GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jacques Martin to be named coach of the Habs

+7
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:THis may give them an edge on JayBo
Or the opposite... maybe JBo will stay in Florida now.
I don't even think Florida are staying in Florida. Word is the team could be up for sale by mid-week.
Are the current owners planning on putting it up?

Nick Kypreos is saying it's linked to the impending sale of the arena. ??? Where does that leave the team?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:THis may give them an edge on JayBo
Or the opposite... maybe JBo will stay in Florida now.
I don't even think Florida are staying in Florida. Word is the team could be up for sale by mid-week.
Are the current owners planning on putting it up?

Nick Kypreos is saying it's linked to the impending sale of the arena. ??? Where does that leave the team?

playing in the Florida keys maybe? or on the beach? with roller blades instead?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think this could be good for the habs. they need somebody that's gonna lean on the defence. it will be interesting to see who that brings to montreal.
i think he did a alright job for ottawa, and whatever mistakes he may have made in the past he might of learned from.
does that mean that Gainey could be pushed out if he mucks up with the UFA's??? :00:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still cannot understand this move. This is Carbo V2.0 and the first version didn't work out. Outstandingly odd decision.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Excellent choice for Jacques Martin, and for Le Canadien.

It makes total sense for the Habs as Jaques can implement his Defence system that can Shield Price. He's got a tonne of potential still and they HAVE to repair the damage done to Price.

giving him a system that made Ottawa VERY good at limiting chances should help.

The offence will be okay provided Gainey has some success with his UFA Hunting.

Maybe Gaborik will feel at home? Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:I still cannot understand this move. This is Carbo V2.0 and the first version didn't work out. Outstandingly odd decision.

It certainly does nothing to undo that mistake. But this is where they're at now and I guess Martin is about the best hire they could have made.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I still cannot understand this move. This is Carbo V2.0 and the first version didn't work out. Outstandingly odd decision.

It certainly does nothing to undo that mistake. But this is where they're at now and I guess Martin is about the best hire they could have made.

guess they missed the Quinn boat too then, not saying he would have signed on with Montreal though, he still has some loyalties to Toronto I bet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mario Tremblay becomes an assistant coach.
Jacques Lemaire becomes special consultant.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Coffee!

Wow, I had a dream that Jacques Martin was hired to coach the Habs. And then I had another dream that they hired Mario Tremblay, the guy that almost came to blows with Roy three times, then was responsible for Roy demanding a trade.

Can you imagine. What a dream.... Vertigo

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Coffee!

Wow, I had a dream that Jacques Martin was hired to coach the Habs. And then I had another dream that they hired Mario Tremblay, the guy that almost came to blows with Roy three times, then was responsible for Roy demanding a trade.

Can you imagine. What a dream.... Vertigo

so you thinking this is a major kick to the pants of any possibilities Roy comes back to the Habs in any capacity?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
so you thinking this is a major kick to the pants of any possibilities Roy comes back to the Habs in any capacity?

Oh, there's zero chance of that happening now. I'm sure the chances were slight to begin with, but unless bridges have been mended, this is what you get for the Habs for now. Martin, Trembley and Lemaire as a consultant.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Mario Tremblay becomes an assistant coach.
Jacques Lemaire becomes special consultant.
Has that been confirmed? I missed the presser...

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Excellent choice for Jacques Martin, and for Le Canadien's opponents.

corrected.

I love it!!!!! :****:

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I just don't get this either...good luck with that!

More sadness for Habs fans on the way.

This defence only system just doesn't work in this New NHL anymore...Jacques Martin is yesterday's news. Not the choice I would've made at all. If he didn't last as coach in Florida, how the hell is he going to survive in the Habs Market????

I think the fans might be happy now (not sure why) but they will drive him right out of town by mid-season for sure. (I think it'll be sooner than that)

EDIT: See Craig Hartsburg (September 2008-February 2009) R.I.P

Jacques Martin to be named coach of the Habs - Page 2 H020202A

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:I just don't get this either...good luck with that!

More sadness for Habs fans on the way.

This defence only system just doesn't work in this New NHL anymore...Jacques Martin is yesterday's news. Not the choice I would've made at all. If he didn't last as coach in Florida, how the hell is he going to survive in the Habs Market????

I think the fans might be happy now (not sure why) but they will drive him right out of town by mid-season for sure. (I think it'll be sooner than that)

but it's their 100th season part deux, they can only be confident of better things to come right? Their problem still lies between the pipes and in the bleu, blanc and rouge numero vingt sept.

this is a better scenrio, I really thought they would hire carbo back, or maybe give Roy a chance. That's good though, i didn't really wanto see Roy back there ...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
davetherave wrote:Excellent choice for Jacques Martin, and for Le Canadien.

...for Le Canadien's opponents. corrected.

If you're a Senators fan, why do you hate Jacques Martin so much when he got your team to the playoffs eight years in a row?
:KJK:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum