GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next For Les Canadiens?

+16
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
PKC
beedub
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
Mariposa Belle
asq2
LeCaptain
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

151What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If the Habs have their 1st line with Cammalleri, Gomez and Gionta, where does that leave Kovalev? He's not going to want to play 3rd fiddle. I don't think Gainey will offer him another contract.

Is he insane to ice a line of 5'7", 5'9" nd 5'11? Gomez is the giant on that line. And Gill replacing Komisarek makes their defense weaker, while Price is still in goal. I could be wrong, but I think they are in for another disasterous season.

no contract for either Tanguay, Koivu or Kovalev, murmurings are Kovalev to LA, which will nix any involvement LA has for Heatley. I can't wait for the Habs to fall even flatter than last year.

152What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:36 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Leafs need Heatley. There. I said it. It's out now.

Edit: It appears I said it in the wrong thread. Facepalm

153What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The Leafs need Heatley. There. I said it. It's out now.

you are forgiven, and well, shoot that one down right away, he is not a Burkian type player, our pooch is royally screwed at this point. Facepalm

154What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't say he was Burkian, but his dealings with the Sens organization have certainly shown him in a different light. He may not have shown that stab-you-in-the-heart style ouot on the ice, but it's there.

Plus they need goals. Komisarek and Orr aren't going to score mre than 5 goals between the two of them.

155What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:52 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I didn't say he was Burkian, but his dealings with the Sens organization have certainly shown him in a different light. He may not have shown that stab-you-in-the-heart style ouot on the ice, but it's there.

Plus they need goals. Komisarek and Orr aren't going to score mre than 5 goals between the two of them.

true enough, you are right on that one, Blake isn't going to score that many goals, and he is a smallish player. I can just imagine how he would be received at scotiabank place in the blue and white of the Laughs, I hope Neil would pummel the crap out of him on the first face off. maybe they will sign Antropov back at the 5.5 he wants :^^^^:

156What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Habs look rather different right now:

Forward lines (projected)
Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Agostini
Stewart-Metropolit-Laraque
Pacioretty, Chipchura

D (presumed):
Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Gorges
Gill-Weber (?)
O'Byrne/Subban

G Price, Halak

Still a ways to go before training camp...but with the UFAs Gainey picked up, the Habs should have more hustle..and with Gill, some more muscle.

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

157What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

IMO they will be a playoff team.... But with that roster they will not win a Stanley cup.

158What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Weber is an awesome defensemen.

159What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:IMO they will be a playoff team.... But with that roster they will not win a Stanley cup.

I was completely wrong about them two years ago, partially right this year (took them longer to fall apart than I thought). They seem to be following the Sens pattern of the last three years, so if they continue that trajectory they miss the playoffs.

However they didn't fire their GM and buy out their goalie, instead they got rid of half the team. Who knows, maybe it works out for them, but I have a lot of doubt.

160What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Big T wrote:Weber is an awesome defenseman.

Agreed.

Gainey's already made them a better t-e-a-m...and the expectations will be adjusted realistically for next season.

Somewhat ironic, isn't it...when I went to the Bell Centre to see the Habs-Hawks game last season, I was struck by the presence of huge posters all over the side of the building and the entrance from the Metro...

Images of Kovalev, Komisarek, Koivu, Tanguay side by side with images of Canadiens legends.

Gone. Just like that.

161What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 am

lol, plek is taking the team to arbitration, azif!

The madness continues in Montreal, please if there is a god sign kovy.

Ahhhhh!

162What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3

163What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:52 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Laughing3

It's only the wrong thread if you think that Heatley will be good for them.
Personally, I'd love to see Heatley mentor their rookies and young-uns. It'd ensure long-term success of everyone else in the NorthEast.

164What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently some fans rallied outside Le Centre Bell protesting for the organization to re-sign Kovalev, . :^^^: Things are going to get ugly

165What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Apparently some fans rallied outside Le Centre Bell protesting for the organization to re-sign Kovalev, . :^^^: Things are going to get ugly

I see him heading to LA or something like that, definitely not Montreal. Koviu is the 1 out of those 3 you want to keep.

166What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well the fans don't seem to think so.... just goes to show you how messed up things are.

167What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Well the fans don't seem to think so.... just goes to show you how messed up things are.

Toronto looks like the only canadian team in the northeast without any drama going on, Burke must be loving this. Facepalm

168What's Next For Les Canadiens? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Next For Les Canadiens? Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Laughing3

It's only the wrong thread if you think that Heatley will be good for them.
Personally, I'd love to see Heatley mentor their rookies and young-uns. It'd ensure long-term success of everyone else in the NorthEast.

I'd love to see Heatley go to the Leafs if only to have a good chuckle over Burke's back-pedaling over his initial statements. Oh, and to see Neil lining him up 6 times a year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum