GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade

+6
Amnesia021
wprager
AlfieforPM
PTFlea
PKC
Phoenix30
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:45 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
jamvan wrote:I wouldn't want Comrie for his price tag, there are hundreds of better players than him we could nab at the deadline.

Who would you suggest then.
Kovulchuk!!!

32Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
jamvan wrote:I wouldn't want Comrie for his price tag, there are hundreds of better players than him we could nab at the deadline.

Who would you suggest then.
Kovulchuk!!!

He would be real nice but we might as well send the entire farm plus some for him.

33Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:35 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Best in the finals? If I recall, Alfie and Fisher got us 5 goals, a combined 9 points in those 5 games. Saprykin had 1 assist in 4 games, +1 (why did he miss the opener?). McAmmond 1 goal in 3 games, even. Schubert 1 assist in 4 games, -2.

Granted, Heatley (1 goal) and Spezza (2 assists) could have done better, but they were playing against Anaheim's top shutdown line and defensive pairing. And stats ain't everything -- I know. I'm just wondering how you can say they were our best line?

We all know that the score sheet doesn't reveal the whole story. Yes, Fisher and Alfie scored more goals (and they better have!), but that line went out and smashed the crap out of everything in sight and played their hearts out. They made the most out of every single second they had on the ice. They were also the only ones who didn't get tossed around like rag dolls and intimidated. That goal from McAmmond in game 3 was enormous.

That's not just me saying that. It was pretty much consensus at the time. Heck, I remember even the CBC announcing blabbering on about it.

No doubt about it, tho', Alfie was our best player. He was f'ing amazing even in a losing cause.

34Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfie was freakin' possessed in Game 5. Phillips gets the puck tangled in Emery's skates and the puck goes into his own net - What happens? Alfie grabs the puck and WILLS himself past the Anaheim team and SCARES that puck into going in the Anaheim net.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum