GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber and Bell waived

+11
duffyforever
Sp00nz
Acrobat
PTFlea
SensFan71
wprager
Cronie
Riprock
PKC
dennycrane
b33f
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Gerber and Bell waived Empty Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:27 pm

b33f

b33f
Prospect
Prospect

As per SENS Chirp

2Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Again, no big surprise. This is professional courtesy.

3Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Four players waived in 20 minutes.

4Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Nycholat was picked up by the Flames.

5Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No big surprise? Really? I am surprised Bell is being waived. Question is, why?

Is Picard coming in? Did they need to waive him to make room? Cap space? I don't think so.

Gerber's not a surprise, though him being re-called sure was, at least when he went unclaimed. That left me scratching my head.

It's not like the Sens are up to a big move here come tomorrow. And I'd be surprised now to see Chris Neil get dealt for anything after Roberts was waived.

6Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I expect both Gerber and Bell to clear, sadly...

7Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why Bell? And how is that professional courtesy?

8Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

someone is more likely to stab at Bell for defensive depth rather than Gerber.

9Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But if Picard is out indefinitely as reported, then we are down to 5 D, including Kuba, who should not be playing if there is a trade. And Schubert is replacing Donovan, so he'd be, at best, a 7th D. Except we don't have a 6th.

10Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I see -- from IceChips:

Shean Donovan was a healthy scratch at Tuesday's practice but could see
game action tonight against the Flames if Brendan Bell get's claimed
off waivers. If so, Donovan could be playing, with Schubert being moved
to defence.

11Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

McKenzie says that he thinks Buffalo will pick up Gerber (on the Team 1200).

12Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'm so f-ing confused. Why Bell? What's he up to?

To make things worse - doesn't it lower the value of Kuba, since it takes one buyer off the market (the one who picks up Bell)?

On the flip side - does he take Roberts, and drop to the end of the waiver line? Or one of the others who were waived?

13Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:McKenzie says that he thinks Buffalo will pick up Gerber (on the Team 1200).

I hope so. While Gerber was a bust for the Sens, he's a class act.

I'd really like to see him get another crack with another team. Buffalo makes sense with Miller out and Lalime taking a beating.

14Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bell has a 2-way, I don't know the rules specific to his case personally.

The only guy Murray should even think about is Voros as a possible quasi-replacement for Neil IMO.

15Gerber and Bell waived Empty Re: Gerber and Bell waived Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If a player like Bell or Gerber is on waivers, it means the parent club has little interest in the player and they haven't been able to trade them. The waiver wire can allow a player to maybe get picked up by a contender.

Speaking of Gerber, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This would be the worst tandem in the history of the NHL.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/03/new_life_for_gerber_with_maple.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum