GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg back behind the bench

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Signed on for 2 years by the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2009/06/22/9885566-sun.html

AHL to NHL to WHL. What a rollercoaster.

2Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Signed on for 2 years by the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2009/06/22/9885566-sun.html

AHL to NHL to WHL. What a rollercoaster.

couldn't hack it in the big show, enjoy the minors Hartsy, there won't be any big egos down there.

3Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure Hartsburg never coached in the AHL. He was in the Soo before coming here.

Anyways, he's a good coach, just not a good NHL coach. He should do well in any CHL

4Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure Hartsburg never coached in the AHL. He was in the Soo before coming here.

And before that he was an Asssistant Coach in the NHL wasn't he?

- Unknown Author

5Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm

sounds right...I dunno. Someone find his wiki site Smile

6Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:49 pm

I wonder if this means the Sens are off the hook for his contract or would that be only for another NHL job.

7Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cas wrote:sounds right...I dunno. Someone find his wiki site Smile
From Wiki....

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Hartsburg#Coaching_career

Coaching career

After he retired as a player, Hartsburg immediately accepted an assistant coaching position with the North Stars for the 1989–90 season. He then became an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers from 1990 to 1994. Longing for a head coaching position and in need of experience, he then accepted the head coaching position with the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) for the 1994–95 season, before returning to the NHL as the head coach from 1995 to 1998 of the Chicago Blackhawks, ironically, one of the most bitter rivals of his longtime team in Minnesota. In 1998, he was named head coach of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for the better part of three seasons before being replaced midseason in 2000–01.

He returned to coach junior hockey with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL for one season, before returning to the Flyers as an assistant for two seasons. In 2004, he returned to the Greyhounds and served as the head coach until 2008. He also served as coach for the Canadian World Junior Team. He received a gold medal in the 2007 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, when Team Canada beat Russia 4-2. He was also the coach for Team Canada in the 2008 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships when Canada again won gold by beating Sweden 3-2 in overtime.

On Friday, June 13, 2008, he signed a three-year contract and was named head coach of the Ottawa Senators, replacing general manager Bryan Murray who had assumed interim coaching duties when John Paddock was fired on February 27, 2008. On February 1, 2009, Hartsburg was fired by the Senators following a disappointing 17-24-7 start to the 2008–09 season.

Are people confusing Hartsy with Paddock?

8Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:p:

Not a fan, but good luck to him.

9Hartsburg back behind the bench Empty Re: Hartsburg back behind the bench Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lucky Day wrote:I wonder if this means the Sens are off the hook for his contract or would that be only for another NHL job.

Whatever he makes in the WHL or wherever he's going comes off what the Sens owe him. So...essentially, we still have to pay 80% of his salary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum