GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard

+13
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
smash88
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
shabbs
PKC
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

DashRiprock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Gainey can't ignore it. He dissed his teammates. Do you think the team is going to want him around after that?

Buddy, I dont think Kovalev gives a F***. He has been in the NHL for 15 years, and Im not defneding his play because it shouldnt be on others, but if everything was blammed on me after I basically took that team to the top of the league last year, there would be a bigger F YOU than that coming.

Kovalev, Cup winner, World Champion, Montreal Canadian scape goat? Screw that. I hope he comes back and just tears that team up.

Are you missing something? I said he cannot expect to come back to the team, not that he probably wants to. It is juts impossible to bring a guy back in after he goes on radio and says that kind of stuff. I don't know if he is right or not, don't care - he obviously dislikes the players/team and wants out. Therefor, Gainey cannot keep him around. He has to move him. I despise Montreal Canadiens, so I am happy someone is bashing them.

I didnt say you were wrong, Im just glad Kovalev said it. BIG f you's to the team and organization right now.

At least they got Tanguay.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Gotcha. Tanguay will be gone after this year if what Kovy says is true. No way a classy veteran wants to remain in an immature locker room.

I'm so happy, couldn't have happened to a better team.

I bet Ottawa does some homework on him next year as well... depending on what happens between now and July 1, not far fetched to think at the right price he could be the 2nd line help we are needing.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:I bet Ottawa does some homework on him next year as well... depending on what happens between now and July 1, not far fetched to think at the right price he could be the 2nd line help we are needing.

No kidding...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I bet Ottawa does some homework on him next year as well... depending on what happens between now and July 1, not far fetched to think at the right price he could be the 2nd line help we are needing.

Tanguay or Kovalev?

Kovalev, Tanguay is awful.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i would never want kovy in ottawa.... we don't need anymore inconsistant play.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Kovalev, Tanguay is awful.

I'm shocked to hear this from you. Spezza is your poster/whipping boy for talented guys on the Sens who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus needed to succeed -- and Kovalev is pretty much everyone's poster/whipping boy for talented NHLers who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus needed to succeed.

I know Kovalev has a lot better track record than Spezza in terms of hardware, but, seriously, are you sure you want *another* player of the type you seem to despise on your team? Kovalev is even more maddeningly consistent than Spezza!

Last edited by rooneypoo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I'm shocked to hear this from you. Spezza is your poster/whipping boy for talented guys on the Sens who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus he needs -- and Kovalev is pretty much everyone's poster/whipping boy for talented NHLers who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus.

I know Kovalev has a lot better track record than Spezza in terms of hardware, but, seriously, are you sure you want *another* player of the type you seem to despise on your team? Kovalev is even more maddeningly consistent than Spezza!

At least we'd be guaranteed 6 games a year of Kovalev's absolute best...

Why not? Kovalev on a 2nd line. Do you realize how many different options that would give us. People will defend Spezza to the death but they wouldnt take a chance on a guy if the price was right.

Im not sold on the guy but I bet it is defently considered and there is nothing to say he wont tear it up either. Teams either put their best checkers on Spezza's line or Kovalev's, one is going to be opened up. You would have your franchise for the next 10 years ridding on this either and you add him for nothing.

You add the right guy there with a group of vets and youth, you could be laughing next year.

Anyways, Im saying it is an option that could work out very well for Ottawa if it ever happend for the right price.

rooneypoo wrote:

I'm shocked to hear this from you. Spezza is your poster/whipping boy for talented guys on the Sens who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus needed to succeed -- and Kovalev is pretty much everyone's poster/whipping boy for talented NHLers who don't play hockey with the kind of heart and focus needed to succeed.

If Spezza was a UFA that could be added for nothing and given a 2 year deal, I wouldnt even come close to harping ont he guy.

The franchise basically rides on Spezza, Kovalev is a UFA that would be on the 2nd line and an after thought to the big 3.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Why not? Kovalev on a 2nd line. Do you realize how many different options that would give us. People will defend Spezza to the death but they wouldnt take a chance on a guy if the price was right.

Im not sold on the guy but I bet it is defently considered and there is nothing to say he wont tear it up either. Teams either put their best checkers on Spezza's line or Kovalev's, one is going to be opened up. You would have your franchise for the next 10 years ridding on this either and you add him for nothing.

You add the right guy there with a group of vets and youth, you could be laughing next year.

Anyways, Im saying it is an option that could work out very well for Ottawa if it ever happend for the right price.

I'm not disagreeing entirely. At the right price, I confess I'd be willing to hear the proposal out. I'm just saying I'm shocked to hear this from you, who rides Spezza so hard. You have to admit that they're very similar players in some ways.

Totally similar. But again, The Sens are ridding on Spezza shoulders for basically the next 10 years, thats the big difference. Kovalev you can prob get rid of if need be, and he wouldnt be here that long.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Totally similar. But again, The Sens are ridding on Spezza shoulders for basically the next 10 years, thats the big difference. Kovalev you can prob get rid of if need be, and he wouldnt be here that long.

That's a fair enough distinction. I'd be willing to consider it if the price were right -- say, $3 mil, 2 years. Something like that.

Too bad there's always someone willing to overpay. If he staying in the NHL next year, I'm sure there will be someone out there next July who will try to give him $5 or 6 mil on a multi-year contract. Before anyone says "no way!", I say look to Redden. Some GMs don't pay attention, or learn their lessons.

Id take him at 2 years, 4-4.5 mil. Why not. Thats what? 2 mil more than Vermette makes and he does all the things he does.

You committ two years to a guy that could very well put up 100 points or allow 3 others guys to do that.

Add a stud D man in there with solid goaltending that we hope for (thats the wild card), cup final isnt that long of a shot.

It all depends what happens between now and July 1. It may not even be a consideration if a few big guns are dealt.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Id take him at 2 years, 4-4.5 mil. Why not. Thats what? 2 mil more than Vermette makes and he does all the things he does.

You committ two years to a guy that could very well put up 100 points or allow 3 others guys to do that.

Add a stud D man in there with solid goaltending that we hope for (thats the wild card), cup final isnt that long of a shot.

It all depends what happens between now and July 1. It may not even be a consideration if a few big guns are dealt.

I think at 2 years, $4 million per, I'd be inclined to sign him. Move Fisher to the top line, put Foligno with Alfredsson and Kovalev. Put Zubov with Kelly and Vermette. Looks pretty good assuming everyone produces to their ability.

I wouldt split up that Fisher line if they continue to play like this. Maybe you put a guy like Vermette and Kelly with Kovalev. Even give Regin the chance with the guy.

Checking like would be Bass, Donavan, Winchester. Something like that, im not gonna get into a whole lineup thing, but it could work with the right pieces.

Defense is still the number 1 concern.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Id take him at 2 years, 4-4.5 mil. Why not. Thats what? 2 mil more than Vermette makes and he does all the things he does.

Uh...they're pretty different. I wouldn't expect to see Kovalev killing penalties or being a top 5 face off man. He'd put up more points though of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum