GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray not pleased... sends message to team

+11
beedub
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
pgood
rooneypoo
Cronie
SensGirl11
mattshock
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, Murray has waded in to this lackluster performance by the Senators...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/14/7413876.html

Before they stepped on the ice this morning, Murray met with the
players in the wake of a 3-1 loss to the New York Islanders Thursday
night. He let them know he needs everybody to step up if this club is
going to end its three-game losing streak.

Let's hope they were listening...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Absolutely.

Things will get interesting if they don't win (and win decisively) against the lowly Isles.

Is it just me, or have the Sens in the past brought their A-game against tough opponents (Buffalo in '06 early season), and then slumped against lowly ones (Washington/Boston early last year)?

Time to stop letting the opponent dictate the effort going into the game, and blow Joey MacDonald back to the minors!!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm personally sick of hearing everyone talk out of their asses. We've been through this time and time again since last season...hasn't changed a damn thing. I won't believe a word that any of these players have to say, enough talk, go F'ing play the game and WIN IT FOR ONCE!!! Stop talking and do it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattshock wrote:Absolutely.

Things will get interesting if they don't win (and win decisively) against the lowly Isles.
Is it just me, or have the Sens in the past brought their A-game against tough opponents (Buffalo in '06 early season), and then slumped against lowly ones (Washington/Boston early last year)?

Time to stop letting the opponent dictate the effort going into the game, and blow Joey MacDonald back to the minors!!

That's what we were all saying yesterday, and look where we are today...does that tell you anything about this team?

Murray talking trades is not a good thing for about 75% of that team. The only guys that are safe are Alfi, Heatley, Fisher, Phillips, Auld, and Gerber.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Murray has admitted trade talks with other GMs.

That's fairly serious.

That said, I read a little bit of a vote of confidence in that he thinks we can win with the group we have, but that his patience won't last forever.

This is a result of the game last night.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Murray talking trades is not a good thing for about 75% of that team. The only guys that are safe are Alfi, Heatley, Fisher, Phillips, Auld, and Gerber.

I'm noticing a name you've deliberately left off that list Wink

mattshock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Murray talking trades is not a good thing for about 75% of that team. The only guys that are safe are Alfi, Heatley, Fisher, Phillips, Auld, and Gerber.

I'm noticing a name you've deliberately left off that list Wink

Concinve me he wont be moved no matter the circumstance haha.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Check out my comments here:
http://www.gmhockey.com/random-thoughts-f5/spezza-trade-t897.htm#17530

If that doesn't work, I guess nothing will. Agree to disagree.

In short, the only way I see him being dealt advantageous for the club is if it IMPROVES our depth at center. Of course, that deal might come around, at which point I say take it. Then again, it probably won't, and I say don't trade Spezza.

You arnt going to be able to upgrade at center if Spezza is dealt. It is not POSSIBLE in the short term.

If I knew right now that dealing Spezza today would make the team better in 2 years, even if it ment bombing this season and next, I would.

I dont know what you are trying to convince me of. Whether or not I saw Spezza quit out there last night and act like a baby, or whether or not he produces without Alfi... He is not irreplacable, we can sign a center next year, just like Boston did when the signed Savard. Even the year after

Short term this team may suffer if Spezza gets dealt. Im not even saying to deal the guy, Im saying its not the end of the world, or even close to it if he is.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Concinve me he wont be moved no matter the circumstance haha.
It's impossible to convince you. Your mind is set. The only thing that would convince you is if he's still with the Sens next season.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How is he safe might I ask?? Because he makes too much money and sucks?

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Concinve me he wont be moved no matter the circumstance haha.
It's impossible to convince you. Your mind is set. The only thing that would convince you is if he's still with the Sens next season.

Thats exactly what would convince me. Or if he showed any ability at all to play with only 1 all star on his wing. Even better, if he could get something done by himself, not sulk on the ice, and actually put an effort in when things arnt going his way.

SensGirl11 wrote:

How is he safe might I ask?? Because he makes too much money and sucks?

Thats exactly it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum