GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+28
Hoags
wprager
spader
Riprock
Flo The Action
tim1_2
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
Ev
MsConduct10
dennycrane
SDH89
SensHulk
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
caissie_1
Hayden
ferret
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's really sad to see such a promising start slowly go down in flames. Are they even a .500 club anymore?

32Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's really sad to see such a promising start slowly go down in flames. Are they even a .500 club anymore?

nope, the losses to the O's have dropped them below .500, only good thing is that Hill, Lind, and Halladay are still having great seasons.

Edit: only good team to watch in Toronto is the Raps, and that is if you like basketball. This could be one of the last years for Halladay is going to be traded, before it was unheard of, now Ricciardi is listening to offers, come this trade deadline or next, the Doc could be in different colours, hope its not the Yanks or Red Sox.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crying

Boo hoo hoo.

34Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeh the Doc days are numbered if he's traded to Boston or NYY i will go up to Toronto and slap JP in the face...

35Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Yeh the Doc days are numbered if he's traded to Boston or NYY i will go up to Toronto and slap JP in the face...

The return for that better blow me across the room - or it's almost lights out for me and baseball for the next...I dunno decade.

I say that especially because my interest has been waning for the last 5 years+.

36Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Yeh the Doc days are numbered if he's traded to Boston or NYY i will go up to Toronto and slap JP in the face...

The return for that better blow me across the room - or it's almost lights out for me and baseball for the next...I dunno decade.

I say that especially because my interest has been waning for the last 5 years+.

Or if hes going to the Yanks/Sox Wells better packaged with him. I would take alot less in return to get rid of that contract aswell.

37Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Can't believe it's gotten to the point in Toronto where they are talking about trading Halladay. Seriously, if they trade that guy, I don't know what the point of watching that team is anymore. Teams spend decades looking for an ace like him to build their whole pitching staff around him...and we're just moving him on.

If they don't get the best trade return for him in league history, where like sports media are flat out admitting that the team trading for him was fleeced to the point of embarrassment, I will start up a collection to have Ricciardi murdered in broad daylight.

38Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:
Or if hes going to the Yanks/Sox Wells better packaged with him. I would take alot less in return to get rid of that contract aswell.

Boing! I would love to get rid of Wells' contract.

39Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Can't believe it's gotten to the point in Toronto where they are talking about trading Halladay. Seriously, if they trade that guy, I don't know what the point of watching that team is anymore. Teams spend decades looking for an ace like him to build their whole pitching staff around him...and we're just moving him on.

If they don't get the best trade return for him in league history, where like sports media are flat out admitting that the team trading for him was fleeced to the point of embarrassment, I will start up a collection to have Ricciardi murdered in broad daylight.

I would be most pissed.

40Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Can't believe it's gotten to the point in Toronto where they are talking about trading Halladay. Seriously, if they trade that guy, I don't know what the point of watching that team is anymore. Teams spend decades looking for an ace like him to build their whole pitching staff around him...and we're just moving him on.

But he is talking like he doesnt want to stay. They can't let him walk for nothing.

41Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:

But he is talking like he doesnt want to stay. They can't let him walk for nothing.

He wants to win that's why. And somehow, the Blue Jays seem to have THE WORST strength and conditioning coach in the world. Our whole goddamn rotation is on the IR...like, how can you compete in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox when all of your starting pitchers are injured?

No wonder the guy is fed up. And then they waste their money on Vernon Wells to anchor the middle of the lineup, but the guy barely has any pop in his bat. And then they expect Alex Rios to turn into Alex Rodriguez every year.

There's just a massive misuse of talent on this roster. The only positive outlook is that Hill and Lind are probably going to be perennial All-Stars and that this team is still close to .500 even though they have yet to field their real starting rotation.

I really hope they can keep him around...Halladay, McGowan, Marcum, Litsch, Romero, Cecil, Richmond, Janssen...they have some serious pitching talent to compete in this league as evidenced by the fact that despite every one was talking about their hitting game and offense early on in the season, no one was talking about the fact that the Jays were leading the league in team ERA.

You take Halladay out of that equation, yikes!

42Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:

He wants to win that's why. And somehow, the Blue Jays seem to have THE WORST strength and conditioning coach in the world. Our whole goddamn rotation is on the IR...like, how can you compete in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox when all of your starting pitchers are injured?

No wonder the guy is fed up. And then they waste their money on Vernon Wells to anchor the middle of the lineup, but the guy barely has any pop in his bat. And then they expect Alex Rios to turn into Alex Rodriguez every year.

There's just a massive misuse of talent on this roster. The only positive outlook is that Hill and Lind are probably going to be perennial All-Stars and that this team is still close to .500 even though they have yet to field their real starting rotation.

I really hope they can keep him around...Halladay, McGowan, Marcum, Litsch, Romero, Cecil, Richmond, Janssen...they have some serious pitching talent to compete in this league as evidenced by the fact that despite every one was talking about their hitting game and offense early on in the season, no one was talking about the fact that the Jays were leading the league in team ERA.

You take Halladay out of that equation, yikes!

But there not winning with Halladay anyways. Trade him for good young spects and try to be like the Rays in a couple years. Its not just Doc either, Rolen and Scutaros values will never be higher then they are now.

43Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

At least Halladay is getting wins while he's still a Jay...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/story/2009/07/19/bluejays-docwins.html

44Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

A nice performance by Halladay.... The crowd gave him a standing O before and after the game... He even tip his cap beautiful as Halladay dosnt normally do that. Let's hope he sticks around.

45Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

caissie_1 wrote:A nice performance by Halladay.... The crowd gave him a standing O before and after the game... He even tip his cap beautiful as Halladay dosnt normally do that. Let's hope he sticks around.
It would be nice if he did, but it seems Jay's management is shopping him around.

46Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:01 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yes they are.... Opposing teams seam a little scared to pay the price he's worth... He would or should bring in one of the greatest prospects returns in a long time in MLB.... He is signed for next year so his value is alot greater...

Also if he bolts the team next year that team would get 2 first round picks as compensation so Halladay's value is true the ruff.... He will definetly bring a better return if traded then Sabathia did for the Indians last year.

47Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, the return for Halladay should be HUGE. Best pitcher in the league. Hell yeah.

48Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

The best thing for Halladay and the Jays - is to trade him. He's been loyal - but he definitely deserve some playoff ball - and the jays need to retool. I am worried that it is JP pulling the trigger on this one though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum