GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Check out what the Sens are doing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Check out what the Sens are doing Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

OTTAWA – Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

“Alfie (Daniel Alfredsson) is leading up the group of players making the rounds tomorrow afternoon, delivering 2008-09 season tickets to suites holders,” said Roy Mlakar, Senators CEO and president. “We believe this initiative is another important benefit to recognize their loyalty to the club.”

The players will be leaving Scotiabank Place in two groups – one at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m. The first group includes Alex Auld, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips, Christoph Schubert, Jason Spezza, Jarkko Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov and Jesse Winchester.

Joining Alfredsson at 3 p.m. are Nick Foligno, Martin Gerber, Chris Kelly, Filip Kuba, Dean McAmmond, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith.

2Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:OTTAWA – Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

“Alfie (Daniel Alfredsson) is leading up the group of players making the rounds tomorrow afternoon, delivering 2008-09 season tickets to suites holders,” said Roy Mlakar, Senators CEO and president. “We believe this initiative is another important benefit to recognize their loyalty to the club.”

The players will be leaving Scotiabank Place in two groups – one at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m. The first group includes Alex Auld, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips, Christoph Schubert, Jason Spezza, Jarkko Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov and Jesse Winchester.

Joining Alfredsson at 3 p.m. are Nick Foligno, Martin Gerber, Chris Kelly, Filip Kuba, Dean McAmmond, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith.

The Pens have been doing this for a while now. Seems like we've decided to rip off the idea.

3Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Well, if it's a good idea, I don't see why they wouldn't do it !

4Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:OTTAWA – Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

The Pens have been doing this for a while now. Seems like we've decided to rip off the idea.

The Sens did this last year as well. Dany Heatley delivered our coporate tickets via limo last year and shook everyone's hand.

EDIT: Not my personal corporate tickets, for the place I work at. If I had that kind of scratch I would be sunning my heinny at Bert's Bar for half the games.

5Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.

6Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Bramlet07 wrote:Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.
Why? I guarantee you he is going to stay on as a coach of some sort or scout, so he will be a big part of this organization.

7Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

agreed. Luke remains and will be very valuable to the Ott org.

And whether they ripped this idea off from the Pens or not, so what!? If it works and the 'clients' respond favorably, why the hell not do it, as the Avatar mentioned.

8Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.
Why? I guarantee you he is going to stay on as a coach of some sort or scout, so he will be a big part of this organization.

Fair enough, but no other Coachs or scouting staff members are listed. I hope he doesn't think he can play another year, because he can't.

9Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 am

Bramlet07 wrote:
Fair enough, but no other Coachs or scouting staff members are listed. I hope he doesn't think he can play another year, because he can't.

Not really all the weird when you consider he is still for now a player in training camp, and a player that was here all last season.

I would be questioning it if it were someone like Ryan Shannon or another newly signed player who likely won't make the team, but Luke was here all last year and played a pretty major role. At least his role was major in my eyes when you consider the state of our defense last year.

10Check out what the Sens are doing Empty Re: Check out what the Sens are doing Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well said DW.
And the fact is, I think EVERYONE learned from last season, and should Luke land that 7th D spot, he certainly won't, nor will he be expected to play 70+ games!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum