a single word.

Anyway, as to Heatley, this is why it was reallyyy good for him not to speak at all. Now he can come back and mend bridges. I don't like it personally, but the option is there. Time for him (and his agents) to do it right.
Heh heh. Lots of love for ya man. Not to worry. Slow night I guess....

Wink

50Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Don't forget Foligno and Lee have their contracts expiring after this season, and a raise is likely.

Lee will not be getting a riase, he will get a 1 way deal for less then 1 mil.

I think Denny fell into the trap of looking at the cap hit and not the base salary. His cap hit may be $1.3M but his base salary is only $850. I used to think a qualifying offer is 10% over previous salary, but I just read another source saying that it's now 75% for players making over $800K. So 75% of $850K is $637.5K and he has no arbitration rights (I don't think he does).

Unfortunately I don't have time to verify by diving into the CBA myself.

51Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:I would say I'm number 3 in terms of posting hockey related comments... no offense to anyone who goes "off topic" more often then not.
Hey!

Wink

52Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I would say I'm number 3 in terms of posting hockey related comments... no offense to anyone who goes "off topic" more often then not.
Hey!

Wink

Well, Neely may keep it on-topic more than some of, umm, us, but he certainly latches on to *a single* topic and milks it until the teats are chapped and bleeding.

53Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Chapped, chaffed and bleeding teats is about as good as it gets to describing it. Heh heh. Awesome.

54Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Comes in tube or tub:

Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 395ef0d02f2ab2f5e9137fd0f541369f

55Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:51 am

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hey!

Wink

Well, Neely may keep it on-topic more than some of, umm, us, but he certainly latches on to *a single* topic and milks it until the teats are chapped and bleeding.

As opposed to the Heatley topic?

56Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

Not much anyone can do about that at the moment, tho'. Until that situation gets sorted out, there's frankly not much to talk about because we don't even know what our team is going to look like.

57Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Not much anyone can do about that at the moment, tho'. Until that situation gets sorted out, there's frankly not much to talk about because we don't even know what our team is going to look like.

Speculation is fun isn't it!?!?!

58Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Does Kessel end up in Ottawa?

59Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Does Kessel end up in Ottawa?

No thanks. His game isn't nearly complete enough. We've ridden that pony before.

60Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Im not the biggest Kessel fan, at all, but it's hard to argue that a 21 year old kid, coming off a 30 goal season wouldnt be a solid pick up. There is a kid who can play for The Sens for a loooong time.

His game is really incomplete with tons of holes, but from a tallent perspective and a somewhat proven player, it will be tough to get a better return then Kessel.

With the character Ottawa has in that room with Phillips, Fisher, Alfi, Neil, and hopefully Spezza soon enough, and with 3 years in the league and some hard lessons for Kessel, it could be a good fit.

If you had your choice between Kessel playing for 4.5 mil and Cheechoo for 3mil, I dont think there is much debate. Kessel hasnt even come close to reaching his potential and on the wing with Spezza, he could score 50 in the next year or two.

Again, not a huge Kessel fan but it's tough to argue that you will get more tallent back for Heatley then him.

61Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Im not the biggest Kessel fan, at all, but it's hard to argue that a 21 year old kid, coming off a 30 goal season wouldnt be a solid pick up. There is a kid who can play for The Sens for a loooong time.

His game is really incomplete with tons of holes, but from a tallent perspective and a somewhat proven player, it will be tough to get a better return then Kessel.

With the character Ottawa has in that room with Phillips, Fisher, Alfi, Neil, and hopefully Spezza soon enough, and with 3 years in the league and some hard lessons for Kessel, it could be a good fit.

If you had your choice between Kessel playing for 4.5 mil and Cheechoo for 3mil, I dont think there is much debate. Kessel hasnt even come close to reaching his potential and on the wing with Spezza, he could score 50 in the next year or two.

Again, not a huge Kessel fan but it's tough to argue that you will get more tallent back for Heatley then him.

Valid points there. Boston, too, oozes character, and it doesn't seem to have rubbed off on Kessel yet. I don't think we'll see much in the way of improvement from this guy in terms of an all around game. He didn't slip from being the top prospect in his draft year to going 10th. That's a really disturbing slide.

62Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Kessel def has had a MAJOR improvement since getting scratched for 3 games in the playoffs in 07/08, its not even close to when he was 18, 19. Big time improvement and he should deserve soem credit for that, just as Spezza deserves some credit for sticking with The Sens and really putting is foot down in terms of Heatley and how he feels, credit where credit is due.

Kessel being a winger also, you can let some things slip but his game has come along and with Clouston here now (who obviously demands accountability) I think that's the best possible return for The Sens.

He also went 5th overall, not 10th.

63Heatley staying put... for now - Page 4 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Kessel def has had a MAJOR improvement since getting scratched for 3 games in the playoffs in 07/08, its not even close to when he was 18, 19. Big time improvement and he should deserve soem credit for that, just as Spezza deserves some credit for sticking with The Sens and really putting is foot down in terms of Heatley and how he feels, credit where credit is due.

Kessel being a winger also, you can let some things slip but his game has come along and with Clouston here now (who obviously demands accountability) I think that's the best possible return for The Sens.

He also went 5th overall, not 10th.

I stand corrected then, I thought it was 10th. Yes, he has improved since being scratched, but I'll wholeheartedly disagree about him being the best possible return. I would much prefer a package with a guy like Pavelski or Clowe as the centrepiece with another player and a prospect thrown in. Kessel as the centrepiece doesn't give us much cap flexibility. No he won't make what Heatley makes, but we certainly wouldn't be doing Heatley for Kessel straight up. If that's the case, I'm going to eat at Taco Bell for a week straight, fly to Ottawa, and leave a giant, greasy, re-fried streamer on Brian Murray's desk. Seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum