GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

G Martin Gerber officially put on Waivers

+10
davetherave
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PKC
Acrobat
LeCaptain
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:That's off season though.....maybe he's got the technical thing down, which is helping the others but (obviously) there's a lot more to coaching. Strange....but all our goalies start well, and then go on these awful stretches of terrible performances during the season.

It usually coincides with the team pooing all over the ice.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:Not one of our goalies have improved since starting with sens under Wilson. They all got worse!

I hope they hire me. I have a simple system. Let in a bad goal, I shoot you. With a high powered rifle from the pressbox. Thoughts?

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:Since Elliot looks to be at least the starter for next season, its time to get the best goalie coach we can find for this guy. Eli has been the coach of the biggest failures on our team since 07, and I don't think management can risk screwing up Elliot as well.
Gerber was awful. There's no two ways about it. No goalie coach in the world could have done anything to help that lost cause.
Wilson and Emery were pretty much best friends and that alone Diddle Dung up....
The Price and Thomas examples are far more significant and relevant than those^ two goofballs

I would give Eli his walking papers. He has not produced results in the Ottawa net since he started. Emery was merely capable of preventing the back breaker in our run to the cup, other than that he was average. Every other goalie in our system (besides Elliot) has underachieved. If he ain't making a positive difference in his full time job, let him focus on his part time gig.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
B B B Bird is the Word wrote:Not one of our goalies have improved since starting with sens under Wilson. They all got worse!

I hope they hire me. I have a simple system. Let in a bad goal, I shoot you. With a high powered rifle from the pressbox. Thoughts?

So? That's a "no" then?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Allan Martel who posts regularly on the Globe & Mail hockey forums offers this view of the Gerber waiver situation:

Allan Martel from Canada writes: I reported on this upcoming event almost two weeks ago.

Now let's see whether the other parts of this complex picture now begin to fall into place.

Look for Vermette to be traded along with two other players (one from the Sens and one from Binghamton) over the weekend. Look at Columbus and you might even put this puzzle together yourself.

There is also a deal in the works with Florida but that will be later, so my sources say.

The Kaberle deal is also not dead - Burke apparently keeps upping the ante on all offers as a means of assessing market worth for his tradeable assets.

• Posted 22/01/09 at 9:53 PM EST

Worth keeping an eye on...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice find! What the heck could it possibly be from Columbus? Tyutin?

504Heater wrote:Nice find! What the heck could it possibly be from Columbus? Tyutin?

For Vermette and two players? I'm thinking Russell, or possible Klesla. I remember reading that he is being shopped. It's got to be something else as well. I can't imagine either of these guys going on their own for Vermette and two players.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I know i sounds naive, but I've heard Vermette trade rumours for 3 years now, and I just don't think he's going anywhere...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber has until noon today to clear waivers.

shabbs wrote:Gerber has until noon today to clear waivers.

He has now cleared.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So what's happening to him? Bingo or Europe?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So what's happening to him? Bingo or Europe?

I think his wish is to go to Europe. I'm sure the team will try to accommodate him.

I read (in the Sun, I think) that there may be some minor interest from a European team, and that Murray would bring him back through waivers if another team said they would claim him - there were some quotes from Gerber's agent.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah - if they bring him back up through waivers, it would only cost the team picking him up around $750K. The Sens would be on the hook for the other $750K.

With all the goalie issues these days, there may be a team that would take a chance at that price.

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Gerber is most likely going to Calgary as a back up to kipper from what I hear.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Calgary/2009/01/26/8146961-sun.html

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yeah - if they bring him back up through waivers, it would only cost the team picking him up around $750K. The Sens would be on the hook for the other $750K.

With all the goalie issues these days, there may be a team that would take a chance at that price.

I must - once again - warn the Sens organization against this. The Bingo Sens will die without a starting goalie as witnessed by this weekend's 2 losses and Glass being pulled.

The 750K is better served in Bingo - where the focus should be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum