GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens - Nikulin asks for trade

+5
COLLAR UP
PKC
bluewhiteandgolf
PTFlea
Phoenix30
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:38 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

According to Nikulins Blog on HF he indicates he has asked for a trade and that if it does not occur within a few weeks he would head back to Russia to play. He further states that Murray agreed to making a trade when he put in the request. In the blog it states that Nikulin would like to go to an average team so he could play. Has anyone else heard of this or can confirm if it indeed is true.

If a trade were to happen my guess he could end up in Atlanta, Columbus, Vancouver and it would be for a prospect or pick. Maybe even in a larger package that would include moving a roster player.

Thoughts?

2Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bye bye.

3Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

Phoenix30 wrote:According to Nikulins Blog on HF he indicates he has asked for a trade and that if it does not occur within a few weeks he would head back to Russia to play. He further states that Murray agreed to making a trade when he put in the request. In the blog it states that Nikulin would like to go to an average team so he could play. Has anyone else heard of this or can confirm if it indeed is true.

If a trade were to happen my guess he could end up in Atlanta, Columbus, Vancouver and it would be for a prospect or pick. Maybe even in a larger package that would include moving a roster player.

Thoughts?

Here's the link, good riddance buddy
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=446867&page=31

4Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Oh no, I guess I have to go cry myself to sleep tonight. *sarcasm*
Diddle him. If he was good enough to play on this team, he'd be playing right now.

5Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:59 am

Watch out for the door... oh that was a shame...

NIKULIN squirrel

6Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

In all fairness to him though...

Imagine yourself being an athlete...who cuold be playing in the league if you were not on a team so deep...

I understand his desire to play in the NHL...as should we all...

It sucks...but he is not good enough here...but may be just what a lesser team needs...

7Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:08 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Good bye suck arse!!!

8Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:09 am

COLLAR UP wrote:In all fairness to him though...

Imagine yourself being an athlete...who cuold be playing in the league if you were not on a team so deep...

I understand his desire to play in the NHL...as should we all...

It sucks...but he is not good enough here...but may be just what a lesser team needs...

I appreciate the dilema. He is not a player who would benefit from playing in a 4th line role. The problem with the finesse type forward is that they have to be ready to contribute on the top two lines when they arrive. He is not there and did not look like he was close in the limited action he saw. Perhaps he would catch on with a lesser light but I am not anticipating we would get much for him. He is less of a prospect than Kaigorodov was at the time. Sure we got Comrie but that had more to do with Mucks taking advantage of his relationship with the boys in Phoenix than it did with being an even trade.

9Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:13 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Bye bye.

I agree I think he is out the door. I hope Murray is able to get something for him. Some will disagree but how about any of these:

To Columbus:
Nikulin - a center to play with Filatov
Schubert - a 7th defenceman that can move up as he improves
Glass - goalie that can compete for the backup position.

To Ottawa:
2nd
Mason - former Hartsburg goalie from WJC and would be a back up plan if Elliott can't come through. O'Keefe can fill in for Mason until he returns from the IR.

or

To Atlanta:
3rd
Schubert - Need another quality D-man
Nikulin - may excel playing on a line with Kovalchuk

To Ottawa:
2nd
Esposito - under Hartsburg he could excel

In both cases we shed salary and pick up prospects and picks for that can have some trade value or build a strong AHL team. Schuberts spot on the team can be filled my Carkner who could give us our toughness, and swingman role while develops further.

10Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix, I would do both of those moves in a heartbeat, but I really doubt either Atlanta or Columbus would.

All we need right now is probably patience, see how the team is and then in December or January, see if we can make some upgrades.

I agree with one HF guy there, it's a little annoying that we didn't keep Comrie or Stillman - and we didn't use the cap space - but I'm sure Murray has some options in his back pocket.

11Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Phoenix, I would do both of those moves in a heartbeat, but I really doubt either Atlanta or Columbus would.

All we need right now is probably patience, see how the team is and then in December or January, see if we can make some upgrades.

I agree with one HF guy there, it's a little annoying that we didn't keep Comrie or Stillman - and we didn't use the cap space - but I'm sure Murray has some options in his back pocket.

I agree that wait until December to make upgrades but unfortunately if its true Murray doesnt have much time with Nikulin. I suspect that as soon as he heads back to Russia our options become less. This would be a good time for either team to make those trades because it gives them an opportunity to take advantange and get a quality player in Nikulin as he could play with either Filatov or Kovalchuk. Especially Atlanta where its a gamble bringing in a rookie center but if Kovalchuk and Nikulin could build chemistry right away it may help their cause on resigning him in 2 years. I think 2 years is an ideal time to try it out. 1st year they learn from each other and hopefully make some noise, 2nd year they build on it and grow further.

Same goes for Columbus but they have a little more time to develop a line of Nikulin and Filatov.

As for Comrie and Stillman, Murray couldnt commit anything until he knew where he stood with Fisher, Spezza, Heater, and Mez. I have never been a fan of rental's especially if you are giving up a piece of the future. I really believe if you take a rental player then a pick should be included even if its a late rounder or a conditional pick, just to show you got something if the UFA walks. Now if things with Mez had sorted themselves they way they did before July 1 then I do believe Murray could have resigned Stillman.

Now if we could have kept both those players we could have had a potential line of Stillman - Comrie - Fisher. Darn it, it looks good.

12Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Phoenix, I would do both of those moves in a heartbeat, but I really doubt either Atlanta or Columbus would.

I also suggested Vancouver in my orginal post as they need scoring help and he would get playing time there and I didnt propose anything. So here goes:

To Ottawa:
White
Sauve

To Vancouver:
Nikulin
Hennessy

This is a deal where Vancouver gets 2 players who can play now where Ottawa builds it depth for down the road.

13Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think we're gonna get much for Nikulin, we'll have to make him a throw in to a trade at some point. Otherwise...we need to concentrate on the start of the season and he's not part of the team at all.

If this was Zubov, I'd be a little more concerned, but...it's not, so...go to Russia if you wish. It might even help round out your game a little Nikulin.

14Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

you're probably right Heater. Unless Murray does a prospect-for-prospect swap; or throws in another like Hennessy or something.

15Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I don't think we're gonna get much for Nikulin, we'll have to make him a throw in to a trade at some point. Otherwise...we need to concentrate on the start of the season and he's not part of the team at all.

If this was Zubov, I'd be a little more concerned, but...it's not, so...go to Russia if you wish. It might even help round out your game a little Nikulin.
Well here are a few we might be able to get for him:

Brett Sterling - Atlanta
Matt Moulson - LA
Matt Calvert - Columbus

Why don't we package Nikulin and Hennessey for Schremp

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum