GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bass Recalled

+4
PTFlea
PKC
jamvan
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bass Recalled Empty Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post this. The news has been out for, what, an hour now? You're slacking, fellas.

As per TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256517&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_nhl

I like it. He's a great energy, bang-and-crash guy. I wonder what this means for Schubert, tho'...

2Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:41 pm

FINALLY!!

3Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post this. The news has been out for, what, an hour now? You're slacking, fellas.

As per TSN:

I like it. He's a great energy, bang-and-crash guy. I wonder what this means for Schubert, tho'...
As much as I like Bass, this is not the move we needed. H ebrings little offence to an already offensive riddled team. I would have liked to see Smith get the call.

I really think Schubert may already be part of an upcoming deal.

4Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:44 pm

I like Bass, but I would have preferred to see what Zach Smith can do. Bass is great, but Smith is just like Bass with alot more scoring potential.

Despite Bass' success last year, I think Smith is closer to being a Senator full time. Oh well, we can't pull all the offence from Bingo, and Smith will get his shot sooner rather than later.

5Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:45 pm

jamvan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post this. The news has been out for, what, an hour now? You're slacking, fellas.

As per TSN:

As much as I like Bass, this is not the move we needed. H ebrings little offence to an already offensive riddled team. I would have liked to see Smith get the call.

Heh great minds think alike :D

6Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I really hope you're right on the 'Schubert part of an upcoming deal' part...him and tony V can go suck somewhere else.

7Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

As per TSN:

Heh great minds think alike :D
A ha! Kudos and the right call in my opinion.

If Bass can come in and prform well though, it will make Chris Neil even more expendible.

8Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

PKC wrote:I really hope you're right on the 'Schubert part of an upcoming deal' part...him and tony V can go suck somewhere else.

:lol!:

9Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:24 pm

I think letting Smith play lots of mins down in Bingo is still a good thing, and trying to get him to lead that team. I think it was more to boost Bass's confidence at the same time as letting Smith become a leader at a young age.

I think the right move was made here dispite our offensive woes. If we are gonna get out of the scoring funk, we shouldnt be depending on a 20 year old rookie with 25 pro games. There are about 14.5 million reasons why it shouldnt be happening anyways.

10Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As per TSN:

I knew...I just didn't want to believe it. Bass isn't what we need right now.

*sigh*...that's a lot of trouble to go to just to sit Schubert. And I'm sick of speculating when the (a) deal's going down.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bass, just the timing of it...

11Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I think letting Smith play lots of mins down in Bingo is still a good thing, and trying to get him to lead that team. I think it was more to boost Bass's confidence at the same time as letting Smith become a leader at a young age.

I think the right move was made here dispite our offensive woes. If we are gonna get out of the scoring funk, we shouldnt be depending on a 20 year old rookie with 25 pro games. There are about 14.5 million reasons why it shouldnt be happening anyways.

OMG. I agree with you.

12Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 pm

jamvan wrote:

As per TSN:

Really if you're expecting a call up from Bingo to help turn the offensive woes of this team around then your mistaken about what their roll is. Whoever (in this case Bass) gets the call, they are expected to come up and play 3rd or 4th line minutes and not cause goals.

With that said, pick one Zach Smith or Bass and they are really the same player. I think bringing up Bass does two things. Rewards the guy who we all felt should have started here anyway, and 2nd sets the right expectation down in bingo that it's not all offense that will result in someone getting the call

13Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as Zubov gets 15 minutes or more, then I'm fine with the Bass call up DW.

14Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I really hope you're right on the 'Schubert part of an upcoming deal' part...him and tony V can go suck somewhere else.

With our luck they go and light it up, so let's just hope it's not to someone in the East, or at least not someone likely to meet us int he playoffs anytime soon.

15Bass Recalled Empty Re: Bass Recalled Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:
jamvan wrote:

As per TSN:

Really if you're expecting a call up from Bingo to help turn the offensive woes of this team around then your mistaken about what their roll is. Whoever (in this case Bass) gets the call, they are expected to come up and play 3rd or 4th line minutes and not cause goals.

With that said, pick one Zach Smith or Bass and they are really the same player. I think bringing up Bass does two things. Rewards the guy who we all felt should have started here anyway, and 2nd sets the right expectation down in bingo that it's not all offense that will result in someone getting the call
I wasn't saying turn it around and by no means are Smith and Bass the same tye of player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum