GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

G Martin Gerber officially put on Waivers

+10
davetherave
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
PKC
Acrobat
LeCaptain
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

sennies1980

Prospect
Prospect

Gerber is most likely going to Calgary as a back up to kipper from what I hear.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Calgary/2009/01/26/8146961-sun.html

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yeah - if they bring him back up through waivers, it would only cost the team picking him up around $750K. The Sens would be on the hook for the other $750K.

With all the goalie issues these days, there may be a team that would take a chance at that price.

I must - once again - warn the Sens organization against this. The Bingo Sens will die without a starting goalie as witnessed by this weekend's 2 losses and Glass being pulled.

The 750K is better served in Bingo - where the focus should be.

Why would the Melnyk want to pay for Gerber to play in Bingo? Its a million dollars off his bottom line if Gerber moves, and its the right thing to do.

Gerber has done exactly what has been asked of him the whole time he was here, and you havnt heard a word out of his mouth. If a team wants him, let them have him. He doesnt owe anyone, anything in Ottawa.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Why would the Melnyk want to pay for Gerber to play in Bingo? Its a million dollars off his bottom line if Gerber moves, and its the right thing to do.

Gerber has done exactly what has been asked of him the whole time he was here, and you havnt heard a word out of his mouth. If a team wants him, let them have him. He doesnt owe anyone, anything in Ottawa.

Then as GM, there's enormous pressure on you to provide a starter for Bingo. Now. Today. For the next game. You're blowing it...again...in Bingo. There comes a point were if you don't cultivate your young players properly, they end up sucking.

There is no pressure to find a goaltender to play in the AHL, i can pretty much garentee that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:There is no pressure to find a goaltender to play in the AHL, i can pretty much garentee that.

What do you mean? You don't think Z.Smith, Regin, Zubov, M.Karlsson, Shannon, Lee, Foligno etc. would all benefit from an extended playoff run?

They would, but the AHL reg season ends after the NHL season, they will have Elliott back for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:They would, but the AHL reg season ends after the NHL season, they will have Elliott back for sure.

Their division and conference are so close that it would most likely be too late.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:They would, but the AHL reg season ends after the NHL season, they will have Elliott back for sure.

Their division and conference are so close that it would most likely be too late.

If they cant win without an NHL goaltender in the nets, which Elliott and Gerber both are, then they shouldnt be there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
If they cant win without an NHL goaltender in the nets, which Elliott and Gerber both are, then they shouldnt be there.

That's a damn shame IMO. Elliot was coming into his own and starting to propel the team and we yank him away mid-season and now we're not going to replace him?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still hold out hope that the Bingo Sens can scrape their way into the playoffs and then Elliott can win them the Cup down there.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here is Ken Warren's article from this afternoon's Citizen.
Gerber remains in limbo

Monday, January 26, 2009

Ottawa Senators goaltender Martin Gerber remains in limbo as general manager Bryan Murray contemplates a trade offer.
"There's one team that has expressed some interest," Murray said Monday as the Senators returned to the ice for the first time since last Wednesday. "I told them that by Tuesday we will either have some arrangement or he will be assigned to Binghamton."

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/ottawa-senators/story.html?id=1219888

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Here is Ken Warren's article from this afternoon's Citizen.
Gerber remains in limbo

Monday, January 26, 2009

Ottawa Senators goaltender Martin Gerber remains in limbo as general manager Bryan Murray contemplates a trade offer.
"There's one team that has expressed some interest," Murray said Monday as the Senators returned to the ice for the first time since last Wednesday. "I told them that by Tuesday we will either have some arrangement or he will be assigned to Binghamton."

I wonder what is being offered that Murray is thinking about.

Phoenix30 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Here is Ken Warren's article from this afternoon's Citizen.
Gerber remains in limbo

Monday, January 26, 2009

I wonder what is being offered that Murray is thinking about.
conditional 7th and a bag of pucks :D

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This may or may not be part of a bigger deal, as apparently Calgary also wants to move some salary by offloading another player...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm tempted to say Adrian Aucoin. Remember, it was Murray himself who said that there would be only a 'handful' of deals made where both teams didn't take on similar salaries.

But then, that would be a major waste of a resource for Calgary.

Interesting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hardy har har. Murray said that it was for another underperforming contract that Gerber would be traded for. Aucoin isn't under-performing, so it's Vandermeer who has 2 years left at 2.4 million or Garbage Primeau, who has another year left at 1.4.

No and...no.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum