GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Senators at Maple Leafs, Saturday, April 11, 2009, 700 pm ET

+10
The Silfer Server
caissie_1
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
davetherave
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brutal effort.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Well, they didnt try to win that game, they just tried to give that dumbass the 40th goal, and that costed me a -3 for Kuba and maybe the 1st place in the pool Facepalm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I think the horrible refereeing in the first didn't help matters.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Brutal effort.

Sens are 4-5-1 in the last ten games of the year.

What turnaround?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

Well, they still played pretty good with a few games in 2 days.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hmmm.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

On the plus side, I liked Chris Kelly's game tonight.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If they didn't try to feed the puck to Heatley all night they could have won that game. Hesitation killed the team tonight.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone got a shot of Karlsson and Alfredsson sitting side by side?

Good shot of the past, present and future right there.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I still can't believe the hate that Spezza get on the post game show or at HFBoards, because he costed us 1 goal (which BTW was in the leafs zone) in 30 games. Nobody cares about the more than a PPG since CLouston came in, the better defensive game, the more effort, the more mature play on and off the ice, the penalty killing and the fact that he has only 7 goals less than Dany Heatley who is supposed to be the goal scorer, and who, tonight, was waiting like a goof on the Leafs bluline instead of going back to defend, and who refused to get off the ice because he wanted that f****g 40th.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I still can't believe the hate that Spezza get on the post game show or at HFBoards, because he costed us 1 goal (which BTW was in the leafs zone) in 30 games. Nobody cares about the more than a PPG since CLouston came in, the better defensive game, the more effort, the more mature play on and off the ice, the penalty killing and the fact that he has only 7 goals less than Dany Heatley who is supposed to be the goal scorer, and who, tonight, was waiting like a goof on the Leafs bluline instead of going back to defend, and who refused to get off the ice because he wanted that f****g 40th.

We're dedicated to our whipping boys. As soon as Redden left, we pretty much just all decided that Spezza was now going to get the blame for anything going awry.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That said, I do wish Spezza would move his feet more and try to win back his turn-overs. He has in the past, it just needs to happen with frequency.

BTW, classy ovation from the ACC for Kilrea tonight.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:If they didn't try to feed the puck to Heatley all night they could have won that game. Hesitation killed the team tonight.
Yeah, it did seem like they were trying too hard to get Heatley the puck and he just kept whiffing or missing.

For all the good that Clouston did... this game for some reason really soured it for me.

But I'll get over it.

Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just 185 days to go. Give or take.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:I still can't believe the hate that Spezza get on the post game show or at HFBoards, because he costed us 1 goal (which BTW was in the leafs zone) in 30 games. Nobody cares about the more than a PPG since CLouston came in, the better defensive game, the more effort, the more mature play on and off the ice, the penalty killing and the fact that he has only 7 goals less than Dany Heatley who is supposed to be the goal scorer, and who, tonight, was waiting like a goof on the Leafs bluline instead of going back to defend, and who refused to get off the ice because he wanted that f****g 40th.

I agree regarding Spezza, but it is entirely possible that the whole *team* wanted to give Dany his 40th. This was an (almost) nothing game. It wasn't in front of the home time fans, there was no implications regarding standings or draft position. If nothing else, a loss ensure that Toronto didn't get in the top-five. And when we face this team again, it will be very different from the team we faced last night (to say nothing of the changes coming our way)

So I'm willing to give them (and Heatley) a mulligan.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

They have the best record in the league after their coaching change. That's a considerable turnaround if you ask me, given how many teams have had coaching changes this season.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

They have the best record in the league after their coaching change. That's a considerable turnaround if you ask me, given how many teams have had coaching changes this season.

This was a rhetorical question on my part, but seeing as you choose to question the question...

You have the comparative statistics that show this 'best record'?

And you consider playing the last ten games of the season under .500, supporting evidence of a turnaround?

:KJK:

davetherave wrote:
PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What turnaround?

This was a rhetorical question on my part, but seeing as you choose to question the question...

You have the comparative statistics that show this 'best record'?

And you consider playing the last ten games of the season under .500, supporting evidence of a turnaround?

:KJK:

Actually Pittsburg record is much better than ours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum