GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

San Jose - Top 3 team as far as I can see.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I truly think that San Jose's decision to give up what they did to get Boyle was a big mistake and will hurt them longterm. I do like the acquisition and picking up Blake was a stroke of genious IMO. San Jose has been called the Sens of the West and it's a pretty good comparison actually. Not enough toughness and grit, have done well in the regular season the last few seasons, look good on paper. I also see another similiarity. Some top line players underachieving in the playoffs. The Sens only got that monkey off their backs in 06/07 when they got rid of the quiet unassuming Jacque Martin. San Jose has brought in some Cup experience and a great puck mover with Boyle and they brought in that much needed, grit and leadership in Blake (Most Sens fans I talk to would have loved to get that guy and I'm with them). Nabokov is an elite level goalie as well. I know the Thornton and Marleau haters will probably come out hard and say they're the reason they'll never win but my counter argument to that is: Look how long it took Alfie to break out. Also look at how long it took Hossa to shake that rep as well. I see this being a strong year for San Jose and definitely see them top 3 in the regular season. My bet for the playoffs is it's gonna be one more year before they taste the Finals.

- Unknown Author

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I really hope you are wrong on this (although I can't see a big flaw in the team, on paper at least). With Ottawa holding SJ's first as well as their own, I'd love to see a combined value be enough to trade up to a #5-10 first rounder, or some other "Murray Magic".

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum