GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert in, Bell out

+4
smash88
TheAvatar
Cronie
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Schubert in, Bell out Empty Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:31 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

This just in from the Sun:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/12/7725851.html

Someone keep count of the number of shots Schubert takes tonight that 1) hit bodies or anything other than the net, or 2) miss the net altogether, please?

2Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

what the?!?! Where's the logic there?
Bell has been playing well??

Are they showcasing Schubert? LOL

3Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:37 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Are you kidding me? Bell has been responsible for at least 3 opponent's goals in the last 2 games alone. I think he's being overused and that he's in over his head. A break will help him I think.

4Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:38 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:what the?!?! Where's the logic there?
Bell has been playing well??

Are they showcasing Schubert? LOL

Yeah seems a little odd...

5Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:This just in from the Sun:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/12/7725851.html

Someone keep count of the number of shots Schubert takes tonight that 1) hit bodies or anything other than the net, or 2) miss the net altogether, please?

As it stands Schubert has roughly 3 times as many hits in twice as many games over Bell. Missed shots are roughly the same.

Bell missed 3 shots and registered 14

Schubert missed 8, counted 22

6Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Meh, whatever helps us lose. I've all but folded up the tent lol.

7Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like this is more to motivate Bell...

"We want to get Schubie in. Brendan has been okay for us, but I think he can do more for us. It's maybe a good time for him to watch a game," said head coach Craig Hartsburg.

We'll see...

8Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:33 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I've been unable to stay awake during intermissions. I keep falling asleep after the first period and waking up the next morning. Not that Bell or Schubert had anything to do with this.

Bell has been giving away more goals than he's been generating.

9Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock34 wrote:Meh, whatever helps us lose. I've all but folded up the tent lol.

A "meh" move if ever there was one. When a "wow" move is required, no less. Impeccable timing.

10Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well I certainly haven't folded up the tent, but my optimism has quickly eroded away... LOL

11Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:56 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well I certainly haven't folded up the tent, but my optimism has quickly eroded away... LOL

I don't go to SBP anymore wondering at what time in the third would the sens guarentee me a lunch the next day...

12Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 pm

TheAvatar wrote:Are you kidding me? Bell has been responsible for at least 3 opponent's goals in the last 2 games alone. I think he's being overused and that he's in over his head. A break will help him I think.
Thats exactly right. He hasn't looked good in any zone in the past two games. He hasn't necessarily been bad in them either, but its not like he did anything that would force them to leave him in.

13Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Bell sucked last game and isn't the answer. Why in hell we didn't come back with a PM d from CHicago is beyond me. Their defence flies like the wind. From top to bottom they are strong.

I don't feel good about tonights game either.

14Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 pm

jamvan wrote:Bell sucked last game and isn't the answer. Why in hell we didn't come back with a PM d from CHicago is beyond me. Their defence flies like the wind. From top to bottom they are strong.

I don't feel good about tonights game either.

I was impressed with Florida's too. They've got a nice blend of touch guys and skill guys.

When Bouwmeester leaves, they won't suffer. Ballard will step right in. He's that good.

15Schubert in, Bell out Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Meh, whatever helps us lose. I've all but folded up the tent lol.

A "meh" move if ever there was one. When a "wow" move is required, no less. Impeccable timing.

Well I think it's becoming more obvious that Harsburg has no intention of benching a top 3 guy. Nor will he consider benching Fisher or Vermette. If this is the case, there are no wow moves to make.

I think we ought to strap Spezza to the net ala, Goldberg in the Mighty Ducks. Let him "play" like that against Ovie and the Caps, and let's see how willing he is to bust his Donkey afterwards. Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum