GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Kings?

+12
Riprock
LeCaptain
caissie_1
PKC
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
rooneypoo
asq2
PTFlea
davetherave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Brayden Schenn is being compared by the RDS crew to Brian Trottier...if that's the case the Kings may very well return to royalty in the NHL.

Keep in mind that these are comparisons of style, not of calibre.

ASQ>what's your opinion of Brayden Schenn?

Terrific leader, good skill (excellent play-maker), very physical, reliable all-around. Sort of a Mike Richards type of guy with less scoring and more passing. Not the best skater, but he's built for playoff hockey. He and Dustin Brown have the potential to comprise part of what is basically an ideal second-line for the post-season. Anze Kopitar at 6'4" isn't exactly going to be easy to shut down in the playoffs either.

Chicago, LA and St. Louis are the future (and present, to a certain extent) of the Western Conference IMO.

47What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:04 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Doughty, Bogosian, Weber are the three that will be fighting for Norrises for the rest of their careers.

Hopefully Cowen is there as well. Maybe EJ.

I think the list is bigger than that. Heck, Duncan Keith is only 26.

Maybe EJ? What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Suspect He might be my pick of the whole group.

48What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

EJ and Drew Doughty are the best skaters, passers in the bunch IMO. Don;t underestimate EJ, he's amazing, leading his team in points and the only + player in the top 10 of the team. Myers and Bogosian are a little different, Weber is probably the best at the moment but he's also the oldest and more experienced.
Cowen could be amazing but he SHOULD NOT be rushed.

But I still think Karlsson without the mistakes, bigger and with more experience should be included in the group.

49What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:EJ and Drew Doughty are the best skaters, passers in the bunch IMO. Myers and Bogosian are a little different, Weber is probably the best at the moment but he's also the oldest and more experienced.

But I still think Karlsson without the mistakes, bigger and with more experience should be included in the group.

Karlsson is like Green, although I think he'll ultimately have about 80-85% of the offence, 150% of the defence and more open-ice hitting. It'll still be his offensive numbers that will largely determine how much he's mentioned in Norris discussions.

I think his passing and most aspects of his offensive game are on par with Doughty and EJ. What makes them special is their frames, which allow them to pack on a tonne of strength and turn them into shut-down calibre defenders. Doughty and EJ also have a better defensive IQ than Karlsson does.

50What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Doughty, Bogosian, Weber are the three that will be fighting for Norrises for the rest of their careers.

Maybe EJ? What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Suspect He might be my pick of the whole group.

EJ needs to re-prove himself IMO. Keith is amazing.

51What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:EJ needs to re-prove himself IMO.

Have you checked his numbers recently? He's outscoring Milan Michalek.

Last edited by asq2 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

52What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

EJ needs to re-prove himself IMO. Keith is amazing.

He's already proving it this year. Problem is his team is not where it should be.

Anyways, that 2008 draft is probably gonna produce as many NHL defensemen as in the last 10 years.

53What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:24 pm

asq2 wrote:
Terrific leader, good skill (excellent play-maker), very physical, reliable all-around. Sort of a Mike Richards type of guy with less scoring and more passing. Not the best skater, but he's built for playoff hockey. He and Dustin Brown have the potential to comprise part of what is basically an ideal second-line for the post-season. Anze Kopitar at 6'4" isn't exactly going to be easy to shut down in the playoffs either.

Chicago, LA and St. Louis are the future (and present, to a certain extent) of the Western Conference IMO.

I think Kopitar is going to get shut down ala Malkin for a couple years before he adjusts to the rigors of the post-season...just look at how he's played since the quarter pole of the season (when things typically tighten considerably) and you can see that he isn't quite there yet. Great talent, long ways to go...

54What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:27 pm

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:EJ and Drew Doughty are the best skaters, passers in the bunch IMO. Myers and Bogosian are a little different, Weber is probably the best at the moment but he's also the oldest and more experienced.

Karlsson is like Green, although I think he'll ultimately have about 80-85% of the offence, 150% of the defence and more open-ice hitting. It'll still be his offensive numbers that will largely determine how much he's mentioned in Norris discussions.

I think his passing and most aspects of his offensive game are on par with Doughty and EJ. What makes them special is their frames, which allow them to pack on a tonne of strength and turn them into shut-down calibre defenders. Doughty and EJ also have a better defensive IQ than Karlsson does.

As they say: Any player with outstanding offensive IQ can also similar defensive IQ

55What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I think Kopitar is going to get shut down ala Malkin for a couple years before he adjusts to the rigors of the post-season...just look at how he's played since the quarter pole of the season (when things typically tighten considerably) and you can see that he isn't quite there yet. Great talent, long ways to go...

True, but he's also lost an integral part of his line to injury.

Also, he only has to get not-shut-down once Brayden Schenn is the team's second-line centre. Malkin only took one year, this gives Kopitar several. What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Icon_wink

56What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
asq2 wrote:

As they say: Any player with outstanding offensive IQ can also similar defensive IQ

I suppose. But Green's defensive performances are testament to the fact that it takes a while to develop if you don't have it already. I think Karlsson's better off defensively than Green first was, though.

57What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:EJ needs to re-prove himself IMO.

Have you checked his numbers recently? He's outscoring Milan Michalek.

Holy Dung. I didn't realize his pace was that hot. I take it back.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=5533&hubname=nhl-blues

58What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's next for the Kings? To make the playoffs, maybe win one round and then be deadly next season. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

59What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Question: Did Jack Johnson get his name on the Stanley Cup?

I read that the rule is if you play 41 games or one playoff game you get your name on it.. does that apply to players who played 41+ games with the tetam then were traded?

60What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very good question.

61What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I'd just like to know, not just for him, but anyone that played 41+ games with a team and gets traded before the team wins the cup.

62What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

I'm pretty sure that you have to still have a contract with the winning team to be eligible...

63What's Next for the Kings? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

where are Le Kid and asq2? Solid posters! Nod

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum