GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Heat's On Heatley

+16
wprager
TeamRenzo
jamvan
Jordo
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
dennycrane
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
beedub
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What should the Sens do with Dany Heatley?

The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 3 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap223%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 7 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap232%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 32% [ 10 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_lcap229%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I was gonna say the same. I think Stevenson's gonna take a lot of heat for this.

Yeah it seemed liked he was searching and almost wanting to cause a controversy, I don't know, I don't like it... No wonder we have a hard time getting UFA's here.... Among other things.. Sad

47The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Was this posted already?
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2009/02/10/8338726-sun.html
[quote
"I was a little bit disappointed
in the article. It couldn't be further from the truth," said Heatley,
referring to a story in today's Ottawa Sun and Ottawasun.com. "We're
obviously on the same page. The only thing I disagree with is maybe
that I'm pressing a little bit." [/quote]

48The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Heatley, 100% was coached to say that. Thats no his tone at all when he deals with the media normally and this had to be nipped in the bud behind closed doors.

Its being blown out of porportion for sure, but those def are not Heatley's words.

49The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I see you got your tin-foil hat on Smile

50The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This morning, the Sens media spin does a 360.

From today's Citizen:

Clouston, Heatley deny report of rift
By Allen Panzeri, The Ottawa CitizenFebruary 10, 2009

OTTAWA — There's no rift between Ottawa Senators coach Cory Clouston and one of his stars, Dany Heatley.

They both said Tuesday morning they see eye-to-eye and that comments suggesting otherwise were taken out of context.

Both Heatley and Clouston woke Tuesday to a newspaper story suggesting that there were serious differences between them.

Clouston said the story has no merit.

"That's not true at all," said Clouston.

"Dany and I see completely eye-to-eye. There's nothing there at all. We actually had a good laugh about the headines."

Heatley agreed.

"I'm disappointed," he said.

"We're both on the same page and to say otherwise is wrong."

Clouston said his point was that Heatley is not yet completely comfortable with the system the coach is trying to introduce, not that Heatley's game isn't there.

Last edited by davetherave on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing)

51The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking now that there are a billion articles coming up trashing Heatley and making fun of him etc. etc. etc.

Why did he have to say that he Hates the Media?? You're asking for it..you know?

Now they're ALL OVER HIM, OMG! It's unbelievable. Players should keep their mouths shut about the media, they really should. It's an open invitation to being attacked over and over again.

That's all.

52The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not good, he will simply shut down and not talk to media again. Like...ever. Not good for an alternate (or alternative if you're Peabrain and Small Time) to be doing, but I think it's fair that he dodges the Sun for a while.

53The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:It's not good, he will simply shut down and not talk to media again. Like...ever. Not good for an alternate (or alternative if you're Peabrain and Small Time) to be doing, but I think it's fair that he dodges the Sun for a while.

I know, it totally sucks. But he's got to learn when to NOT say something. He's got to think before he speaks and insult the people he's speaking to.

I hope this doesn't make him stop talking to them. Look at how Spezza and Alfie dealt with it when they were being trashed by the media? He's got to learn from them and just not take things so seriously and get so upset about it. You're a celebrity, it's going to happen every single day. You've got to learn to let it slide.

54The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I know, it totally sucks. But he's got to learn when to NOT say something. He's got to think before he speaks and insult the people he's speaking to.

I hope this doesn't make him stop talking to them. Look at how Spezza and Alfie dealt with it when they were being trashed by the media? He's got to learn from them and just not take things so seriously and get so upset about it. You're a celebrity, it's going to happen every single day. You've got to learn to let it slide.

Spezza's about this close to shutting down as well. Why would he grant Ottawa media interviews? They trash him constantly.

55The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Good time to bring this back up.

56The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Neely4Life wrote:He wants out, big time.

He has been playing like that for a long time. Its time to trim the fat in Ottawa and he def is a large part of that group. GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF OTTAWA!

Good for Clouston!

I'm even shocked to how accurate that was, haha.

57The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Neely4Life wrote:You hear things like this and you wonder why this team is the way it is. Can Murray just blow it up already... its a mess in Ottawa!

A week in and Clouston is being questioned by a player... "we are not coach killers" Alfi. We? maybe not, but there are a few guys that are that shouldnt be put in that collective!

As of that, lol.

58The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Heatley, 100% was coached to say that. Thats no his tone at all when he deals with the media normally and this had to be nipped in the bud behind closed doors.

Its being blown out of porportion for sure, but those def are not Heatley's words.

What a liar, haha. Everything said has been BS in Ottawa for the last 2 years. Our organization at this point is a joke.

59The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ah, the memories...

60The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Was having a bad day till now. Great news. Hope Murray can get this dead weight off the team.

61The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:49 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dead weight? Come on. He scored almost 150 goals for this team in the last 3 years. He might be lazy but dead weight is a little strong.

62The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Ah, the memories...

Embedding the link that they now post doesn't work (at least not for me). I take the URL they give, then replace the part that goes "watch?v=" with "v/" and it works like a charm (as above).

Now, maybe it's only a problem for Firefox and works fine in IE. Don't know, but if you want everyone to see the embedded flash video, do the "editing" described above.

63The Heat's On Heatley - Page 4 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:53 pm

He was dragging this team down. "Dead weight" is accurate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum