GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard

+13
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
smash88
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
shabbs
PKC
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh he did Dash - and as Neely says, if Gainey chooses to ignore it, then so be it - but don't expect to see Montreal in the playoffs this year or possibly even next.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Gainey can't ignore it. He dissed his teammates. Do you think the team is going to want him around after that?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I take the proposed Columbus/Montreal rumour off the table Wink and propose my own:

To Montreal:
Vincent Lecavalier
Mike Smith
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay
Carey Price
Markov
Kovalev
A. Kostitsyns
Subban
2009 1st round pick

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Gainey can't ignore it. He dissed his teammates. Do you think the team is going to want him around after that?

I think Gainey is looking at bigger problems than just Kovalev.. It's starting to look like he may need to move more guys than just him...

People who think that these guys are above all the crap that young adults do and teenagers so on, are out to lunch. Just because they love watching these guys play they put them above the normal person.

Why do you think Murray didnt give Meszaros the cash? Why do you think we bought out Emery? Why do you think Schubert prob wont see another shift in an Ottawa uniform? Why do you think McGrattan was dealt.

Then people will blame the players for doing the crap they do, is it their fault? Sure, but its because of they system as well. Fans treat them like Gods, fans pay their salaries, and fans give them the attention. Epecially in Canada.

They need to be baby sat, thats basically what it comes down to and if I was Kovalev and the media was taking it out on me, I would say the same thing. "You want to protect the kids, then F YOU, Ill tell you my side". Ottawa avoided all that by getting rid of the kids that were nothing special, Spezza, Heatley, and Schubert are basically the only ones left here.
People who expect kids to be above all this are either nieve or just stupid.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I take the proposed Columbus/Montreal rumour off the table Wink and propose my own:

To Montreal:
Vincent Lecavalier
Mike Smith
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay
Carey Price
Markov
Kovalev
A. Kostitsyns
Subban
2009 1st round pick

Wow... 8)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Gainey can't ignore it. He dissed his teammates. Do you think the team is going to want him around after that?

No, I mean if Gainey chooses to ignore that the Habs are (seemingly) partying way too much and focusing on hockey way too little. Like we were last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I take the proposed Columbus/Montreal rumour off the table Wink and propose my own:

To Montreal:
Vincent Lecavalier
Mike Smith
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay
Carey Price
Markov
Kovalev
A. Kostitsyns
Subban
2009 1st round pick

Wow... 8)

Too much? LOL.

Buddy, I dont think Kovalev gives a F***. He has been in the NHL for 15 years, and Im not defneding his play because it shouldnt be on others, but if everything was blammed on me after I basically took that team to the top of the league last year, there would be a bigger F YOU than that coming.

Kovalev, Cup winner, World Champion, Montreal Canadian scape goat? Screw that. I hope he comes back and just tears that team up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Except for the last line, Neely's probably right. They need full time babysitters. Unreal.

Meh...whatever, not my problem, we went through it. Luckily for them, all their players are UFAs, so it won't matter too much.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

To Montreal:
Vincent Lecavalier
Mike Smith
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay
Carey Price
Markov
Kovalev
A. Kostitsyns
Subban
2009 1st round pick

Wow... 8)

Too much? LOL.

Well not necessarily.. just major deal, that totally changes the makeup of both teams... LOL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Well not necessarily.. just major deal, that totally changes the makeup of both teams... LOL

That's the point though, right? Wink

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

That's the point though, right? Wink

Oh it is, just I think some Montreal fans would have a heart attack seeing that deal go down!

I really can't see it being that big of a deal... Price and Smith won't be part of it I don't think... They won't give up on Price just yet...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

Buddy, I dont think Kovalev gives a F***. He has been in the NHL for 15 years, and Im not defneding his play because it shouldnt be on others, but if everything was blammed on me after I basically took that team to the top of the league last year, there would be a bigger F YOU than that coming.

Kovalev, Cup winner, World Champion, Montreal Canadian scape goat? Screw that. I hope he comes back and just tears that team up.

Are you missing something? I said he cannot expect to come back to the team, not that he probably wants to. It is juts impossible to bring a guy back in after he goes on radio and says that kind of stuff. I don't know if he is right or not, don't care - he obviously dislikes the players/team and wants out. Therefor, Gainey cannot keep him around. He has to move him. I despise Montreal Canadiens, so I am happy someone is bashing them.

504Heater wrote:Except for the last line, Neely's probably right. They need full time babysitters. Unreal.

Meh...whatever, not my problem, we went through it. Luckily for them, all their players are UFAs, so it won't matter too much.

If this is based around Price and his possy, then it may be a long term problem. This could ruin a goalies career or set it back a long time. Montreal may have just screwed themselves out of a franchise goaltender because they rushed him and thought he was more mature than he was.

This is why guys like Elliott succeed. Cujo, Hasek, Belfore, Brodure, so on all paid their dues. There has basically been 1 or 2 goalies who came in as teens that have made a career worth taling about, Roy is one of them...

For every Roy there are 20 Tibeaults.

DashRiprock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Are you missing something? I said he cannot expect to come back to the team, not that he probably wants to. It is juts impossible to bring a guy back in after he goes on radio and says that kind of stuff. I don't know if he is right or not, don't care - he obviously dislikes the players/team and wants out. Therefor, Gainey cannot keep him around. He has to move him. I despise Montreal Canadiens, so I am happy someone is bashing them.

I didnt say you were wrong, Im just glad Kovalev said it. BIG f you's to the team and organization right now.

At least they got Tanguay.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Gotcha. Tanguay will be gone after this year if what Kovy says is true. No way a classy veteran wants to remain in an immature locker room.

I'm so happy, couldn't have happened to a better team.

I bet Ottawa does some homework on him next year as well... depending on what happens between now and July 1, not far fetched to think at the right price he could be the 2nd line help we are needing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum