GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

G Martin Gerber officially put on Waivers

+10
davetherave
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PKC
Acrobat
LeCaptain
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Phoenix30 wrote:
cash wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I'm tempted to say Adrian Aucoin. Remember, it was Murray himself who said that there would be only a 'handful' of deals made where both teams didn't take on similar salaries.

But then, that would be a major waste of a resource for Calgary.

Interesting.

Agreed, I think it would be Aucoin. The upside is that once the Sens are out of the playoffs they could send Lee down for the playoff run to gain further experience and development.
Why would Calgary get rid of 40 points on their blueline? The only way that happens is if Kuba goes the other way and I don't see that happening by tomorrow....

Well Sutter was thinking about moving Aucoin earlier in the season, I just dont know if that still is the case. Another candiate could be Andreas Erickson. Primeau might be a good option if Murray was looking to move Kelly or Vermette. Aucoin makes sense as the salaries are similar with Ottawa taking on a little more. WHere Erickson or Primeau make less than Gerber so its not a balance there for Calgary. As well, the Fan 960 in Calgary are not to sure what to make of the rumor from what I heard on the radio today. Hemmy have you heard anything more. I guess will find out more tomorrow.

I don't listen to the Fan 960. I have XM radio, so I tend to listen to their programming instead.

I don't want any part of Aucoin. With the decline in his game, he is massively overpaid. I think Kelly, and especially Vermette, have way more value than that. If Sutter could make this deal, he does in a heartbeat. He gets younger, better and cheaper. We don't improve our defense at all, and lose offence.

Aside from the obvious couple of players, the only guys I really like out of Calgary are Moss and Boyd. Boyd isn't getting much ice time.

There were rumours discussed on HB a while ago, involving Lombardi coming to Ottawa. Laughable. He's a poor man's Vermette. He's fast as hell, but has zero, and I mean ZERO hands. He's not as effective on the draw or the PK as Vermette either.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Well, according to Faceoff.com Primeau is on IR, so he wouldn't count against the cap this year. So Murray saves Melnyk 850K.

If Ottawa did the deal, presumedly Murray gives Primeau a chance to make the team next year as a checking line center, trades him or waives him.

Not a big risk from the looks of it. But I am not suggesting this is a 'good' or 'bad' deal.

Primeau's scouting report is decent. If Murray trades Vermette, he has himself a replacement PK guy/faceoff man, and 13 year vet with plenty of playoff experience, for half Vermette's price, and on a one year deal.

From Faceoff.com:

ASSETS: Owns the size and face-off skills of an effective NHL center. Is sound defensively, kills penalties with aplomb and provides a physical presence.
FLAWS: Hasn't shown enough scoring ability in the NHL. Is prone to injury, which has curtailed his overall development.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Checking line center.

A Pest - Size - Scrapper line of Ruttu - Primeau - Neil line could be interesting to watch. But what the heck probably never going to happen.

Very interesting, and probably effective.

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
cash wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I'm tempted to say Adrian Aucoin. Remember, it was Murray himself who said that there would be only a 'handful' of deals made where both teams didn't take on similar salaries.

But then, that would be a major waste of a resource for Calgary.

Interesting.

Agreed, I think it would be Aucoin. The upside is that once the Sens are out of the playoffs they could send Lee down for the playoff run to gain further experience and development.
Why would Calgary get rid of 40 points on their blueline? The only way that happens is if Kuba goes the other way and I don't see that happening by tomorrow....

Well Sutter was thinking about moving Aucoin earlier in the season, I just dont know if that still is the case. Another candiate could be Andreas Erickson. Primeau might be a good option if Murray was looking to move Kelly or Vermette. Aucoin makes sense as the salaries are similar with Ottawa taking on a little more. WHere Erickson or Primeau make less than Gerber so its not a balance there for Calgary. As well, the Fan 960 in Calgary are not to sure what to make of the rumor from what I heard on the radio today. Hemmy have you heard anything more. I guess will find out more tomorrow.

I don't listen to the Fan 960. I have XM radio, so I tend to listen to their programming instead.

I don't want any part of Aucoin. With the decline in his game, he is massively overpaid. I think Kelly, and especially Vermette, have way more value than that. If Sutter could make this deal, he does in a heartbeat. He gets younger, better and cheaper. We don't improve our defense at all, and lose offence.

Aside from the obvious couple of players, the only guys I really like out of Calgary are Moss and Boyd. Boyd isn't getting much ice time.

There were rumours discussed on HB a while ago, involving Lombardi coming to Ottawa. Laughable. He's a poor man's Vermette. He's fast as hell, but has zero, and I mean ZERO hands. He's not as effective on the draw or the PK as Vermette either.

Thanks Hemmy, I'd be open to Aucoin if the team is out of the hunt then flip him for a pick at the deadline. His salary is comparable to Gerbers so at least we would gain something for a 40pt man.

However I would be open to a Primeau deal if it presented it self over Aucoin. Gives you added depth, flexibility to move Kelly, and cap savings. That being said I don't think its going to happen.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Aside from the obvious couple of players, the only guys I really like out of Calgary are Moss and Boyd. Boyd isn't getting much ice time.

Still, he's one of their top prospects, so I don't see him moving.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I'd be surprised to see Murray acquire salary in return for Gerber. First I don't think he can get a player for Gerber, and second why would he want to? Whatever happens you'd think Murray wants the cap space more than anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum