GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Trade Jason Spezza?

+14
Acrobat
asq2
PTFlea
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
Riprock
Laker
SeawaySensFan
beedub
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Jordo
davetherave
dennycrane
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do You Trade Jason Spezza?

Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 5 ]
Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_lcap241%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 41% [ 9 ]
Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_lcap236%Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:13 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I said keep him. #1 centres are a commodity in this league, and we have one that's tall, gifted and can be absolutely brilliant. On top of that, he signed for six years, he wants to be here. He's made the commitment to the team. He needs to still mature a little, but he only turns 26 this year, and this is the first time since his first (full) NHL season that he hasn't been a point per game.

I think we are all a bit scared because of our history with Redden that if Murray or a future GM decides he wants to move a player with a NTC that we won't be able to. But really, how many times in has someone actually said no when it has been publicly expressed they want him out of the organization?

See Tomas Kaberle last year when Toronto had the deal worked out in principal with Philly for Jeff Carter +, he said no, Toronto gets no Jeff Carter. He probably would have sucked as soon as he put on the Blue and White anyway, it's usually contagious.

I don't remember that, was it reported that he wouldn't waive his NTC from a reputable source or just internet hearsay???

And for all those that chose not to waive it, there are those that have. I'm not going to bring up Boyle cause he was muscled into it, but didn't Visnovsky have one, Aucoin had one, i believe Tanguay had one. It's by no means guaranteed that someone will waive it, but I do not see how someone wouldn't if the media, the team, and the fans came down on them.

On a side note, I found something of interest in the CBA. The following excerpt was taken from NHLSCAP.com:

" If the
player is
traded or claimed on
Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the
clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to
continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause"

17Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:draft day might be the best return we get on spezza, and after July 1st, he has his NTC, so he could handcuff us. Watching Spezza though in the 3rd, makes it really hard to trade him sometimes, wish he would have shot rather than pass when he undressed that defenseman from SJ.

If we were to trade Spezza, I believe the best, yet more risky return would be at the deadline. I say more risky because I believe we would get a 1st rounder, but there is no knowing where it would fall. If we traded him on draft day, people wouldn't be trying to pad their rosters for the playoffs, which would decrease return slightly, but we would be certain of the draft pick we are getting back.

18Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:19 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I would trade him if we got the Vinny Lecavalier package for him, which I have heard could be either:

- Higgins, Gorges, Plekanec, Subban, 2009 1st, 2010 first

or

- A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, 2009 first

So if we got two good players and a couple of picks/prospects, then I'm tempted.

19Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I would trade him if we got the Vinny Lecavalier package for him, which I have heard could be either:

or

So if we got two good players and a couple of picks/prospects, then I'm tempted.

I like package A rather than package B, don't want the Kostitsyn boys, but am drooling over Higgins and Subban, plus the picks, would have this organization set straight just like that.

20Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:25 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I would trade him if we got the Vinny Lecavalier package for him, which I have heard could be either:

or

Definitely Package A... Subban and the picks would be nice.. Then we could turn around and package Plekanec and Gorges for a good top 4 PMD. And then the half of the Canadiens get suspended for the rest of this year and half of next for use of banned substance, and we end up with first half picks... That would be sweet.

21Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

or

Definitely Package A... Subban and the picks would be nice.. Then we could turn around and package Plekanec and Gorges for a good top 4 PMD. And then the half of the Canadiens get suspended for the rest of this year and half of next for use of banned substance, and we end up with first half picks... That would be sweet.

that must mean they forfeit the season or the Hamilton Bull Dogs get called up as replacements lol.

22Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:36 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I would trade Spezza only if the deal is right, I don't think I would actively "shop" Spezza.

23Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:43 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:I would trade Spezza only if the deal is right, I don't think I would actively "shop" Spezza.

And I doubt that BM is, mind you, Spezza's name did not come up on BM's list of untouchables. he could very be in play because his NTC is not active until July 1st.

24Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:I would trade Spezza only if the deal is right, I don't think I would actively "shop" Spezza.

And I doubt that BM is, mind you, Spezza's name did not come up on BM's list of untouchables. he could very be in play because his NTC is not active until July 1st.

Murray has been citing this date since last summer he is very mindful of this. No one should be shocked if he's dealt.

25Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Murray has been citing this date since last summer he is very mindful of this. No one should be shocked if he's dealt.

oh I know Neely won't be shocked, he will be dancing a jig as Spezza boards the plane.

26Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

If is NTC is not valid until July 1st, does that mean that Spezza has to waive in order to be traded at the deadline?

27Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Plan A) for sure. Plan B), no thanks.

28Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:14 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:If is NTC is not valid until July 1st, does that mean that Spezza has to waive in order to be traded at the deadline?

I believe he doesn't have the ability to block a trade prior to July 1st, 12:01 AM. Murray can do what he wants with Spezza before that magical time.

29Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was only using Montreal's supposed offers for VL, and in no way was I suggesting I wanted those specific players, but using it as a reference for all teams.

When the rumor first surfaced, Package A was what I was hearing. From another source just this past week, it was Package B (the specific's might be slightly off, but I can tell you that both Kostitsyn's were named).

Basically, I want a hell of a lot for Spezza if he is moved.

Also, I find it funny that in the Flroida-Bouwmeester trade negotiations, that while Florida wants a #1, a hypothetical deal with Philly for Jeff Carter is not enough and that Philly would have to include more!?!?! So, is Jay Bouwmeester > Jeff Carter? Jeff Carter, who is near the top of league scoring?? Who is signed to a good deal? Who is younger??

30Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I was only using Montreal's supposed offers for VL, and in no way was I suggesting I wanted those specific players, but using it as a reference for all teams.

When the rumor first surfaced, Package A was what I was hearing. From another source just this past week, it was Package B (the specific's might be slightly off, but I can tell you that both Kostitsyn's were named).

Basically, I want a hell of a lot for Spezza if he is moved.

Also, I find it funny that in the Flroida-Bouwmeester trade negotiations, that while Florida wants a #1, a hypothetical deal with Philly for Jeff Carter is not enough and that Philly would have to include more!?!?! So, is Jay Bouwmeester > Jeff Carter? Jeff Carter, who is near the top of league scoring?? Who is signed to a good deal? Who is younger??

Depending on the need of the team is what determines whom is great than whom. For Ottawa, you may say J-Bo, but then we need secondary scoring as well unless Comrie signs. for me personally, I like Jeff Carter a lot, would do any deal for that guy in a heart beat (providing it is reasonable)

31Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This. So what do I vote? No?

32Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

This. So what do I vote? No?

you ummm, uh, none of the above?

33Do You Trade Jason Spezza? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Trade Jason Spezza? Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

The last thing this team wants is Jason Spezza to be in control of his career, and basically this team. This team cannot handcuff its self with all those NTC's, especially with a guy that they have no clue if he can actually handle being or even wanting to be the guy.

This team cannot afford to wait for this guy to mature, because like it or not, this team has played better and been in more games when Spezza's ice is taken away.

"Who will replace Spezza as the number 1 center?" It doesnt matter, you can put Vermette up the middle and he will get you 50, 60 points with Heatley and Alfi, on top of that, you get a 100% effort with the ability to play in every situation.

This team would be better without Spezza, his points might not be able to be replacec completly, but the team will be harder working, harder to play against, and more responsible. Ottawa doesnt need Spezza, Spezza needs Ottawa, and if/when he gets dealt and barried in a non hockey market, it will be the last we hear of him. He may go on to put up 100 points a couple seasons, no reason he wouldnt, but he will not win more than a playoff round if he ever leaves Ottawa, IMO. I'll put serious cash on that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum