GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alex Picard

+8
rooneypoo
Snuh
shabbs
smash88
PTFlea
wprager
mattshock
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Alex Picard Empty Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A few things I want to mention. Sure, he hasn't been the greatest defensively, he's given the puck up a few times too many, he's made some mental errors... but who hasn't? He's been our second best offensive defenceman (next to Kuba who has set an NHL record for assist streak by a defenceman at beginning of the season). He's young and will get better. I'm sure he'd be sent down if he didn't have to be sent through waivers, or benched if we had someone as good to replace him with.

I also think we need Lee or someone similar back, cause 4 defensive d-men are too much when we must rely on Alfie as our PP QB.

2Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's clear he isn't ready for full-time NHL action, but he better grow up quick.

With his contract, he isn't going anywhere. This is a storm we'll have to weather.

The optimist in me is hoping Picard is going through a learning curve with the rest of the team and they'll come out of it improved.

As for Lee, he will be back soon enough.

3Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can someone explain his contract situation? How is it different from Lee (other than Lee getting paid more in the NHL)? Is it a one-way contract? For some reason I thought he was on a two-way, which is why I was so surprised to see Lee get sent down instead of Picard.

Even if we can't send him down, he should sit for a game or two.

4Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Picard is a one way deal, Lee two way I believe.

But as bad as he's been defensively, Picard has been helping our PP a lot from what I've seen. If we sit him, how bad does our blueline look offensively?

I wouldn't want to be the coach and make those decisions.

5Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Check it out:

Kuba: 11 assists, 8 PP assists, +1
Picard: 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points, 2 PP goals, -2

vs

Meszaros: 3 assists, 0 PP points, -2

It is what it is, but numbers (sometimes) don't lie.

6Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 pm

504Heater wrote:Check it out:

vs

Let's face it Kuba has been a point producing machine and Picard has been as advertised. A nice young player with a lot of potential. He has let a few turds out there but he has also made some nice plays.. obviously the 2 goals but also a nice stop on a T.O. breakaway late in the game Saturday. Add that to a first rounder and it looks like we won this deal hands down. TB ownership needs to butt out. Anyone else hear what Strachan (usually a liar but whatever) said about Len Barrie coming into the dressing room and writing up power play x's and o's on the white board? These guys are going to ruin that franchise in a hurry.

7Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:

vs

Let's face it Kuba has been a point producing machine and Picard has been as advertised. A nice young player with a lot of potential. He has let a few turds out there but he has also made some nice plays.. obviously the 2 goals but also a nice stop on a T.O. breakaway late in the game Saturday. Add that to a first rounder and it looks like we won this deal hands down. TB ownership needs to butt out. Anyone else hear what Strachan (usually a liar but whatever) said about Len Barrie coming into the dressing room and writing up power play x's and o's on the white board? These guys are going to ruin that franchise in a hurry.

Does anyone else see anything wrong with 11 points in 8 games yet he is +1?? He's letting by almost as many as he's putting in, not really that great if you ask me...

8Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Picard has been as advertised - except a little less physical than I thought he would be. Kuba, I realize now, is very quiet, but he does what he needs to do. He's actually quite good, I'm getting more and more impressed. It doesn't mean I love him, but I'm getting warmed up to this 'impostor' (you guys know what I mean, we don't have many trades in Ottawa).

I heard Rat Face Strachan say that and I couldn't believe it. It doesn't surprise me though...wow, Melrose is a puppet - and a crappy one at that.

9Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

vs

Does anyone else see anything wrong with 11 points in 8 games yet he is +1?? He's letting by almost as many as he's putting in, not really that great if you ask me...

A lot of his points come on the PP, in fact 8 of his 11 assists are on the power play (which don't count in plus minus). I wouldn't say he is letting as many in as he is helping put in. The team has played terrible and he has been a bright light based on how we projected him to play... pretty good PP quarterback thus far IMO

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:

8 PP points will do that. 3 regular strength points, so he's a -2 5 on 5. Not optimum, but the way this team is playing, not terrible either.

11Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

vs

A lot of his points come on the PP, in fact 8 of his 11 assists are on the power play (which don't count in plus minus). I wouldn't say he is letting as many in as he is helping put in. The team has played terrible and he has been a bright light based on how we projected him to play...

Power play dosen't count? hmm didn't know that... Does short-handed count??

12Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL, there's an echo in here!

13Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

8 PP points will do that. 3 regular strength points, so he's a -2 5 on 5. Not optimum, but the way this team is playing, not terrible either.

Yeah I figured PP counted, so my bad.. He's not as bad as I thought.. and I do agree his points have been a bright spot, but we need him to stop them too! LOL

14Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Power play dosen't count? hmm didn't know that... Does short-handed count??

A goal short handed is a plus 1 to anyone on the ice for the team that scores and a -1 to anyone on the ice for the team that got scored on.

15Alex Picard Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Nice stat. I'm not sure how long Kuba can keep this up, but it's a welcome surprise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum