GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sun. March 22nd, 2009

+17
Sp00nz
Mariposa Belle
LeCaptain
Acrobat
dennycrane
613senators
Hayden
wprager
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
PTFlea
sennies1980
beerandsens
PKC
shabbs
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
dennycrane wrote:The Sens only have one game in the next four nights (at Carolina). Sadly, they'll be 9 or 10 back by then. Still, they have gone further than I thought they could. The team has to finish this road trip with 10 of 12. Good start tonight. The Sens weren't great, but they were good enough.

Hey, do you have William Shatner's 'psychedelic album'...the one where he sings "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"?

What I like about Clouston is that he doesn't care what people thinks he can and can't do.

His team seems to be getting that attitude from him.

I do have "The Transformed Man". The version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamond is great, but Mr. Tambourine Man is better.

And nothing beats William Shatner's version of Rocket Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQwXOCKNLY.

Shatner turns 78 today.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:
dennycrane wrote:The Sens only have one game in the next four nights (at Carolina). Sadly, they'll be 9 or 10 back by then. Still, they have gone further than I thought they could. The team has to finish this road trip with 10 of 12. Good start tonight. The Sens weren't great, but they were good enough.

The best teams are those who win by being "good enough" when they aren't at their best.

Even though the Rags aren't an elite team, I am encouraged by this change.

I wholeheartedly agree. The best teams find ways to win when they are not firing on all cylinders.

The game March 31st against Florida could be the most exciting game we've seen in a long time in terms of playoff implications.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Hey, do you have William Shatner's 'psychedelic album'...the one where he sings "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"?

What I like about Clouston is that he doesn't care what people thinks he can and can't do.

I do have "The Transformed Man". The version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamond is great, but Mr. Tambourine Man is better.

And nothing beats William Shatner's version of Rocket Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQwXOCKNLY.

Shatner turns 78 today.

INCREDIBLY cool...proof that you never get old...unless you give up hope.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:It will be a privilege should I attain this lofty goal 8)

I'd say it's not too far off. Your PPD rate is second only to 504Heater's. Cheering

Isn't SF71 right up there too? When I check the site quickly in the morning it's not unusual for him to have the last post in 8-10 threads. :^^^:

Not even half of DTO's. 8)

Hey, thanks gang...for inviting me to be part of the BEST HOCKEY FORUM ON THE WEB.
:KKK:

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Damn... Im in Tank Nation, but this playoff push is tempting like the Devil :$$:

Mariposa Belle

Mariposa Belle
Prospect
Prospect

Another win (yawn)

This team with Nails as a coach has become so predictable. It's tough to have a discussion/rant/rave/fight/war on what the Senators should do when the start running the table.

Thankfully, there is always Groundhog as GM to discuss.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Is it inconceivable that the Senators could win their next 4 games against Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Florida?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

April 6. at Bell Center is potentially the biggest game of the year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
It will be a privilege should I attain this lofty goal 8)

I'm genuinely surprised that you're not in there yet. Smile Soon enough.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I do have "The Transformed Man". The version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamond is great, but Mr. Tambourine Man is better.

Shatner turns 78 today.

Indeed you do, I can attest to that. It's hilarious...and terrible - mixed with diarrhoea. Scared

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Damn... Im in Tank Nation, but this playoff push is tempting like the Devil :$$:

Laughing3 That devil smiley is wicked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't believe we won that game. Don't really know what else to say, no one really played great, but everyone was on board. It was boring as Dung, but it worked.

Gives us a chance...not a great one, but a mother-diddling chance. Ahhhhh! :$$:

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:April 6. at Bell Center is potentially the biggest game of the year.

That's a solid point.

If the Sens go on a drive for the playoffs, Montreal is in the way and they're desperate for Wins.

Im excited already.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

[ Worf's voice] Sings??! [ /Worf's voice ]

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

[ Worf's voice] Sings??! [ /Worf's voice ]

Sings...that is, according to Shatner's definition of 'sings'. :afro:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The first period was a yawn fest but parts of the second and most of the third got pretty exciting with scoring chances on both ends. Auld came up big on a number chances after his huge gaff behind the net as well. Isn't it nice to see the Sens win when the big 3 aren't scoring?

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh, it's better than nice.

It's a treat! Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I find Wade Redden's antics amusing.