GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Trade Jason Spezza?

+14
Acrobat
asq2
PTFlea
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
Riprock
Laker
SeawaySensFan
beedub
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Jordo
davetherave
dennycrane
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Do You Trade Jason Spezza?

Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_lcap223%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 5 ]
Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_lcap241%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 41% [ 9 ]
Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_lcap236%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Transcript (edited for clarity):

Vanilliotte: ... you had a conversation with the media about Jason Spezza earlier in the week, and you said, "He's our Number one centre, and I don't feel it's fair to throw out names". Would you say...and people say "Hey, you didn't say he isn't going to be traded". Does that mean that Spezza is potentially available?

Murray: Not at this time. [emphasis mine] Really, what happens with bigger players in these scenarios that have long-term contracts (is that) they become more "in-play" in the summertime. I would say there hasn't been one phone call about Jason Spezza.[emphasis mine] I'm not sure why his name comes up all the time, but I would say he's not going anywhere.

This suggests that it's not just that Murray hasn't tried to move Spezza, but also that nobody has made a spontaneous/unsolicited offer for him. This may not bode well for anyone hoping to see him moved later on (i.e. before the draft).

62Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

25 years old, disgusting talent. Moving Alfie to line two and bringing in a veteran with enough skill not to hold these guys back - but with enough leadership to grab Spezza and Heatley by the throats if they're not giving it 100% every shift - could be the smartest GMing decision in recent memory.

Someone who needs to win and will kick arse if they don't perform. Mike Modano is a glaring player like that, but I doubt we're able to go near him (and I also doubt he'd be interested in coming here).

Someone like that could set this team up for a surprising run next year.

Have I mentioned before that I badly want a new D as well? Sarcasm

63Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:24 am

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:25 years old, disgusting talent. Moving Alfie to line two and bringing in a veteran with enough skill not to hold these guys back - but with enough leadership to grab Spezza and Heatley by the throats if they're not giving it 100% every shift - could be the smartest GMing decision in recent memory.

Someone who needs to win and will kick arse if they don't perform. Mike Modano is a glaring player like that, but I doubt we're able to go near him (and I also doubt he'd be interested in coming here).

Have I mentioned before that I badly want a new D as well? :***:

Guerin would be another in the off season that could really help Spezza and Heater

64Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:25 years old, disgusting talent. Moving Alfie to line two and bringing in a veteran with enough skill not to hold these guys back - but with enough leadership to grab Spezza and Heatley by the throats if they're not giving it 100% every shift - could be the smartest GMing decision in recent memory.

Get Stevie Y out of retirement. Call Lemieux for some advice if needed.

65Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was too busy noticing that the Donovan, Ruutu, Comrie line were the best out there to realize what a horrible game Spezza had v. the hated Leafs.

From a buddy who was at the game: "Spezza was the Leafs best player... he was absolutely horrible out there..."

What gives?

66Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Is there anyone in the league that can do that with Spezza? I figured Smith could do it, Gator I figured could straighten anyone out, but well, we haven't seen it. Maybe we should slap the A on Gator as I don't see the C being taken off Alfie (nor would I take it off him either).

67Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

Is there anyone in the league that can do that with Spezza? I figured Smith could do it, Gator I figured could straighten anyone out, but well, we haven't seen it. Maybe we should slap the A on Gator as I don't see the C being taken off Alfie (nor would I take it off him either).

Spezza for Alyssa Milano...she'd kick butt in the dressing room. Cleaning

68Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Spezza for Alyssa Milano...she'd kick butt in the dressing room. Cleaning

whoo, and if not, then she could just show hers, talk about motivation to win. If you guys win the cup, I will show you all. sign me up, we would never lose another game.

69Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

What does everyone think of Brian Burke making a pitch for Spezza? Toronto boy and potential marquee player...would he send Kaberle, Stajan/Mitchell and Mayers back the other way?

70Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:What does everyone think of Brian Burke making a pitch for Spezza? Toronto boy and potential marquee player...would he send Kaberle, Stajan/Mitchell and Mayers back the other way?

other than the fact it won't happen, Toronto and Ottawa would never talk of a deal of that magnitude, but if they did, I don't want Stajan or Mayers, give me Dominic Moore in place of Mayers and maybe we will talk.

71Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:What does everyone think of Brian Burke making a pitch for Spezza? Toronto boy and potential marquee player...would he send Kaberle, Stajan/Mitchell and Mayers back the other way?

Despite it never happening I'll play :D I'd want Kaberle, Toronto's First in this draft and a player. I don't know which player because NONE of them jump out as worth picking up.

- Unknown Author

72Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

other than the fact it won't happen, Toronto and Ottawa would never talk of a deal of that magnitude, but if they did, I don't want Stajan or Mayers, give me Dominic Moore in place of Mayers and maybe we will talk.

If The Burke throws in Alyssa Milano, do you take the deal?

73Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

If The Burke throws in Alyssa Milano, do you take the deal?

I will make sure personally that Bryan Murray signs, even if I have to force him lol :B:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum