GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Heat's On Heatley

+16
wprager
TeamRenzo
jamvan
Jordo
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
dennycrane
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
beedub
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What should the Sens do with Dany Heatley?

The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 3 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 7 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap232%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 32% [ 10 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Enough. Goodbye Mr 50 goals.

17The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 am

The Heat is gone.... The Heat is goooo nnnne

18The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clouston has it under control. He's outlined what he thinks areas to improve are - and Heatley will listen. He hated Hartsburg's system so much, there's gonna be at least another 3-5 games before he gets back into the groove.

If Heatley thinks his game is A-OK, he'll be watching hours of tape with Clouston this morning.

19The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And no, I would not trade a two time 50/50 guy because he's having an off year.

20The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Clouston has it under control. He's outlined what he thinks areas to improve are - and Heatley will listen. He hated Hartsburg's system so much, there's gonna be at least another 3-5 games before he gets back into the groove.

If Heatley thinks his game is A-OK, he'll be watching hours of tape with Clouston this morning.

Man, I hope you're right, and I am hoping this is just Garrioch and Brennan trying to get fans going and to read their drivel.

21The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a less than stellar article that paints Heatley in a horrible light. No wonder the guy hates these hacks.

22The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I'm actually going to have to defend Heatley on this one. Heatley wasn't reacting to what Clouston said, he was reacting to the question that was asked of him, mainly the latter part, that he was pressing too much. And the fact that he has shown little effort kind of proves he hasn't been pressing too much.

I liked Clouston's comments because they were motivational without being belittling. He believes Heatley can do better, and I would give Heatley the benefit of the doubt, that if he actually heard what Clouston said about him, that he might own up to it.

Also Chris Stevenson needs to learn how to speak proper English, he's a bloody reporter for goodness sakes.

23The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:07 am

Bass Destruction wrote:I'm actually going to have to defend Heatley on this one. Heatley wasn't reacting to what Clouston said, he was reacting to the question that was asked of him, mainly the latter part, that he was pressing too much. And the fact that he has shown little effort kind of proves he hasn't been pressing too much.

I liked Clouston's comments because they were motivational without being belittling. He believes Heatley can do better, and I would give Heatley the benefit of the doubt, that if he actually heard what Clouston said about him, that he might own up to it.

Also Chris Stevenson needs to learn how to speak proper English, he's a bloody reporter for goodness sakes.

You are right. Stevenson didn't say to Heatley what Clouston said at all.

Clouston (paraphrase) Heatley needs to work on his game and get used to the system like everyone else does. He will get it.

Stevenson (paraphrase) Heatley the coach says you aren't getting the system.

Good journalism. squirrel I used to think that Stevenson was better than Garrioch and Brennan but wow this article was crap.

24The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Chris Stevenson went 'On the Edge' on Team 1200 this morning (as the The Kulkster 'took the day off') and proceeded to backpedal furiously, trying to soften the tone of his Sun article.

Earlier, TGOR treated us to Pierre McGuire gushing all over Cory Clouston. Three games in, Pierre "LOVES" what Cory is doing. "I LOVE the way he manipulates his lines," oozed Pierre.

Quality hockey journalism is getting more and more difficult to find.

Meanwhile, you all might want to take a peek on SensHobo's blog from Kukla's Korner. The Hobo offers some laconic musings on the subject of the media coverage of the Senators, including the Mike Fisher's love life, the prospect of Ray Emery 'doing a Sean Avery', and Tony V. trade rumours.

Here's some excerpts and the link to the full text:
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/sh/comments/sens_media_without_the_news/

Sens Media Without The News

by SENShobo on 02/10/09 at 08:46 AM ET

Where’s the hockey?

It’s just like the schedule to do this; finally an exciting game, and the team makes us wait several days to see them again, five straight on the tele.

At least, without much news to be had, there’s still some humour to be found in what matters and what the media hopes to make matter. Yes there’s news, but it’s just too much to not shake your head, tilt it back, and let out a big hearty one...

---

...The Ottawa Sun managed to take Clouston’s comments about Heatley being one of a number of players for whom the switch in systems has not yet become instinct, no surprise only three games into Clouston’s tenure, and flip them as an attack on Heatley.

---

...With Avery about to move on down (to the AHL), I’m sure Emery could also find a spot and provide some interesting team chemistry.

Lots more to read on SensHobo's blog.

25The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:54 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I'm actually going to have to defend Heatley on this one. Heatley wasn't reacting to what Clouston said, he was reacting to the question that was asked of him, mainly the latter part, that he was pressing too much. And the fact that he has shown little effort kind of proves he hasn't been pressing too much.

You are right. Stevenson didn't say to Heatley what Clouston said at all.

Clouston (paraphrase) Heatley needs to work on his game and get used to the system like everyone else does. He will get it.

Stevenson (paraphrase) Heatley the coach says you aren't getting the system.

Good journalism. squirrel I used to think that Stevenson was better than Garrioch and Brennan but wow this article was crap.
Thats exactly right. I was big time pissed when I heard those comments on the team this morning, but seeing the way it was presented to him, I completely understand his reaction. As usual, the Sun brilliantly upholds its own lofty standards of journalism Suspect

What Heatley says is exactly right and its precisely what I've been saying for almost 2 years... The problem, however, is that he used it as defense for his recent play - for which there is no defense. Had he been playing well and not scoring, I wouldn't have been on his back because I'm not a scoresheet reading fan...I actually watch the game before making up my mind on performance(s)...
And from watching the game, I can tell you 100% that Dany Heatley has not been playing like a player that deserves that salary; he's been playing like a player I've been eager/hopeful to trade...
That being said, I'm willing to give him some time under Clouston to see if he can step his game up beyond any level he's ever been at (which has never really been that high, when you consider the inate skill he possesses...)

I'm actually flabbergasted at how someone can turn Cloustons comments into this: "Q: Cory says he doesn't think your game is where it's usually at or where it should probably be at. He thinks maybe you're pressing too much. Is that fair?"
No thats not Diddle fair, dip-Dung.

26The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Here's an updated article about this whole thing.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/10/8337716.html

27The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We should let sleeping dogs lie. Stevenson will get his.

It's really hard to know what is true and what is false with journalists. This article and the questions were just worded wrong to stir up some Dung with him.

I don't know why they don't just leave these guys alone and start to be more positive where positivity is warranted. These guys have always been negative and always will be.

28The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Do we agree the Ottawa Sun hockey writing is the intellectual equivalent of pork rinds--or Cheetos?
:pirat:

29The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's being overly diplomatic and generous Dave IMHO.
Put it this way: I wouldn't dream of lining my cats litter box with the Sun's sports section... How's that?

30The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:26 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I think that's pretty insulting to pork rinds and cheetos!

31The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:36 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ROFL LMAO gang...

32The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Woof!
Did anybody see the Sunshine girl today? wow.

WOOF WOOF!

33The Heat's On Heatley - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat's On Heatley Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LMAO@ Jordo!

tell me about it. There not always consistent are they?

I'm serious, I want to see if there's enough interest to start a GM Hockey Girls calendar of sorts... Recruitment could be a challenge, but hey, one step at a time right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum