GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM!

+16
top shelf15
Sp00nz
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
beedub
Mojo
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
dennycrane
asq2
Sens4thecup
Urkie
PTFlea
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 24]

346Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 am

Unsigned FA - Winchester and Mitch O'Keefe

Draft Picks - Karlsson, Wiercioch, Z. Smith, A. Petersson, Derek Grant, Mark Borowiecki, Emil Sandin.

Trades:
Shean Donovan -Peter Schaeffer
Martin Lapointe - 6th round pick
Stillman/Commodore - Eaves/Corvo
Shannon - Nycolat
5th round pick - MacGratton
Kuba/Picard/1st round pick - Mezaros
Campoli/Comrie - 1st round pick/MacAmmond

Last edited by RobbyJ on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

347Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Thank you 504H and Robby! :D

This is what Wikipedia lists as Murray's transactions as Ottawa GM:

• February 11, 2008 - Traded Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves to the Carolina Hurricanes for Mike Commodore and Cory Stillman.
  • February 26, 2008 - Traded a sixth-round draft pick in 2008 (#169, Ben Smith) to the Chicago Blackhawks for Martin Lapointe
  • August 29, 2008 - Traded Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and San Jose's first-round draft pick (previously acquired) in 2009.
  • September 2, 2008 - Traded Lawrence Nycholat to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Ryan Shannon
  • February 20, 2009 - Traded Dean McAmmond and San Jose's first-round draft pick to the New York Islanders in exchange for Mike Comrie and Chris Campoli

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

348Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I actually feel like the Ryan Shanon/Lawrence Nycolat trade was one of his - if not his best move.

349Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:31 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm really liking the Campoli/Comrie snag too thus far. Campoli does one thing that I wish our D -men would do: CRASH the freakin' NET!!

He looks mostly comfortable and poised with the puck and I can only hope he'll continue to get better.

I'm still waiting for Comrie to break out too and show us that fire he has...

350Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Cronie, that was a good one, but a hefty price to pay. Shannon was acquired for scraps and he's really, really solid.

351Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:47 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Yeah Cronie, that was a good one, but a hefty price to pay. Shannon was acquired for scraps and he's really, really solid.

am loving Campoli's game, the ottawa rush has been missing what he brings big time.

352Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's a perspective on what the former San Jose pick Ottawa traded to get Campoli might be worth, from Scott Cullen at TSN:

No. 26-30
Average Rating:
Best: Mike Green, Martin Havlat, Scott Gomez, Corey Perry, Niklas Kronwall.
Worst: Andy Rogers, Martin Vagner, Mike Morris, Jonas Johansson, Ari Ahonen, Kevin Grimes.
At Least 100 NHL Games (or very likely): 44%

The complete article, which makes for very interesting reading is here:
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?ID=267960

353Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Campolli has the potential to be a close MIke Green, and he is already 300% better than the worst of that list since he already has more than 100 NHL games...

Conclusion = GOod choice,

354Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:16 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Campolli has the potential to be a close MIke Green, and he is already 300% better than the worst of that list since he already has more than 100 NHL games...

Conclusion = GOod choice,

Are you saying Campoli=Mike Green?

Do you have relatives in the Campoli Family?
Wink

355Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I said he has the potential. Mike Green is considered like a GOd today, 2-3 years ago nobody was talking about this guy. He has benefited from playing with young stars and it had developped his game tremendously.
Heck, even hid dad said in an interview he never expected his son to be that good.
On a purely statistic basis, both players have nearly the exact same stats during junior. Campoli had a better rookie season, but obviously played on a terrible team and was affected by injuries.
With the right coach, the right system adn the right teammates, I totally believe he has the tools to be an offensive powerhouse.

356Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I said he has the potential. Mike Green is considered like a GOd today, 2-3 years ago nobody was talking about this guy. He has benefited from playing with young stars and it had developped his game tremendously.
Heck, even hid dad said in an interview he never expected his son to be that good.
On a purely statistic basis, both players have nearly the exact same stats during junior. Campoli had a better rookie season, but obviously played on a terrible team and was affected by injuries.
With the right coach, the right system adn the right teammates, I totally believe he has the tools to be an offensive powerhouse.

Hey Marakh...I'm messin witcha...

I thought maybe The Campoli Family from New Jersey had, you know...said 'things'...LOL...aaayy...fuggidabouddit.

357Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! - Page 24 Empty Re: Sens Reality Check: YOU are the GM! Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lol. :&&&:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum