GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Kings?

+12
Riprock
LeCaptain
caissie_1
PKC
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
rooneypoo
asq2
PTFlea
davetherave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I'd just like to know, not just for him, but anyone that played 41+ games with a team and gets traded before the team wins the cup.

62What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

I'm pretty sure that you have to still have a contract with the winning team to be eligible...

63What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

where are Le Kid and asq2? Solid posters! Nod

64What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:where are Le Kid and asq2? Solid posters! Nod

I'd even be happy to see asq3 again. Sarcasm Seriously, though. You're absolutely right. They're both particularly plugged in with regards to prospects.

65What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am

Amnesia021 wrote:I'm pretty sure that you have to still have a contract with the winning team to be eligible...

No. What happens to players who move on after winning the cup then? There have been several instances where player are invited back to a ring ceremony if it doesn't conflict with the new teams schedule. Scuderi in Pittsburgh comes to mind immediately.

66What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 am

Big Ev wrote:where are Le Kid and asq2? Solid posters! Nod

asq2 unknown last login

Le Kid last logged in on April 30 at 16:39

67What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amnesia021 wrote:I'm pretty sure that you have to still have a contract with the winning team to be eligible...

It's got to be something like that. Players that are traded away at the deadline do not get a ring.

68What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

MAn, I want to find out for sure. Maybe I should just tweet J MF'N J

69What's Next for the Kings? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's Next for the Kings? Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:28 am

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:

No. What happens to players who move on after winning the cup then? There have been several instances where player are invited back to a ring ceremony if it doesn't conflict with the new teams schedule. Scuderi in Pittsburgh comes to mind immediately.

I'm not meaning that they have to have a contract with the team on the day the cup is engraved or rings are given out, I'm just saying they need to actually be on the team during the end of the season in order to be eligible AND have played either 41 games that season or 1 shift in the finals to be eligible. If they're on the team but don't meet the other requirements the team can still petition their addition a la Savard.

It's up to the team whether or not a traded player gets a championship ring, but, they aren't getting their name on the cup.

Its not like JmfJ is the first guy to get traded mid-season from the eventual cup champions. Blake Wheeler and Cam Barker come to mind...

The name i'm not sure of is Terry Murray. He coached the kings from 2008 till 12/12/11. If I remember right, he stuck with the Kings until the end of the season in their scouting dept. I think he's eligible to be on the cup...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum