GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bass Recalled

+4
PTFlea
PKC
jamvan
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as Zubov gets 15 minutes or more, then I'm fine with the Bass call up DW.

17Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:06 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I really hope you're right on the 'Schubert part of an upcoming deal' part...him and tony V can go suck somewhere else.

With our luck they go and light it up, so let's just hope it's not to someone in the East, or at least not someone likely to meet us int he playoffs anytime soon.

18Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:
jamvan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post this. The news has been out for, what, an hour now? You're slacking, fellas.

As per TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256517&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_nhl

I like it. He's a great energy, bang-and-crash guy. I wonder what this means for Schubert, tho'...
As much as I like Bass, this is not the move we needed. H ebrings little offence to an already offensive riddled team. I would have liked to see Smith get the call.

I really think Schubert may already be part of an upcoming deal.

Really if you're expecting a call up from Bingo to help turn the offensive woes of this team around then your mistaken about what their roll is. Whoever (in this case Bass) gets the call, they are expected to come up and play 3rd or 4th line minutes and not cause goals.

With that said, pick one Zach Smith or Bass and they are really the same player. I think bringing up Bass does two things. Rewards the guy who we all felt should have started here anyway, and 2nd sets the right expectation down in bingo that it's not all offense that will result in someone getting the call
I wasn't saying turn it around and by no means are Smith and Bass the same tye of player.

19Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 pm

[quote="jamvan]I wasn't saying turn it around and by no means are Smith and Bass the same tye of player.[/quote]

While I agree down in Bingo they arn't the same type of player, but up in Ottawa I think they will be asked to play the exact same role. The exception to the rule is if they are asked to play on the top 2 lines, however in either case I think both Smith and Bass will end up on lines 3 or 4 thus making them the same player. Up here at least.

20Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, if Schubert is on the block, his stock just plummeted with this move. He's not good enough to play D or 4th line wing on the last place team in the EAST!! Good luck there.

- Unknown Author

21Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't completely agree with that Clutch. Quite a few GM's covet Schubert because:

1) his salary is a dream considering he's a two-way player
2) as mentioned above, he has the ability to play forward or D and can switch at a moments notice (although we ALL know what he PREFERS to play)
3) booming shot from the point, and hits like he means it.

I'm telling you, while I agree with your point that sitting him and seeing how he couldn't crack ottawa's top 6 in D would look bad for some; in Schubie's case, I don't think it has a disastrous effect on his stock in other teams eyes.

And I have the distinct feeling Vermette and Schubert (and maybe SJ's 1st) are spoken for and the trigger will be pulled shortly (just a hint from a source).

22Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well the fact that he's been benched from playing 4th line winger before and now Bass gets the callup in favour of him playing 4th line wing, to me says a lot.

- Unknown Author

23Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Oooo I think I know who you're talking about Cronie!

24Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oooh, you do do you? Wink

25Bass Recalled - Page 2 Empty Re: Bass Recalled Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:32 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well the fact that he's been benched from playing 4th line winger before and now Bass gets the callup in favour of him playing 4th line wing, to me says a lot.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with your point on a whole... I'm only saying in Schubert's particular case, it hasn't lessened his value to other GM's much at all.

And Matt, someone else already pointed out an interesting point (I think it was Asq2) where with the Sens being legit basement-dwellers right now, the likelihood of Bow signing an extension here (should he arrive Wink ) would be hard to fathom, even if Murray's swoons him with tales of Bow being the Sens savior, etc...

However, stranger things have happened; but my $$ is on Colorado... Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum