GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. March 21st, 2009

+11
PTFlea
Hayden
sennies1980
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Sp00nz
asq2
SensFan71
LeCaptain
davetherave
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

On my couch...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hayden wrote:On my couch...
Same here... but no TV coverage for me...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was by the radio half falling asleep. Couldn't turn it up too loud because the girls were with me -- one watching Franklin or some-sucj and the other playing on the PC. Boys watching Star Trek with my wife. I'd kill for a laptop. Gotta get me some more Timmies and rrroll-up the rrrim.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What did Cherry have to say?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dang, still no shutout for Elliott.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:What did Cherry have to say?
Not as much as I expected. His main thing was for Ovi to look at it from TBay's point of view and the Rookie's point of view. They didn't need that. He knows OV doesn't taunt on purpose - he just loves the game, but he's gotta realize that it does hurt.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens win 5-2! Way to go Elliott!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs beat up on the Habs 5-2 but the Blue Jackets beat the Panthers.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If the Sens win the next 2 games, we could possibly be go from 7th pick to 12th pick thursday morning :****:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Sens win 5-2! Way to go Elliott!!!!

Nice saves there on the breakaways. Why did Phillips get a tripping penalty for pushing a guy down? Not that it mattered at that point in the game, but Shannon had a partial breakaway and was hooked/held with no call earlier. Man, I can't stand inconsistent refereeing.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Lee Call was probably the most ridiculous of the night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:If the Sens win the next 2 games, we could possibly be go from 7th pick to 12th pick thursday morning :****:

Habs keep losing, Buffalo too. Florida seems to be running out of gas. Look, if no-one wants that 8th spot we'll take it. I can't believe I just said that, even joking.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Like I said on the other topic, If Buffalo, Florida and MTL play 0.500 hockey, the last spot will be at 91 points. Means the Sens need 19 points out of 22.

Here's the schedule:

Rangers
Canes
Thrashers
Lightning
Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Habs
Bruins
Devils
Leafs

We won't beat the Devils and will probably lose one of the two Bruins games.
That 10th-14th pick is gonna be ugly :!:

Time to watch some Glennie or some KAssian :study:

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

alfie with 3 points tonight moves within 4 points of a career point per game player

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm starting to like this team. I hope they're not throwing out an effort since Clouston that will wither over time - that's pretty much the only fear I have remaining. This needs to be the kind of effort that happens for the rest of this year, next season and beyond.

Foligno had one of his best nights ever. He's just oozing confidence right now, he's put it all together and he's starting to realize that he can hang onto the puck for a second longer while a different play fully develops. It's really exciting - I maintain that he can be a Ryan Clowe type player - and it's nice to see him putting it together. He has to continue though, when he has some bad nights, he has to put them behind him and keep going.

Shannon is just diddling a great little hockey player. So much skill intercepting passes at will, making quick decisions, quick, accurate passes, nice little wrister. Fisher with them is bringing out the Fisher we all wanted to see. A little grit, a little offence, a little D all mixed into one - and speed. Shannon add such an amazing element of speed that we were sorely missing.

When Alfredsson is healthy, he's gotta be damn near the top 5 forwards in the game. Damn this guy is ridiculous. He had to have been hurt at the beginning of the year more severely than we thought - and if he's healthy, we're in a playoff spot.

Dammit Cloustin, I love you. If you can keep this team going like this, you really will be the best coach (not to mention the guy) we've all waited for. Kudos, gotta keep it up, but good work man.

...or it could just be that we played the worst team in the league... 8)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I'm starting to like this team. I hope they're not throwing out an effort since Clouston that will wither over time - that's pretty much the only fear I have remaining. This needs to be the kind of effort that happens for the rest of this year, next season and beyond.

Foligno had one of his best nights ever. He's just oozing confidence right now, he's put it all together and he's starting to realize that he can hang onto the puck for a second longer while a different play fully develops. It's really exciting - I maintain that he can be a Ryan Clowe type player - and it's nice to see him putting it together. He has to continue though, when he has some bad nights, he has to put them behind him and keep going.

Shannon is just diddling a great little hockey player. So much skill intercepting passes at will, making quick decisions, quick, accurate passes, nice little wrister. Fisher with them is bringing out the Fisher we all wanted to see. A little grit, a little offence, a little D all mixed into one - and speed. Shannon add such an amazing element of speed that we were sorely missing.

When Alfredsson is healthy, he's gotta be damn near the top 5 forwards in the game. Damn this guy is ridiculous. He had to have been hurt at the beginning of the year more severely than we thought - and if he's healthy, we're in a playoff spot.

Dammit Cloustin, I love you. If you can keep this team going like this, you really will be the best coach (not to mention the guy) we've all waited for. Kudos, gotta keep it up, but good work man.

...or it could just be that we played the worst team in the league... 8)

8-2 in last 10 games man :afro:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:8-2 in last 10 games man :afro:

Very true. 8)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Like I said on the other topic, If Buffalo, Florida and MTL play 0.500 hockey, the last spot will be at 91 points. Means the Sens need 19 points out of 22.

Here's the schedule:

Rangers
Canes
Thrashers
Lightning
Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Habs
Bruins
Devils
Leafs

We won't beat the Devils and will probably lose one of the two Bruins games.
That 10th-14th pick is gonna be ugly :!:

Time to watch some Glennie or some KAssian :study:

One guy I like from that spot is Jacob Josefson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum