GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next For The Senators?

+32
dennycrane
Jordo
Cronie
Hockeyhero22000
rooneypoo
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
strachattack
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
LethalLehner
Snuh
Flo The Action
jamvan
The Silfer Server
TeamRenzo
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
Hobiesens
PKC
Urkie
shabbs
TheAvatar
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
Acrobat
davetherave
LeCaptain
wprager
asq2
Phoenix30
SensFan71
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 45]

16What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:WOuldnt J Bo be the youngest?

One of the youngest...there was a typo in the Sportsnet article which I fixed.

17What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 pm

beauty.

18What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Given his ranking in playoff output, is it unreasonable to look to Cammaleri as a partial replacement for Heatley, then (assuming the rumors are true) something like 5th/Frolov/??? would help fill in the rest of the space, and cap space would be about even?

Yes, I know that wouldn't leave room to get J-Bo, but I'm not sure he's what the team needs right now anyhow, and certainly not at 8x8, probably not for anything more than $6M x 5 yrs actually.

19What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Heatley isnt exactly clutch in the playoffs, in fact he struggles in a large way.

JUST TRADE HIM!!!!!

20What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 pm

What kind of pricetag is this guy going to have attached to him? If he's anything more than 5.5, then no thanks. Also, what kind of term is he looking for? I hope he isn't expecting a mega deal... I wouldn't sign Cammeleri to anything longer than a 2 or 3 year deal.

To be clear, though, I wouldn't sign him at all.

21What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:18 pm

I'll take Hossa over Cammeleri all day long.

22What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

no question that Hossa is a more desirable option, but if you can get Cam at $4.5-5 for 2-3y, maybe he becomes the player that carries the team through until the kids can pick up the load. And a change of scenery may be enough to kickstart him again. He'd have to know that Clouston wouldn't take any crap, so by signing, he'd be committing to working hard (one hopes, anyhow).

23What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gotta be getting close...

24What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Gotta be getting close...

SpezD, do you remember the talk this past season about Spezza going to Edmonton?

25What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Hossa will sign with a contender for as little as 6 million. He wants to win, money is of no concern.

He's probably too embarassed to go back to Pittsburgh, so some place like SJ, Boston, NJ, Anaheim, and Washington for dirt cheap if they can fit him.

Hossa in Washington would be a good fit

Hossa-Backstrom-Ovechkin
UFA/Fehr-Nylander/Laich-Semin

26What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:44 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Love that first line for sure !!!

27What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Love that first line for sure !!!

Backy will get about 100 assists a season :^^^^:

28What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

SpezD, do you remember the talk this past season about Spezza going to Edmonton?

I do indeed. Why do you ask?

29What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I do indeed. Why do you ask?

Not that I give Ek any cred, but H-Buzz has been buzzing tonight about a Spez to Oil deal.

30What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Not that I give Ek any cred, but H-Buzz has been buzzing tonight about a Spez to Oil deal.

They love Spezza. :^^^^: Wow, they won't let that go.

Well, I'll say this much: if a deal comes down the pike that we cannot refuse and we end up moving both Heatley and Spezza? I would trust Murray's guidance that he knows what he's doing. That would be crazy though. Ahhhhh!

31What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza is NOT moving; take that to the bank.

32What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

They love Spezza. :^^^^: Wow, they won't let that go.

Well, I'll say this much: if a deal comes down the pike that we cannot refuse and we end up moving both Heatley and Spezza? I would trust Murray's guidance that he knows what he's doing. That would be crazy though. Ahhhhh!

Well, I didn't find anything from any reliable sources on this one, but the talk earlier this year seemed serious enough...so who knows.

If Bryan Murray does want to make a deal using Jason to leverage some young talent and clear cap room, he only has a short window. Interesting.

Could be a wild weekend!

33What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 pm

I have no belief in this rumour at all. One thing that would be true if this has any basis in reality... Ottawa would be in a total rebuild and we would owe it to Alfie/Fisher to allow them to move somewhere else...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 45]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum