GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadiens sign Moen

+6
PKC
dennycrane
Acrobat
caissie_1
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Canadiens sign Moen Empty Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:48 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

According to TSN's Sortable free agent tracker, Travis Moen was just signed to a 3 year contract by the Montreal Canadiens... Details will follow.

2Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit, there was a rumour of this, but I thought TO would get him - or he'd go to the West.

This is a great signing, makes the little Habs a little tougher to play. Boo.

3Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:53 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Dammit, there was a rumour of this, but I thought TO would get him - or he'd go to the West.

This is a great signing, makes the little Habs a little tougher to play. Boo.

In looking for more details I'm finding quite a few rumours of him to the Leafs... I'm happy they didn't get him. I'd be happier if he stayed in the West though. He's a solid grinding forward, definitely adds some grit to the Habs.

4Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Definetly a good signing... The Habs are getting somme decent players...

5Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldn't have minded seeing him on Ottawa - would have provided a bit of an example for the kids coming up, then could have been sent out after this year for picks if no longer needed.

6Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just no room for him here though. TO missed the boat BIG TIME IMO. Yeah, let's sign useless Orr instead of a real player.

7Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Moen sucks, still and again, i don't know why they did that ....

8Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Moen sucks, still and again, i don't know why they did that ....

Really? He's great Howie, you'll love him. Tough as they come, drives the net like crazy. I don't like it as a Sens fan, so you should love it. :^^^^:

9Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Finally a deal where I think Gainey made a good move. 1.5 million per season isn't too bad, but he didn't underpay.

10Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Finally a deal where I think Gainey made a good move. 1.5 million per season isn't too bad, but he didn't underpay.

Really? You think this is a good deal? 3 years at 1.5 per for a fourth line checker? Did they have no one in the minors to play that role for less than half that money?

11Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

this is a good move by Gainey because he just put a more physical presence on his team, which he needs to protect the smaller talented guys, Gionta, Cammalleir, and Gomez.

12Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Moen will help in the post-season. Maybe I should rephrase that to say "would help". In the regular season he is just a 4th line checker, but in 2007 he scored the Cup winning goal 🇬🇬 .

He's signed for 3 years, though, so he has a chance to help out in the post-season.

Also, how can he help protect the top-line guys playing on the 4th line? No, they got Gill and Mara for that.

13Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 am

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Moen will help in the post-season. Maybe I should rephrase that to say "would help". In the regular season he is just a 4th line checker, but in 2007 he scored the Cup winning goal 🇬🇬 .

He's signed for 3 years, though, so he has a chance to help out in the post-season.

Also, how can he help protect the top-line guys playing on the 4th line? No, they got Gill and Mara for that.

I agree that Moen will help in the post-season. If things are not going well during the season, Moen is a very tradeable commodity at trade deadline.

14Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:19 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Moen will help in the post-season. Maybe I should rephrase that to say "would help". In the regular season he is just a 4th line checker, but in 2007 he scored the Cup winning goal 🇬🇬 .

perhaps the presence of him being there may be enough to protect the Smurfs, however, I figured that was Laracque was for, boy that didn't work out well.

15Canadiens sign Moen Empty Re: Canadiens sign Moen Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Laraque always reminds me of a smaller Andre the Giant, but without the humor. He really is not much of a hockey player, and in the current NHL is definitely more of a detractor. Gainey should ave tried moving him when he said he wanted to be moved last season. Except, probably, there were no takers. And now he is one of 4 francophones on the team, so trading him would definitely not be politically correct in that climate.

Gainey got 7 new players; surely he could have gotten *one* that spoke French? I'm sure Briere could have been had from the Flyers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum