GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline)

+10
beedub
LeCaptain
Riprock
Cronie
wprager
LethalLehner
smash88
Urkie
asq2
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

POLL: Bryan Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline)

POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap20%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap234%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 34% [ 10 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap214%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 14% [ 4 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap217%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 17% [ 5 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap228%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 28% [ 8 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap23%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap23%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_lcap20%POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Empty POLL: Murray's best move (PRE-Deadline) Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Before the onslaught of the next 48 hours comes into play, rate Bryan Murray's best move as GM of the Ottawa Senators.

1.Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves for Cory Stillman and Mike Commodore.

2.Ryan Shannon for Lawrence Nycholat

3.SJ's 1st round pick and Dean McAmmond for Mike Comrie and Chris Campoli

4.Andrej Meszaros for Filip Kuba, Alex Picard and SJ's 1st Round Pick

5.Trades 1st round pick and 3rd round pick in 2009 to Nashville for their 1st round pick (Erik Karlsson)

6.Signs Alex Auld to a 2 year, 2 million dollar deal

7.Signs Jarkko Ruutu to a 3 year/1.3 per year deal

8.Other

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big fan of the Shannon for Nycholat trade.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson.

Yup, Karlsson by a mile.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's gotta be Karlsson.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Big fan of the Shannon for Nycholat trade.

yup said the same... Some of his others were maybe better and had more impact.. But that's the trade where I think we got the most value, since I don't think Nycholat would of ever played for us anyway... Shannon's turning out to be quite the nice addition...

Edit: By the way getting Karlsson, could turn out to be huge in a few years! I agree that he has huge potential...

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Karlsson, Karlsson, Karlsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man...I forgot to put Wiercioch in there. DOH!

Does it really matter? Probably not, it'll be Karlsson who would win that anyway.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:yup said the same... Some of his others were maybe better and had more impact.. But that's the trade where I think we got the most value, since I don't think Nycholat would of ever played for us anyway... Shannon's turning out to be quite the nice addition...

Edit: By the way getting Karlsson, could turn out to be huge in a few years! I agree that he has huge potential...

I feel the same. Karlsson was probably the shrewdest of them all, but the raw trade of Shannon for Nycholat (who wouldn't have played I don't think) is a real neat one.

I could go either way. It's Diddle fantastic to have Karlsson and Wiercioch in the system, I'll say that much!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Oh man...I forgot to put Wiercioch in there. DOH!

Does it really matter? Probably not, it'll be Karlsson who would win that anyway.

I think it all ties into the greater move of hiring Anders Forsberg. Although I don't know if he scouted Wiercioch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Forsberg was directly responsible for Karlsson and Petersson, but I thought he was in charge of overseas scouting only? I could be totally wrong.

I see your point though, Forsberg's hiring should have been on the list of great moves made by Murray.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson was a good (can't say great until this guy plays at least a shift, come on) draft pick, but a trade to move up a few draft positions is not really much of a trade. The reason I say that is that there were probably a lot of different ways to move up, so the pick is way more important than the actual trade.

For that reason I went with Shannon. I would have been happy with a bag of pucks, and Shannon is one heck of a bag of pucks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Karlsson was a good (can't say great until this guy plays at least a shift, come on) draft pick, but a trade to move up a few draft positions is not really much of a trade. The reason I say that is that there were probably a lot of different ways to move up, so the pick is way more important than the actual trade.

For that reason I went with Shannon. I would have been happy with a bag of pucks, and Shannon is one heck of a bag of pucks.

:##: Me too.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I too said Shannon... What a speedy guy he is. He might even be faster than Vermette!

But seriously, getting SHannon for Nycholat (who's been added to the waiver wire) is good, but I also wanted to put Ruutu because he didn't wait long to have his presence known.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronie wrote:I too said Shannon... What a speedy guy he is. He might even be faster than Vermette!

But seriously, getting SHannon for Nycholat (who's been added to the waiver wire) is good, but I also wanted to put Ruutu because he didn't wait long to have his presence known.

To tell you the truth, I've been mildly disappointed in Ruutu. Not that I was expecting him to score more, but I did expect him to do a little more. Anyhow, not a biggie.

Now, back to Shannon, that kids got a wicked wrister for a guy his size. I've liked what I've seen of him playing the point on the PP. With him and E. Karlsson back there we might have the best powerplay in the league in a couple of years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum