GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley staying put... for now

+5
wprager
davetherave
dennycrane
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was a pretty poor impression shabbs. That is the coles notes version at best. Smile

32Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 pm

Heatley tearing it up this season and Marleau's contract expiering next year may be way better for The Sens in the long run. Also, with a successful season this year it will raise the stock of the franchise as well and might be able to attract some better UFA's.

Again, the best thing for The Sens and Heatley is for Heatley to tear it up. A 50 goal season from Heatley and other teams knowing he is available now, who at season's end might make room, is a better situation then right now. Next year if Heatley is here though The Sens are def in some cap trouble... we'll see though.

33Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That was a pretty poor impression shabbs. That is the coles notes version at best. Smile
Coles notes is how I roll... I'll leave the long-winded, big worded diatribes for Dr. Poo.

Laughing3

34Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 pm

If Heatley stays for this season, I think Murray will lower his asking price for Heatley by a very small margin. Thus eliminating being SCREWED in 2010/11.

In have a feeling we are in for a very strange but exciting season with Heatley in the lineup. If things go well (playoffs), he will be with us all year. If things go poorly (no playoffs), Heatley will be traded at or before the deadline.

35Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually isn't there talk that the Cap may not drop in 2010/11? Also isn't Smith off the books by then or does he have 2 more years? Regardless I think there are ways to survive 2010/11 with Heatley on the books until the deadline and not have to sacrifice Volchenkov or Kuba or any of the core players.

- Unknown Author

36Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 pm

I think Kuba is absolutly going to get dealt at some point in year two or three of his contract. So many young D men in Ottawa and Kuba with a couple solid years in Ottawa will get a decent return.

That was a brilliant signing by Murray.

37Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Donovan ($625K), Shannon ($600K), Winchester ($550K RFA), Smith ($2.6M), Schubert ($833K), Picard ($800K, RFA), Campoli ($633K, RFA).

Those are all the contracts expiring in 2010 (except for A-Train, of course; posibly Elliott as well). You wouldn't save much by replacing Donovan, Shannon, Winch and Campoli's contracts, so it's Smith and Schubert. Other than Donovan all the others will need a raise if they stay here. We could sure keep A-Train, but do we have enough to give everyone else raises?

38Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:I think Kuba is absolutly going to get dealt at some point in year two or three of his contract. So many young D men in Ottawa and Kuba with a couple solid years in Ottawa will get a decent return.

Good point. Not sure about brilliant, but that's another $3.7M we could potentially clear.

39Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget Foligno and Lee have their contracts expiring after this season, and a raise is likely.

40Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:04 pm

If Campoli tears it up this year, you can either deal him or Kuba, either way there will be room with assets coming back. Inflated stats for either of those two will be a good thing come next draft and there after.

This is a huge season for Ottawa, things really need to go well and everyone needs to produce, it will make things a lot easier for Murray.

41Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 pm

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I think Kuba is absolutly going to get dealt at some point in year two or three of his contract. So many young D men in Ottawa and Kuba with a couple solid years in Ottawa will get a decent return.

Good point. Not sure about brilliant, but that's another $3.7M we could potentially clear.

3.7 mil with a NTC in only the first year, for a 20 plus min, 40 plus point D man when everyone wanted the guy gone at the deadline, that took A LOT of forsight. IMO, best signing Murray has made in his time as GM in Ottawa. Kuba was nothing short if the teams best D man last year and very well could be again this year.

42Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 pm

dennycrane wrote:Don't forget Foligno and Lee have their contracts expiring after this season, and a raise is likely.

Lee will not be getting a riase, he will get a 1 way deal for less then 1 mil.

43Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Glad to have you back N4. Looks like you're well on your way to challenging for that coveted 2nd or 3rd spot on the top 10 posters list.

Also I agree. I don't see Lee getting a raise either.

- Unknown Author

44Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

I would say I'm number 3 in terms of posting hockey related comments... no offense to anyone who goes "off topic" more often then not.

45Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I would say I'm number 3 in terms of posting hockey related comments... no offense to anyone who goes "off topic" more often then not.

I find it helps me clear my head when we re-hash the same stuff over and over.

- Unknown Author

46Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 pm

Ya, not much news around The Sens, a little in terms of the NHL though. Good to see Edmonton isnt stupid enough to take Heatley though. I want him to suffer a bit in Ottawa before we deal him anyways...

47Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

What the Diddle is going on with this prick? I thought it was a done deal, now come and face the music you wus bag Diddle!

48Heatley staying put... for now - Page 3 Empty Re: Heatley staying put... for now Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:56 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That was a pretty poor impression shabbs. That is the coles notes version at best. Smile
Coles notes is how I roll... I'll leave the long-winded, big worded diatribes for Dr. Poo.

Laughing3

Guy takes one night off to drink with buds, and I come back to this? WTF? Where's the love.

It's not a diatribe when it makes sense. And when it has to be said. Anyone who reads my Dung knows I don't waste a single word.

Anyway, as to Heatley, this is why it was reallyyy good for him not to speak at all. Now he can come back and mend bridges. I don't like it personally, but the option is there. Time for him (and his agents) to do it right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum