GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins, Thursday April 9, 2009, 700 pm ET

+12
wprager
SensGirl11
beedub
LeCaptain
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cronie
caissie_1
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

3-2 Habs over the Bruins, perhaps in OT. Is Price back from the flu?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Evidently, Schneider may be back despite an injury. Might be a PP only engagement.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder if Schneider, with his VERY public injury, is going to be 'picked' on or rather if some B's players may pay more attention to him?

Now, granted, if he's only iced for the PP, he has next to nothing to fear, but with the standings being this tight, and the Habs fighting for their playoff lives, let's face it, players have been known to buckle-down and go that EXTRA mile to ensure a win.

Either way, Gainey is taking one hell of a gamble (imho) by putting Price back in. I'm sure there's a reverse psychology thing going on as well as an All-In mentality coupled within as well. If it pays off, Gainey's a genius; however should Price find himself still trying to acquire his confidence and get lit up, who will the fans and pundits pin this potential loss on? Gainey or Price?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I personally don't think the Habs will take this one. The B's won't lose 2 in a row this late in the season. If they do, I'll start to wonder about their chances of making it deep in the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was sitting in a document review this morning and as the discussion veered off on some tangent, I slipped my hand into my pocket to see how much change I had (my thoughts wondered to the cafeteria and what kinds of cookies they might have today). I pulled out a loonie, and it just happened to be one of those Habs Centennial ones.

What was odd is that the loonie, even though it was minted in 2009, looked old an worn out.

It's ironic how the shine has worn off a season so full of hope just a few short months ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It would be a monumental upset if the Habs win. It may be a Game of the Night because people expect fireworks, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they just might roll over and die. This game just might be less interesting than the Fan Appreciation Night at the Scank.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did I miss something? Why is everyone so bent-out-of-shape over the The Bank's Fan Appreciation thing?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

didn't your post above mine mention something about Fan Appreciation at the Scank?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And now for something completely different... cool)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

...and from Montreal's CJAD News:

Cops ready whether Habs win or lose

Thu, 2009-04-09 11:08.
Jason Mayoff

Win or lose, Montreal police are ready for whatever happens with the Montreal Canadiens and the playoffs.

Police have reportedly been preparing for the situation, whether or not the Habs make the playoffs.

The elimination of the Boston Bruins by the Canadiens a year ago prompted a violent riot, with stores sacked, merchandise stolen and nine cop cars torched.

They say there'll be increased surveillance at this Saturday's game at the Bell Centre, the final one of the regular season.

Surveillance cameras around the Bell Centre should be working as well.

http://www.cjad.com/news/565/908630

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG. Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO BRUINS GO!!! CRUSH THOSE HABS!!!! CRUSH 'EM!!!!!!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Habs won't win this game unless Boston decide to rest Chara, Savard, Wheeler, Kessel, Krejci and Lucic Laughing3

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:...and from Montreal's CJAD News:

Cops ready whether Habs win or lose

Thu, 2009-04-09 11:08.
Jason Mayoff

Win or lose, Montreal police are ready for whatever happens with the Montreal Canadiens and the playoffs.

Police have reportedly been preparing for the situation, whether or not the Habs make the playoffs.

The elimination of the Boston Bruins by the Canadiens a year ago prompted a violent riot, with stores sacked, merchandise stolen and nine cop cars torched.

They say there'll be increased surveillance at this Saturday's game at the Bell Centre, the final one of the regular season.

Surveillance cameras around the Bell Centre should be working as well.

[url=http://www.cjad.com/news/565/908630
http://www.cjad.com/news/565/908630[/quote[/url]]

Those who know me here are aware of where I stand in terms of my love for all things hockey. So, I don't bash for the sake of bashing...

but seriously, when exactly did such a respected team acquire a bunch of f**kin' neanderthals as fans?!?! Now, granted all teams fanbases have some few who sadly tarnish the others; but I'm pretty SURE no other city has EVER had to put their EMT's or Riot Squads on stand-by because their team was eliminated from post-season play... by the teams OWN doing I might add...

Truly and utterly pathetic and disgusting in my view...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

"Good possibility" Schneider will play

Pat Hickey, The Gazette
Thursday, April 09, 2009

Montreal Canadiens' coach Bob Gainey says there is a "good possibility" that defenceman Mathieu Schneider will be in the lineup Thursday when the Canadiens face the Boston Bruins in a game that has playoff consequences for Montreal.

Schneider, who has missed the past two games with a shoulder injury, made a surprise appearance at the Thursday morning skate and, while there was no velocity on his shots, he was skating well and was able to pass the puck.

Gainey said the Canadiens would dress seven defencemen with newcomer Yannick Weber probably seeing action on the power play and as a spot forward. Mathieu
Dandenault will probably move to defence with Ryan O'Byrne as a healthy scratch.

Carey Price will start in goal.

Montreal can clinch a playoff berth Thursday if they earn one point in Boston.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

And now for something completely different... cool)

I was partial to Goofy in "Hockey Homicide".

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:"Good possibility" Schneider will play

Pat Hickey, The Gazette
Thursday, April 09, 2009

Montreal Canadiens' coach Bob Gainey says there is a "good possibility" that defenceman Mathieu Schneider will be in the lineup Thursday when the Canadiens face the Boston Bruins in a game that has playoff consequences for Montreal.

Schneider, who has missed the past two games with a shoulder injury, made a surprise appearance at the Thursday morning skate and, while there was no velocity on his shots, he was skating well and was able to pass the puck.

Gainey said the Canadiens would dress seven defencemen with newcomer Yannick Weber probably seeing action on the power play and as a spot forward. Mathieu
Dandenault will probably move to defence with Ryan O'Byrne as a healthy scratch.

Carey Price will start in goal.

Montreal can clinch a playoff berth Thursday if they earn one point in Boston.

1. What's the point of him playing if he isn't able to shoot the puck?

2. I don't think this will happen for them either.

It will go down to the last game of the year to see if they make it or not. OR If Florida loses another game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum