GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray Promises to Shake Things Up

+17
pgood
Acrobat
PKC
Riprock
Mojo
asq2
rooneypoo
wprager
LeCaptain
jamvan
Phoenix30
Cronie
shabbs
smash88
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

16Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:46 pm

I priomise to renew my season tickets too....

17Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:48 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

smash88 wrote:Calls out the team, by saying that they don't work... He says it's frustrating for him because he's always had working teams... Hopefully, somehow they wake up...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/17/7781486.html

My bad Smash, I didn't realize you'd already posted it.

I don't see how this helps any, but hopefully they're feeling the pain today after that. We've felt enough pain as it is.

18Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:49 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Murray+promises+shake+listless+Senators/1086860/story.html

Haven't read it yet, was just posted on www.ottawacitizen.com
Vibrating recliners for the entire team! Supplied by, who else, La-Z-Boy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

19Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle this is just the beginning. They think they weren't having fun before...whew...this is the tip of what Hartsburg has planned I'm sure.

20Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Diddle this is just the beginning. They think they weren't having fun before...whew...this is the tip of what Hartsburg has planned I'm sure.

I like the timing. Get this point across now as opposed to a game day where it could hurt the team.

Unfortunately, I think this team is lost and this is just another step in Hartsburg further "losing the room". Whatever the hell that means.

21Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

MurderOnIce wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/17/7781486.html

Sun has a skate, skate and skate some more article...

Murray quoted as saying he would like to shake things up but is having trouble finding a trading partner....

EDIT: That makes me third to post the Sun article...

:D You're funny!! I did the same without checking. Smile

22Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dang!! having trouble finding a trading partner!?!
Geez, that reeks of "Hey you Gm's out there, FIRESALE!! Come on, COME ALL!" LOL

I think a switch of Avatar is in order... not only an homage to the fantastic Cronenberg, but it's quite reminiscent of how I felt and feel about my Sens lately.

23Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:Murray quoted as saying he would like to shake things up but is having trouble finding a trading partner....

This is all over the place. Why would you weaken your bargaining position by "promising a shakeup" yet saying no deals are out there.

Messed up. This tells me nothing will happen.

24Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 pm

504Heater wrote:Diddle this is just the beginning. They think they weren't having fun before...whew...this is the tip of what Hartsburg has planned I'm sure.
teaching them a lesson by making them skate hard is what parent "coaches" do to minor hockey teams. Is this what it's come down to? treating the players like children? no wonder they aren't responding to this Dung.

25Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I like the timing. Get this point across now as opposed to a game day where it could hurt the team.

Unfortunately, I think this team is lost and this is just another step in Hartsburg further "losing the room". Whatever the hell that means.

Diddle the room...

Diddle the players...

Make the Diddle work. If you don't work in the game you will work in practice.... until you get the message or we get rid of you. Three coaches in 2 years means it ain't coaching.. so skate you pork swords....
Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 6

26Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think you're right, and really, there are still lots of games left in the season. Maybe he was taking it too easy on these guys, hoping that things would just fall into place. He now realizes that it's going to take much more than that to wake these guys up.

Hopefully he has a mean plan in his back pocket to shake things up. I'm actually quite curious as to what the lines will be. I'm sure he's going to try something COMPLETELY different than he did in the beginning. We'll see.

He must be Dung himself after seeing Melnyk today...I'm sure of it.

27Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I read somewhere that Drury would waive his NTC to go to a team of his liking. Does anyone know if Drury would waive his NTC to come to Ottawa. If so maybe that gives Murray something to work with if he could move Spezza, and his contract for quality young players and picks.

28Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensGirl11 wrote:

I think you're right, and really, there are still lots of games left in the season. Maybe he was taking it too easy on these guys, hoping that things would just fall into place. He now realizes that it's going to take much more than that to wake these guys up.

Hopefully he has a mean plan in his back pocket to shake things up. I'm actually quite curious as to what the lines will be. I'm sure he's going to try something COMPLETELY different than he did in the beginning. We'll see.

He must be Dung himself after seeing Melnyk today...I'm sure of it.

That should be changed to Dunging. Smile

29Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:06 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Phoenix30 wrote:I read somewhere that Drury would waive his NTC to go to a team of his liking. Does anyone know if Drury would waive his NTC to come to Ottawa. If so maybe that gives Murray something to work with if he could move Spezza, and his contract for quality young players and picks.

Wow, would I ever NOT do that. Spezza for Drury? He's even more inconsistent than Spezz...no thanks.

30Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Diddle the room...

Diddle the players...

Make the Diddle work. If you don't work in the game you will work in practice.... until you get the message or we get rid of you. Three coaches in 2 years means it ain't coaching.. so skate you pork swords....
Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 6

Exactly!! Although I will say Paddock's approach of being a "friend" or buddy to the players cannot, nor did it work. It's like parents that are friends to their kids... WAKE UP!! Parent first, be their friend later!!

Murray seemed to inspire success with this team, and for what it's worth, the team does seem to be buying into Hartsy's Defence-first philosophy, so I don't think he's lost the room, but he does certainly have his work cut out for him in terms of trying to get this spoiled and overpaid wankers off their collective arses and earning their freakin' KEEP!!

31Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

[quote="SensGirl11"]

He must be Dung himself after seeing Melnyk today...I'm sure of it.[/quote]

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment. A pro sports team is about two things: 1) Money and 2)Results.
Right now, both are in question, although some will say the Sens aren't being hit hard in the pocketbooks...yet. However, with little to no results, the former will certainly take a hit and that makes an unhappy owner.

Just knowing Melnyk was flying in would be enough to tell me that enough is enough. Put a plan in place and quick, otherwise, well, more pink slips.

32Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is so lame. Skate them until their feet bleed, then have them practice shooting until their hands bleed. Give me a break.

33Murray Promises to Shake Things Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray Promises to Shake Things Up Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Lets see how well Spezza does without Alfi and Heatley holding the boys hand. Maybe he will actually sit down on the ice in New Jersey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum