GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose

+15
PKC
LeCaptain
Cronie
sennies1980
dennycrane
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
wprager
beedub
shabbs
davetherave
asq2
caissie_1
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

POLL: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose

Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap25%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap25%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap216%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap211%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap237%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 37% [ 7 ]
Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_lcap216%Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who will win - in how many game - and why?

Ahhhhh!

Last edited by 504Heater on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Josey in 5

3Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Shark's in 7! I think they will go farely deep this year. If theyre clicking on all cylinders very hard to beat.

4Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting match-up. Two teams with some good names on defence, big physical star forwards and "brand-name" goalies.

San Jose cleans up in the depth department, but Anaheim's a recent Cup-champ while San Jose's never really shaken its pretender title.

Boyle and Blake both bring winning to the team. But did that help the Senators in '07-'08?

I think San Jose will pull it out, but it may not be as easy as the numbers would suggest.

5Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this has the potential to be one of the more interesting matchups. Nabokov is better than either Hillier or Giguere - despite Giguere's dominance in playoffs. But, I like Anaheim's forwards in comparison to SJ's. Thornton is a big, big player, but he can be knocked off his game by a Neidermayer or a Pronger.

Meanwhile, Getzlaf and Perry live for this. They love to crush guys, then set up nice goals. Add in a wildcard like Bobby Ryan and the always dependable Selanne and there's something about this that makes me think Anaheim in 7.

Whitney hasn't been great, but he'll get a fresh start and was just in the Finals. Ebbett is a great young player, who because of the team he plays on, is almost always disregarded. Marchant lives for this as well.

They might regret trading Moen to the Sharks. I know he isn't the biggest of names, but I think he'll add that shut down, big guy element that the Sharks seem to be leaning towards.

As far as San Jose, they have to show up and they have to win this series. Winning the PC and then not winning round 1 is not just a disappointment, it's mind-blowingly serious. This adds a lot of pressure.

This wreaks to me of the Calgary/SJ first rounder last year, with Anaheim assuming the Sharks role. Taking this to the limit and putting the fear of God into the Sharks.

On paper it isn't even close, it'll be how those depth guys on lines 2 and 3 battle - and how much they can contribute offensively. Blake and Boyle really make a world of difference. In short, the Sharks are stacked, but they may have run into the wrong opponent at the wrong time.

Anaheim in 7.

6Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:00 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

You mention Thornton, but don't forget he's got one ridiculous supporting cast. I don't know if he still is, but prior to last year's play-offs, Marleau was tied with Iginla for the most goals in the playoffs since the lock-out.

Toss in Pavelski, Michalek, Clowe (especially him), Setoguchi, Cheechoo etc. to provide scoring, then add Moen, Grier to provide grit on forward and Douglas Murray to provide it on D, and you have a pretty awesome team.

I don't know that I'd take Anaheim's forwards. But I think their mental fortitude is stronger, even if guys like Pahlsson and Moen are gone.

The Sharks can't look back at all the previous disappointments. They have to just play their game. If they can't get over that, then Anaheim will win. Otherwise, I think San Jose will.

7Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure I'd take Anaheim's forwards as a whole, but I would trust the Getzlaf line more than Thornton's to be honest.

The depth is amazing. I tend to agree - win game one - don't look back - and put it away. Or you're in for some pain and suffering.

8Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Phenomenal matchup. Talent, aggression, experience. Seven games, edge to the Sharks because of their depth. That said, could go either way IMHO...

9Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sharks in 6.

10Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Yawn, is this one over yet. Has San Jose taken it in 5? Did Anaheim get their token game?

That's all Anaheim is going to get, one game. San Jose as a team will absolutely riddle Hillier and Co.

11Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is probably the match-up that Detroit loves. Whoever survives this round may be barely able to stand up by the time they reach the Conference Finals.

I picked the Sharks in 6, but it could well go 7. Anaheim has played well lately, but the Sharks are just a little better overall. It'll probably go down to whose goalie steals more games.

12Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:40 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

San Jose in 6.

13Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:37 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The Ducks will take this one. Second biggest upset of the year...

14Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:Yawn, is this one over yet. Has San Jose taken it in 5? Did Anaheim get their token game?

That's all Anaheim is going to get, one game. San Jose as a team will absolutely riddle Hillier and Co.

Hey Bee, did you watch any Ducks games this year?

15Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Empty Re: Round One: Anaheim @ San Jose Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SJ is just too good and Anaheim, who might still be a decent team and a tough team to play against, will just not match up against the Sharks.

Sharks in 5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum