GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins, Thursday April 9, 2009, 700 pm ET

+12
wprager
SensGirl11
beedub
LeCaptain
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cronie
caissie_1
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

"Good possibility" Schneider will play

Pat Hickey, The Gazette
Thursday, April 09, 2009

Montreal Canadiens' coach Bob Gainey says there is a "good possibility" that defenceman Mathieu Schneider will be in the lineup Thursday when the Canadiens face the Boston Bruins in a game that has playoff consequences for Montreal.

Schneider, who has missed the past two games with a shoulder injury, made a surprise appearance at the Thursday morning skate and, while there was no velocity on his shots, he was skating well and was able to pass the puck.

Gainey said the Canadiens would dress seven defencemen with newcomer Yannick Weber probably seeing action on the power play and as a spot forward. Mathieu
Dandenault will probably move to defence with Ryan O'Byrne as a healthy scratch.

Carey Price will start in goal.

Montreal can clinch a playoff berth Thursday if they earn one point in Boston.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

And now for something completely different... cool)

I was partial to Goofy in "Hockey Homicide".

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:"Good possibility" Schneider will play

Pat Hickey, The Gazette
Thursday, April 09, 2009

Montreal Canadiens' coach Bob Gainey says there is a "good possibility" that defenceman Mathieu Schneider will be in the lineup Thursday when the Canadiens face the Boston Bruins in a game that has playoff consequences for Montreal.

Schneider, who has missed the past two games with a shoulder injury, made a surprise appearance at the Thursday morning skate and, while there was no velocity on his shots, he was skating well and was able to pass the puck.

Gainey said the Canadiens would dress seven defencemen with newcomer Yannick Weber probably seeing action on the power play and as a spot forward. Mathieu
Dandenault will probably move to defence with Ryan O'Byrne as a healthy scratch.

Carey Price will start in goal.

Montreal can clinch a playoff berth Thursday if they earn one point in Boston.

1. What's the point of him playing if he isn't able to shoot the puck?

2. I don't think this will happen for them either.

It will go down to the last game of the year to see if they make it or not. OR If Florida loses another game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's cool that Schneider knows what's at stake and is gonna try to help them into a playoff spot, but this is the Boston Bruins, they are big, big dudes. If I were them I wouldn't alter a thing - except smoke his shoulder at every chance - even on the PP.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronie wrote:didn't your post above mine mention something about Fan Appreciation at the Scank?

The negative Fan Appreciation comments are in another thread; I only said the Fan Appreciation Night game may be more exciting than the Boston Montreal game (and since it's the Devils, which are usually a boring game, that's saying something).

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:It's cool that Schneider knows what's at stake and is gonna try to help them into a playoff spot, but this is the Boston Bruins, they are big, big dudes. If I were them I wouldn't alter a thing - except smoke his shoulder at every chance - even on the PP.

Oh Yeah! By all means, PLAY!! Really bad idea, but if he wants to get even more hurt, more power to him.

We all know how angry those bears will be tonight, so he's playing russian roulette with his career if he plays tonight.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

They're playing in Boston tonight too. Good luck Habs!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:It's cool that Schneider knows what's at stake and is gonna try to help them into a playoff spot, but this is the Boston Bruins, they are big, big dudes. If I were them I wouldn't alter a thing - except smoke his shoulder at every chance - even on the PP.

I am sure Julien is going to tell his big hitters to play the body on Schneider every chance they get, clean hits of course, but Lucic hitting you or Chara hitting with an already damaged shoulder, wow, that is dumb, dumb, dumb, but then again, it is the habs.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Guys, we're really missing something here- Florida HAS to win tonight. In fact, they have to win BOTH of their next two games, and Montreal has to get zero points in both of their games...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

And now for something completely different... cool)

I was partial to Goofy in "Hockey Homicide".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Guys, we're really missing something here- Florida HAS to win tonight. In fact, they have to win BOTH of their next two games, and Montreal has to get zero points in both of their games...

Yeah, the odds of Montreal losing their playoff position are pretty low. Their good I think, Florida doesn't have what it takes IMO. They just can't get to the 8.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Boston bags the first one in the final minutes of the first...tictacgoal by Bergeron on some sweet passing in a four man attack...and Habs take a penalty as well in a scrum after the score...not a good start for them...and another penalty taken by the Habs...

Scared

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalev just scored one of his trademark wrist shot goals...all even now at one...and Kessel comes back and puts a bullet past Price...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Z-Man just launched a PP cruise missile that blew past Price.
3-1.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Gettin wild in Boston...the penalty boxes are bursting...

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Gettin wild in Boston...the penalty boxes are bursting...
A lot of anger on the ice tonight .It looks like montreal is collapsing big time.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

top shelf15 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Gettin wild in Boston...the penalty boxes are bursting...
A lot of anger on the ice tonight .It looks like montreal is collapsing big time.

Not exactly collapsing...3-2 now for the Bs...but this is one muddafugga of a game...

Lucic just came out of the box and took Komisarek down with a flying tackle.

They can't fit the players in the penalty box...jeezuz... :fight: :fight: :fight:

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And the Habs score their third power play goal to make it 3-3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum