GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens - Nikulin asks for trade

+5
COLLAR UP
PKC
bluewhiteandgolf
PTFlea
Phoenix30
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:45 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think we're gonna get much for Nikulin, we'll have to make him a throw in to a trade at some point. Otherwise...we need to concentrate on the start of the season and he's not part of the team at all.

If this was Zubov, I'd be a little more concerned, but...it's not, so...go to Russia if you wish. It might even help round out your game a little Nikulin.

17Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

you're probably right Heater. Unless Murray does a prospect-for-prospect swap; or throws in another like Hennessy or something.

18Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I don't think we're gonna get much for Nikulin, we'll have to make him a throw in to a trade at some point. Otherwise...we need to concentrate on the start of the season and he's not part of the team at all.

If this was Zubov, I'd be a little more concerned, but...it's not, so...go to Russia if you wish. It might even help round out your game a little Nikulin.
Well here are a few we might be able to get for him:

Brett Sterling - Atlanta
Matt Moulson - LA
Matt Calvert - Columbus

Why don't we package Nikulin and Hennessey for Schremp

19Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Because Nikulin will rot in Springfield and be nonetheless happy, albeit no longer our problem... and Schremp doesn't make our team either, unless you're moving Donovan, or McAmmond or Kelly or Vermette or Foligno or Winchester or Bass.

20Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I don't think we're gonna get much for Nikulin, we'll have to make him a throw in to a trade at some point. Otherwise...we need to concentrate on the start of the season and he's not part of the team at all.

Well here are a few we might be able to get for him:

Brett Sterling - Atlanta
Matt Moulson - LA
Matt Calvert - Columbus

Why don't we package Nikulin and Hennessey for Schremp

Sterling, really? I thought they were really high on him in Atlanta. How come Shremp rumours keep popping up? Is this kid not gonna work out?

But yeah, I'll take a nice fresh prospect who'll shut his mouth and work hard in the AHL for sure.

Did anyone see the interview with Tim Murray when he said that he didn't know if 'hard training' for Russians meant relaxing and eating whatever they want. He was really, really unhappy with Nikulin's fitness level coming into camp. I think a lot of teams would know about this and not really want to take any kind of chance on him.

Disappointing that Nikulin didn't come into camp in the best shape of anyone. Did he not know what was on the line? I don't understand...

21Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's (one of) the risks of drafting Russians.

I doubt you get any takers.

22Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:That's (one of) the risks of drafting Russians.

I doubt you get any takers.

Probably but maybe Murray should send a message to this kid. Have Nikulin play up to 9 games then punt him down to the farm. Either 1 of 2 things happen.

1. Nikulin shows up everyone and ups his stock.
2, The kid stinks and he realizes it so he busts his hump on the farm. If not then he can just head back across the pond. Similar to whats his name we sent to Phoenix for Comrie.

23Sens - Nikulin asks for trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens - Nikulin asks for trade Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:59 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I understand his dilemma also, he would have probably never played in Ottawa, so it's fair that he wants to be traded, we should just try to get some picks back our way, try to replace him that way...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum