GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How will they (San Jose) do it?

+5
PTFlea
shabbs
Jordo
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 am

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

RobbyJ wrote:As I said last week.

To SJ - Heatley

To Edm - Marleau, Cheechoo/Erhoff

To Ott - Penner, Cogliano, Smid

Picks/Prospects could be added to make everyone happy, but as far as 1 way contracts and roster players goes, this is it.

Do we really want this though? I was disgusted with this trade when it was first released. Penner is a lump of coal man. I would definitely take Cheechoo over Penner- they're both dice rolls, but at least Cheechoo scored almost 60 once.. Theyve both deteriorated, but Cheechoo can (or could) score goals- which is something Ottawa needs to address. In addition, I'd much rather have Ehrhoff or Vlasic instead of Smid. Cogliano would be a great addition, but I also don't really see where he fits in here. He's not quite a top 6, but he plays an excellent third line role. Perhaps (and it kills me to say this, but) Kelly could become expendable if we were to pick up a guy like Cogs.

How about this:

to SJ: Heatley, Kelly, Edm's 1st
to EDM: Marleau
to OTT: Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, Cogliano

Last edited by Jordo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed trade!)

17How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Nevermind, EDM needs to free up more cap space to fit Marleau...

18How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 am

Edmonton was going over the cap with their original Heatley deal, so I assume they had a plan in place to reduce their cap.

19How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What about Souray? Visnovsky? These are All-Star D-men.

Why haven't we explored these guys. Both are better than Ehrhoff - and probably better than Vlasic.

At this point, if a 3-way is to occur I want Gilbert. If Penner has to be a part of it I want some serious quality coming back.

Smid? Nice, but not Souray or Visnovsky.

20How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why are we discussing Edmonton as part of the package?

21How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:37 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:What about Souray? Visnovsky? These are All-Star D-men.

Why haven't we explored these guys. Both are better than Ehrhoff - and probably better than Vlasic.

At this point, if a 3-way is to occur I want Gilbert. If Penner has to be a part of it I want some serious quality coming back.

Well let's face the music guys- in both EDM and SJ deals, the centrepieces are most likely Cheechoo and Penner as salary dumps coming our way. My perspective is that I'd rather have Cheechoo because not only is his resume better, he's also cheaper.

If pieces are coming back the other way, we have every right to ask for more in addition to taking on their cap dump. However, Souray and Visno carry significant hits as well- 5.4 and 5.6 respectively, I believe. So MORE cap would have to be going the other way from our end like a Smith. I just don't see how it'll work. I'd also believe that Gilbert is untouchable.

To SJ: Heatley
To EDM: Marleau, Smith
To OTT: Cheechoo, Visnovsky, Cogliano, EDM's 1st

Does that work?

22How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 am

Jordo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What about Souray? Visnovsky? These are All-Star D-men.

Well let's face the music guys- in both EDM and SJ deals, the centrepieces are most likely Cheechoo and Penner as salary dumps coming our way. My perspective is that I'd rather have Cheechoo because not only is his resume better, he's also cheaper.

If pieces are coming back the other way, we have every right to ask for more in addition to taking on their cap dump. However, Souray and Visno carry significant hits as well- 5.4 and 5.6 respectively, I believe. So MORE cap would have to be going the other way from our end like a Smith. I just don't see how it'll work. I'd also believe that Gilbert is untouchable.

To SJ: Heatley
To EDM: Marleau, Smith
To OTT: Cheechoo, Visnovsky, Cogliano, EDM's 1st

Does that work?
That's a wash for SJ cap wise.
Edm picks up about 3M
Ottawa saves about 500K.

Problem is according to "reports" Murray wanted Penner specifically and has no interest in Cheechoo.

23How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:That's a wash for SJ cap wise.
Edm picks up about 3M
Ottawa saves about 500K.

Problem is according to "reports" Murray wanted Penner specifically and has no interest in Cheechoo.

I don't believe any of those "reports".

24How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 am

Would sending Cheechoo to Edmonton for Penner make the deal work? I could see that happening then Sending Penner back in a deal.

25How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Would sending Cheechoo to Edmonton for Penner make the deal work? I could see that happening then Sending Penner back in a deal.

Done and done.

Now watch Choochoo get back to around 30 goals and Fat Penner be Fat and Penner-y. Ahhhhh!

26How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:03 pm

I will be a big fan of whoever we get, because it means this whole F'in mess is over with.

27How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Would sending Cheechoo to Edmonton for Penner make the deal work? I could see that happening then Sending Penner back in a deal.

Done and done.

Now watch Choochoo get back to around 30 goals and Fat Penner be Fat and Penner-y. Ahhhhh!

If you put Penner on that top line with Spezza and Kovalev, you might get some serious production out of him.

28How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Done and done.

If you put Penner on that top line with Spezza and Kovalev, you might get some serious production out of him.

That's what I'm counting on. I was never against getting Penner.

29How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 pm

I wasnt either, in fact I was one of the people saying it coulf be a very nice fit in Ottawa like it was in Anahiem.

30How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm

notch77

Prospect
Prospect

31How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 pm

notch77 wrote:I still say Heater makes us better than any return we get.

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/official-gmhockeycom-recommended-line-up-for-the-sens-t2949.htm
We can't keep him with our Cap situation next year (2010/11). I don't think Heatley has the personality to be able to come back to the Sens and produce at a high level. I believe he would go into a shell and his production and effort (lack of effort) would be worse.

32How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 pm

How many times does notch get banned today...? You're at 3 now.

33How will they (San Jose) do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:22 pm

notch77

Prospect
Prospect

Not sure why he keeps doing it. I haven't even needed to start roaming my IP addresses yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum