GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. March 21st, 2009

+11
PTFlea
Hayden
sennies1980
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Sp00nz
asq2
SensFan71
LeCaptain
davetherave
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I'm starting to like this team. I hope they're not throwing out an effort since Clouston that will wither over time - that's pretty much the only fear I have remaining. This needs to be the kind of effort that happens for the rest of this year, next season and beyond.

Foligno had one of his best nights ever. He's just oozing confidence right now, he's put it all together and he's starting to realize that he can hang onto the puck for a second longer while a different play fully develops. It's really exciting - I maintain that he can be a Ryan Clowe type player - and it's nice to see him putting it together. He has to continue though, when he has some bad nights, he has to put them behind him and keep going.

Shannon is just diddling a great little hockey player. So much skill intercepting passes at will, making quick decisions, quick, accurate passes, nice little wrister. Fisher with them is bringing out the Fisher we all wanted to see. A little grit, a little offence, a little D all mixed into one - and speed. Shannon add such an amazing element of speed that we were sorely missing.

When Alfredsson is healthy, he's gotta be damn near the top 5 forwards in the game. Damn this guy is ridiculous. He had to have been hurt at the beginning of the year more severely than we thought - and if he's healthy, we're in a playoff spot.

Dammit Cloustin, I love you. If you can keep this team going like this, you really will be the best coach (not to mention the guy) we've all waited for. Kudos, gotta keep it up, but good work man.

...or it could just be that we played the worst team in the league... 8)

8-2 in last 10 games man :afro:

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:8-2 in last 10 games man :afro:

Very true. 8)

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Like I said on the other topic, If Buffalo, Florida and MTL play 0.500 hockey, the last spot will be at 91 points. Means the Sens need 19 points out of 22.

Here's the schedule:

Rangers
Canes
Thrashers
Lightning
Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Habs
Bruins
Devils
Leafs

We won't beat the Devils and will probably lose one of the two Bruins games.
That 10th-14th pick is gonna be ugly :!:

Time to watch some Glennie or some KAssian :study:

One guy I like from that spot is Jacob Josefson.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:Like I said on the other topic, If Buffalo, Florida and MTL play 0.500 hockey, the last spot will be at 91 points. Means the Sens need 19 points out of 22.

Here's the schedule:

Rangers
Canes
Thrashers
Lightning
Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Habs
Bruins
Devils
Leafs

We won't beat the Devils and will probably lose one of the two Bruins games.
That 10th-14th pick is gonna be ugly :!:

Time to watch some Glennie or some KAssian :study:

One guy I like from that spot is Jacob Josefson.

Time for me to do some homework then. Although I know Murray will take Glennie or Kassian before him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not crazy about Kassian. I'd take Josefson before him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I'm not crazy about Kassian. I'd take Josefson before him.

Big strong Canadian, that's the old man's order^^.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:I'm not crazy about Kassian. I'd take Josefson before him.

Big strong Canadian, that's the old man's order^^.

Chris Neil's a big strong Canadian, doesn't mean he's more important to a team's success than Alfredsson.

Obviously I'm exaggerating the situation. A bit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Change Chris Neil to Getzlaf and I'll agree :^^^^:

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Well, my 79-year old mother's first visit to SBP tonight was a memorable one. Bryan Murray delivered on his pre-game promise as he rode up in the elevator with us to the 200 level.

"It's going to be a good game," he said.

My mom wore her Sens Army t-shirt autographed by Anton Volchenkov, and she maintained that the Sens should score at least five goals because, she said, the Isles would not roll over even after Ottawa went up 4-zip.

My mom knows her hockey.

She also had many good things to say about Nick and Alfie, as well as Cory Clouston.

And she wasn't fussed that there was no free pizza.

So, thank you, Senators.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I hope Murray is smart enough not to fall in love with this late-season surge. I feel the players deserve credit for better play, but there is no pressure on the team right now. Look no further than Atlanta (without Kovalchuk), Toronto (with Gerber), and the Island to see how playing loose can make a difference.

I still think there will be a few significant names going out the door before next season.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Change Chris Neil to Getzlaf and I'll agree :^^^^:

Obviously Josefson is not Alfredsson, but Kassian's not Getzlaf.

I'm just not a fan. People get caught up in the big hits, but I don't think he does as much as Josefson to help you win a game.

Josefson's no stranger to the rough stuff, either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

I'm just not a fan. People get caught up in the big hits, but I don't think he does as much as Josefson to help you win a game.

What's the book on this Josefson guy? What makes you like him?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

What's the book on this Josefson guy? What makes you like him?

I think he's pretty unheralded. He's definitely one of the most complete forwards in the draft in terms of offence, defence and physicality.

A Detroit Red Wings type of player.

Being a closet Wings fan, I don't think you can ever have too many of those.

Don't think I'd take him over Glennie though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:Change Chris Neil to Getzlaf and I'll agree :^^^^:

Who knows, really, Getzlaf had the same number of points in the same year at the same age. Was picked 19th... Anything can happen with the right attitude and right development.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Like I said on the other topic, If Buffalo, Florida and MTL play 0.500 hockey, the last spot will be at 91 points. Means the Sens need 19 points out of 22.

Here's the schedule:

Rangers
Canes
Thrashers
Lightning
Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Habs
Bruins
Devils
Leafs

Does anyone know if this is even possible? How many games do Buffalo, Florida and Montreal play against each other the rest of the way? If any of those games go to OT I would expect that we are officially mathematically cooked.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Buffalo plays Florida and Montreal one more time a piece.
And that's it. Montreal doesn't play Florida again this season.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hmm I checked...
Florida plays Buffalo once. Buffalo plays Montreal once. That part isn't so bad. The part where we earn 19 points out of 22 will be tough to say the least. Still, I'm impressed by the turnaround. Let's just not make this an annual occurrence like the Leafs.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ah thanks PKC

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum