GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

something interesting from K.Lee?

+19
M_Christopher
The Silfer Server
Vandelay
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
Tuk Tuk
dennycrane
rooneypoo
SensFan71
beerandsens
wprager
SensGirl11
Hoags
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1something interesting from K.Lee? Empty something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so yeah, i was just browsing the net when i fell on K.Lee latest piece. i'm no fan of the stuff he writes but he did bring up an interesting scenario that supposedly went down around the trade deadline with the rangers and the fiasco with edmonton. personaly i can't see Murray doing what he's accused him of. but that's K.Lee
you be the judge

this just a piece of it for the full blog link is bellow

As first reported here back before the NHL Entry Draft, the NY Rangers deal to land Heatley was 95% done and everyone involved thought it was done. That was until Sens GM Bryan Murray tried to get more out of the Rangers for Heatley. He went against the "code" and released the names of the potential deal with Edmonton hoping to use it as leverage against the Rangers. Unfortunately for Mr. Murray, he messed up BIG time and Rangers GM Glen Sather pulled his deal off the table and said he wouldn't pursue the high priced winger anymore out of principle due to what Murray had done to the Oilers. It's no surprise that Sather's ties to the Oilers organization had alot to do with it. Sather didn't want to see longtime friend Kevin Lowe get burned, nor did he like to see Oilers management have to deal with Murray's shady tactics. At some point, the Rangers might get desperate again and jump back into the Heatley sweepstakes. They originally offered defensemen Ryan McDonagh who Ottawa asked for before the Gomez deal was completed along Ryan Callahan and Michael Del Zotto. NY recently signed Callahan to a new contract but had held out hoping he would be Ottawa and the Sens would get a new deal done at that point for him. As well, it would take nothing for the Rangers to bury Wade Redden's contract in the AHL with their affiliate in Hartford. This has been talked about quite alot over the past few weeks with Rangers management due to.......surprise Sens fans....Redden's poor play.

http://www.sportstalkbuzz.com/index.php/nhl/ottawa-senators/721-dany-heatley-updatephoenix-coyotes-and-ny-rangers-tidbits#comments

2something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I thought DW shot this one down as a planted rumour that KLee jumped all over and got burned with.

3something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i like to think that getting callahan del zotto and mcdonald before the FA period would of given us plenty of leg room to snatch a few big names...

4something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a load of garbage. Anyone who watched the draft could tell that Slats was the one being rebuffed.

Why is Kevin Lie portraying Bryan Murray so poorly anyway?

5something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I thought DW shot this one down as a planted rumour that KLee jumped all over and got burned with.

just thought it was interesting enough as there was some deal that might have been on the table but it was zherdev

6something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:What a load of garbage. Anyone who watched the draft could tell that Slats was the one being rebuffed.

Why is Kevin Lie portraying Bryan Murray so poorly anyway?

it's one of the reasons i usualy don't care for his stuff. way to negative and always of the opinion that the organisation is full of crap. you would think him a leafs fan....

7something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why is K. Lee such a conspiratorial Dung? Wow, a Diddle GM of a Diddle several times over multi-million dollar franchise was trying to use leverage to get the best possible return for his biggest asset.

What a Diddle surprise...but not for a braindead jackass like K Lee. No sir. Let me guess: he thinks Heatley slept with Spezza's fiancee too.

What a moron. Hello Lee, this is the NHL you pillock, not some amateur hour blog that you run out of your basement.

No more of this nonsense please. This website is above this conspiracy Dung.

8something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I moved this to Rant 'n' Rave because it's been shot down by our members already. Continue to discuss it if you like I just don't think it belongs in the Ottawa forum.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

9something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The thought behind the article is interesting for sure Flo, just that it's not reliable from what I've heard. Brooks (who I also dislike) was quoted as saying he had no idea what the basis of the deal was that Murray said no to. He thought it was Roszival and Zherdev, but re-iterated a couple of times that no one really knew what the prospected deal was.

So, to think that K.Lee had access to this valuable and privy knowledge, is impossible in my eyes. Nothing against him personally, but I just don't think he has the pull and connections to get info that respected hockey writers for places like the Times, cannot.

10something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I do think that the deal LA got for Smyth was the same deal they were offering Murray for Heatley. Which obviously, would be a no-go.

11something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I do think that the deal LA got for Smyth was the same deal they were offering Murray for Heatley. Which obviously, would be a no-go.

I think if that's the case, then that's probably the deal Murray considered insulting, and to be honest, I can't disagree with him either.

12something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I do think that the deal LA got for Smyth was the same deal they were offering Murray for Heatley. Which obviously, would be a no-go.

I think if that's the case, then that's probably the deal Murray considered insulting, and to be honest, I can't disagree with him either.

I was also wondering who gave the 'insulting' offer for Heatley and what it was.

That's probably it.

13something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

I think you're right, that's the one he's referring to. In which case, Lombardi better not ever need a favour, 'cause it'll cost him huge.

14something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Is this deal even worth it for Ottawa? I'm not too familiar with those prospects.

I know it's a bunch of horse Dung, but I'm just curious.

15something interesting from K.Lee? Empty Re: something interesting from K.Lee? Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Is this deal even worth it for Ottawa? I'm not too familiar with those prospects.

I know it's a bunch of horse Dung, but I'm just curious.

Goodness no.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum