GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins, Thursday April 9, 2009, 700 pm ET

+12
wprager
SensGirl11
beedub
LeCaptain
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cronie
caissie_1
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, Schneider's a great player.

The kind of guy the Sens need to sign for 1 year, veteran, good player, point producer, not a liability.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Habs can put up this kind of fght for one game, but do they have the size to make it last over 7? And players like Kucic need to *not* get 2+5+10 type of penalties. That's almost a full period that he was in the box. Do it later in the game, when you're up a couple.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I suspect that game sucked all the life out of the Habs. If they meet the B's in the first round... it will be quick.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I agree Shabbs. Especially with the goal tending still being suspect. I think if they meet the Bruins in the first round that it will be short and sweet just like our meeting with the Pens last year.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ElliottRules wrote:I agree Shabbs. Especially with the goal tending still being suspect. I think if they meet the Bruins in the first round that it will be short and sweet just like our meeting with the Pens last year.

Whether the Canadiens meet the Bruins or the Capitals, their regular season records against those teams are similar.

Versus the Bruins, one win in six games, and that win came in a shootout.

In the meetings with the Capitals, one win, three losses, including a shootout loss.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any combination of the Rangers picking up the same or more points than the Habs in the last game will result in a Boston-Habs first round match-up.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:I agree Shabbs. Especially with the goal tending still being suspect. I think if they meet the Bruins in the first round that it will be short and sweet just like our meeting with the Pens last year.

Whether the Canadiens meet the Bruins or the Capitals, their regular season records against those teams are similar.

Versus the Bruins, one win in six games, and that win came in a shootout.

In the meetings with the Capitals, one win, three losses, including a shootout loss.

I don't know who is gonna stop Washington's first line on that MTL'def either. No Markov, struggling Komisarek, No Bouillon, injured Schneider, inconsistant goaltending...
Then you have Semin on the 2nd line Facepalm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Oddly enough, based on watching the Bruins and Habs play over the years--and the literally wall-2-wall brawl last night--IMHO the Canadiens would actually prefer to play Boston.

Hate has a way of raising the level of hockey play.

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

I'll say Bruins in 6...but with Gainey, you just never know...he still remembers every bruise. And he's a MUCH better coach than Carbo was.

Should be a hockey war well worth watching.

:##: :##: :##: :##:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Thomas plays the way he did last night it might go 6. I just watched the game from a Canadiens Express recording and, man, was not good goaltending.

On the other hand, I love it that my favorite player on the Habs gets to give the puck away with a dipsy-doodle at his own blue line that leads to the winning goal.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If Thomas plays the way he did last night it might go 6. I just watched the game from a Canadiens Express recording and, man, was not good goaltending.

On the other hand, I love it that my favorite player on the Habs gets to give the puck away with a dipsy-doodle at his own blue line that leads to the winning goal.

Who's your fave Hab again?

BTW you remember when Uncle Claude did the hardhat and lunchpail thing last year, giving out 'the hardhat award' to the game's deserving player?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My "fave" Hab? That would be "Maxine Lapierre. Can't stand that guy, or did I not mentioned it 4-5 times in another thread? Smile

He had the puck coming out of his zone, all he had to do was pass it up the wing. Instead he tried to deke to the inside and got denied by -- of all people -- Bergeron. Stopped him dead in his tracks, then it was a 2-on-1 from the blue line in for the winning goal.

I don't know/remember Julien's hard-hat and lunchpail thing. Was that with the Bruins, Habs or Devils? I don't think that on Thursday night he would have been very happy with his troupe's performance. They got away from playing hockey and concentrated too much on trying to be goons (well, the Habs did more than their own fair-share of that, but the Brunis could have just killed them on the PP). I suppose that was partially a "message" for a potential 1st round match-up, but it was not an entirely successful message. If anything, the Habs now think they can come back from being down 3-1, and that they can get under Lucic's skin and chase him from a game with a simple elbow.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:My "fave" Hab? That would be "Maxine Lapierre. Can't stand that guy, or did I not mentioned it 4-5 times in another thread? Smile

He had the puck coming out of his zone, all he had to do was pass it up the wing. Instead he tried to deke to the inside and got denied by -- of all people -- Bergeron. Stopped him dead in his tracks, then it was a 2-on-1 from the blue line in for the winning goal.

I don't know/remember Julien's hard-hat and lunchpail thing. Was that with the Bruins, Habs or Devils? I don't think that on Thursday night he would have been very happy with his troupe's performance. They got away from playing hockey and concentrated too much on trying to be goons (well, the Habs did more than their own fair-share of that, but the Brunis could have just killed them on the PP). I suppose that was partially a "message" for a potential 1st round match-up, but it was not an entirely successful message. If anything, the Habs now think they can come back from being down 3-1, and that they can get under Lucic's skin and chase him from a game with a simple elbow.

Julien came out with the hardhat thing last year...

Milan may have to temper his temper if the B's want to bounce the BleuBlancRouge...that is, assuming these foes resume their romance on Wednesday LOL...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum