GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert in, Bell out

+4
smash88
TheAvatar
Cronie
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Bell sucked last game and isn't the answer. Why in hell we didn't come back with a PM d from CHicago is beyond me. Their defence flies like the wind. From top to bottom they are strong.

I don't feel good about tonights game either.

17Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 pm

jamvan wrote:Bell sucked last game and isn't the answer. Why in hell we didn't come back with a PM d from CHicago is beyond me. Their defence flies like the wind. From top to bottom they are strong.

I don't feel good about tonights game either.

I was impressed with Florida's too. They've got a nice blend of touch guys and skill guys.

When Bouwmeester leaves, they won't suffer. Ballard will step right in. He's that good.

18Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Meh, whatever helps us lose. I've all but folded up the tent lol.

A "meh" move if ever there was one. When a "wow" move is required, no less. Impeccable timing.

Well I think it's becoming more obvious that Harsburg has no intention of benching a top 3 guy. Nor will he consider benching Fisher or Vermette. If this is the case, there are no wow moves to make.

I think we ought to strap Spezza to the net ala, Goldberg in the Mighty Ducks. Let him "play" like that against Ovie and the Caps, and let's see how willing he is to bust his Donkey afterwards. Suspect

19Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:44 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Meh, whatever helps us lose. I've all but folded up the tent lol.

A "meh" move if ever there was one. When a "wow" move is required, no less. Impeccable timing.

Well I think it's becoming more obvious that Harsburg has no intention of benching a top 3 guy. Nor will he consider benching Fisher or Vermette. If this is the case, there are no wow moves to make.

I think we ought to strap Spezza to the net ala, Goldberg in the Mighty Ducks. Let him "play" like that against Ovie and the Caps, and let's see how willing he is to bust his Donkey afterwards. Suspect
Why in hell would you bench the 3 guys who are scoring? That makes no sense. They aren't eh one's that need a message sent.

The Sens play a perimeter game. That style isn't working. Watch highlights on NHL FLy, almost all goals are scored within the shooting gallery or by driving to the net. Not from shooting from outside.

20Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:42 pm

jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Why in hell would you bench the 3 guys who are scoring? That makes no sense. They aren't eh one's that need a message sent.

The Sens play a perimeter game. That style isn't working. Watch highlights on NHL FLy, almost all goals are scored within the shooting gallery or by driving to the net. Not from shooting from outside.

To send a message to the entire team, plain and simple. Sure you could say the big 3 are producing, and maybe they are for the Sens, but the whole team is producing like Dung, including the big 3. Look at their numbers, they've usually produced at a higher rate. Usually, the 3 of them are in the top 10-15 in scoring. Heatley is the highest of the 3 of them right now at 18th in the league, tied with JP Dumont. No that isn't a typo. You need to go a little ways down the list to find Alfie (he missed a few games). Spezza is 57th in the league in scoring. Look it up if you don't believe me. That is not acceptable for $7 million dollars. Last time I checked, the Sens pay this guy to score, not flash a goofy smile at the cameras. If you don't see that ALL of the big three are underperforming, you just aren't looking. The stats don't lie. These guys are paid to put up points, and because they haven't been doing that at a clip that should be, it adds additional strain on the others. Now, I am not blaming the big 3 for Vermette's stone hands and lack of puck luck, or Fisher's pathetic excuse of a season. They are big boys.

Bottom line, there are only a handful of guys I wouldn't blame this season on. A very harsh message needs to be sent. Call up the Bingo line and sit 3 regulars. Hell, just forfeit a game for all I care at this point. We are about 30 games in. I think we are past the point of them being new and need time. Screw that. This is the team we are going to get for 82 games this year.

The point is, a message needs to be sent. A strong one.

21Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:11 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

To send a message to the entire team, plain and simple. Sure you could say the big 3 are producing, and maybe they are for the Sens, but the whole team is producing like Dung, including the big 3. Look at their numbers, they've usually produced at a higher rate. Usually, the 3 of them are in the top 10-15 in scoring. Heatley is the highest of the 3 of them right now at 18th in the league, tied with JP Dumont. No that isn't a typo. You need to go a little ways down the list to find Alfie (he missed a few games). Spezza is 57th in the league in scoring. Look it up if you don't believe me. That is not acceptable for $7 million dollars. Last time I checked, the Sens pay this guy to score, not flash a goofy smile at the cameras. If you don't see that ALL of the big three are underperforming, you just aren't looking. The stats don't lie. These guys are paid to put up points, and because they haven't been doing that at a clip that should be, it adds additional strain on the others. Now, I am not blaming the big 3 for Vermette's stone hands and lack of puck luck, or Fisher's pathetic excuse of a season. They are big boys.

Bottom line, there are only a handful of guys I wouldn't blame this season on. A very harsh message needs to be sent. Call up the Bingo line and sit 3 regulars. Hell, just forfeit a game for all I care at this point. We are about 30 games in. I think we are past the point of them being new and need time. Screw that. This is the team we are going to get for 82 games this year.

Hello! That's because Hartsburg has a defence first appraoch to the game. The big 3 have been asked to even take on a bigger burden to score than last year.

What the hell is there in Bingo to be called up? Seriously, you need to wake up and realize we are short of talent right now and the only way to build that is through FA and the draft. We have taken 3 steps back unfortunately and that's because the fans called for Murray to clean the room. Did you expect to clear the room and still be as good?

22Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:21 pm

jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hello! That's because Hartsburg has a defence first appraoch to the game. The big 3 have been asked to even take on a bigger burden to score than last year.

What the hell is there in Bingo to be called up? Seriously, you need to wake up and realize we are short of talent right now and the only way to build that is through FA and the draft. We have taken 3 steps back unfortunately and that's because the fans called for Murray to clean the room. Did you expect to clear the room and still be as good?

I'm going to assume you are on the rag or something. I've been posting here and on HB for a long time know and this is the first time I've been accused of not knowing what I'm talking about.

At what point did I say we weren't short of talent, or that we could build some other way than through the draft or free agency? In fact, the post that you quoted (you know, the one you generally RESPOND to) mentions nothing of the sort.
You know it IS possible to play a repsonible defensive game and still be good offensively. At least better than 27th. So please....don't bother with that lame Donkey excuse. For a couple of seasons we were among the highest scoring teams in the league while playing such a system.

Look at Boston's goal differential right now and tell me it's not possible. Yeah, I'm the one who needs to wake up. lol

Respect -1

23Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:54 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I hear you, but the problem facing Hartsburg is that those players know how to manipulate a coach into not being able to sit them. Take Spezza, as he is a prime example: He will go 2-3 games of just awful, pathetic, garbage displays and then he will string together a 4-5 game point streak where he puts up 9-10 points. So, by the time Harts wants to bench him, he's just about ready to start playing again...

And there's absolutely no logic behind benching Fisher or Vermette. They've both been very good defensively and both have been making smart plays with the puck. Likewise, they've been working hard and creating chances, as well being integral members of a very effective PK. The obvious problem being that they can't finish for Dung. Regardless of how ineffective they may be in the points category, they are doing pretty much everything else right. Hartsburg cannot sit them because it would be retarded to do so.

24Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:09 pm

cash wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I hear you, but the problem facing Hartsburg is that those players know how to manipulate a coach into not being able to sit them. Take Spezza, as he is a prime example: He will go 2-3 games of just awful, pathetic, garbage displays and then he will string together a 4-5 game point streak where he puts up 9-10 points. So, by the time Harts wants to bench him, he's just about ready to start playing again...

And there's absolutely no logic behind benching Fisher or Vermette. They've both been very good defensively and both have been making smart plays with the puck. Likewise, they've been working hard and creating chances, as well being integral members of a very effective PK. The obvious problem being that they can't finish for Dung. Regardless of how ineffective they may be in the points category, they are doing pretty much everything else right. Hartsburg cannot sit them because it would be retarded to do so.

I'm certainly not trying to suggest that Fisher and Vermette are playing badly. Other than the finish, they've been playing great. I need more out of $4.2 million guy than Fisher is producing, but I acknowledge he's playing well otherwise. I also realize their importance on the PK.

I just feel it may be time for Hartsberg to try something unconventional. He's tried just about every line combination. What else can the man do. There is too much talent up front to blame the defensive system. As I've said earlier, some teams play a defensive system (Boston comes to mind with their goal differential of +40 already) and don't suffer offensively. Hell the Sens used to be one of those teams.

It's all moot anyway, this talk of benching if Murray does not or will not acquire a D-man to help with the transition game. We've shown flashes of it working, but it's not great most of the time and at times, it is downright awful. That is definitely hampering the forwards, so that's definitely a reason the numbers are down. If Murray doesn't address this need, it really doesn't matter what Hartsberg does.

You're point about Spezza is taken though...it's so maddening to see the franchise player we all thought we'd be getting in 2001 for a few games, then a sad, soft shell of said player for a few.

25Schubert in, Bell out - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in, Bell out Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah I'm not trying to justify their production vs salary - that much is inexcusable - but we agree that sitting them would be pretty random and probably not smart, given their overall performance.

I definitely agree that an unconventional move might be the only solution. After last nights game, I found renewed hope for this team. Some fans must think I'm random as Diddle because they beat the Leafs and I lost all hope; they get blown out by the Caps and I believe again Suspect
Personally, I think, regardless of the scenario (i.e. the team their playing, our teams injury situation, his point production in previous games, etc.) the solution is to bench Spezza. Preferably, do it after a game in which he has an offensive outburst, but was still somehow a (-) or (even) in the +/- category...
Anyways, Zubov got called up (and Lee too confused )
Hartsburg made one good move last night, putting Fisher between Heatley and Alfredsson. Its time for him to make another good move and bench Spezza. Insert Zubov with Foligno and Winchester (Foligno has shown noticeable chemistry with each of them) and then save Ruutu from that 4th line. Keep Donovan with Neil and Bass, and have Ruutu with Kelly and Vermette.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum