GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Senators at Maple Leafs, Saturday, April 11, 2009, 700 pm ET

+10
The Silfer Server
caissie_1
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
davetherave
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:Brutal effort.

Sens are 4-5-1 in the last ten games of the year.

What turnaround?

They have the best record in the league after their coaching change. That's a considerable turnaround if you ask me, given how many teams have had coaching changes this season.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

They have the best record in the league after their coaching change. That's a considerable turnaround if you ask me, given how many teams have had coaching changes this season.

This was a rhetorical question on my part, but seeing as you choose to question the question...

You have the comparative statistics that show this 'best record'?

And you consider playing the last ten games of the season under .500, supporting evidence of a turnaround?

:KJK:

davetherave wrote:
PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

This was a rhetorical question on my part, but seeing as you choose to question the question...

And you consider playing the last ten games of the season under .500, supporting evidence of a turnaround?

Actually Pittsburg record is much better than ours.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What about Carolina's? They threw up some stats last night showing the records since coaching changes for the teams and Carolina's was pretty damn impressive.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blazer wrote:
davetherave wrote:
PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

Actually Pittsburg record is much better than ours.

Excluding last night, Pittsburgh's record since February was 2 points bette than us, and they had a much better team to start. Well, "better" as reflected in the standings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

Those 10 games included the 2-3 game funk they went in after they were eliminated.

In the last few weeks they beat the Rangers, Flyers, Habs and Bruins. It may be a work in progress, but you can't deny there's progress.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prags, progress, yes...but 4-5-1 and a listless loss to the Leafs are not a great way to finish their season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still say, take 2 of those losses out (after they got eliminated), and last night against the Leafs they were playing to get Heatley 40. It was a nothing game. Not in front of their home crowd; nothing tangible on the line; no sense building up any hate because both teams will be different next year. Considering they were without Alfie I'm happy they at least made a come back after the refs gave the Leafs a 2-0 lead.

I'm only a little upset for Elliott, but he'll live.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I still say, take 2 of those losses out (after they got eliminated), and last night against the Leafs they were playing to get Heatley 40. It was a nothing game. Not in front of their home crowd; nothing tangible on the line; no sense building up any hate because both teams will be different next year. Considering they were without Alfie I'm happy they at least made a come back after the refs gave the Leafs a 2-0 lead.

I'm only a little upset for Elliott, but he'll live.

'It was a nothing game'...you couldn't have said it better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't get me wrong, I still wanted them to win and I'm not happy they lost, but I don't think this game or their record in the last 10 should negate the strides made since February.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Don't get me wrong, I still wanted them to win and I'm not happy they lost, but I don't think this game or their record in the last 10 should negate the strides made since February.

Prags...we both know our hockey...so let's be honest.

Clouston made this team look respectable.

Team 1200's Mike Eastwood, who knows first hand all about good and bad teams, was appropriately measured in his assessment after Saturday's loss. As people called in to talk about how good they felt about 'next year', Eastwood reminded them, in his words based on unforgiving experience: "Well, the fact is the Sens best players weren't their best players this year. And the romance is over for Clouston. In the NHL, you're only as good as your last game."

I think, being the perceptive individual you are, you would agree that the 'strides since February' are academic now. The season is done.

No explanations or excuses are necessary.

Next year is a clean slate.

Hopefully, the Senators approach next year with the work ethic necessary to make every game meaningful.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well I like the clean slate analogy. It might even work with 6 months in-between. The Habs will find out, just like the Sens did last year, that it's really not a clean slate going from the regular season to the post-season. In the case of the Sens (and the Leafs, and the Panthers, to some extent) next season is a clean slate. Everyone will start off tied for first an last. Let's hope the "best" players realize just how lucky they are, in these days of economic uncertainty, that they can screw the pooch on the job and still have a substantial pyacheck waiting for them next Friday.

I dunno, sometimes I wish more players did what Avery did in the off-season, and get a real job (yeah, what Avery did was not really all that real, but still). I remember once reading about Andy Kaufman how we waited on tables in his free time, even while Taxi was one of the highest rated sitcoms on TV. He wanted to stay connected to the "real world" and never take his fame too much for granted.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:I still can't believe the hate that Spezza get on the post game show or at HFBoards, because he costed us 1 goal (which BTW was in the leafs zone) in 30 games. Nobody cares about the more than a PPG since CLouston came in, the better defensive game, the more effort, the more mature play on and off the ice, the penalty killing and the fact that he has only 7 goals less than Dany Heatley who is supposed to be the goal scorer, and who, tonight, was waiting like a goof on the Leafs bluline instead of going back to defend, and who refused to get off the ice because he wanted that f****g 40th.

Heatley hardest effort came in game number 82 when he was looking to boost personal stats...Brutal!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum