GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza trade

+9
jamvan
PTFlea
Riprock
Sens4thecup
Aetherial
Cronie
Laker
beerandsens
mattshock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Just some more information, from the guys that bring you the OHL... Spezza is a fantastic player, no question, but one of few superstar players on the team that they can trade. Vermette isn't a superstar and the other guys have NTC's. They likely see a team with cap space taking him (LA) or the deal will be a salary swap.

They also think that there are two dominoes to fall first: Sundin then Gaborik.

62Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Do you guys think we'd be able to get Patrick O'Sullivan out of LA for Vermette and a 1st?

63Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I think it will be Vermette, Schubert and a 1st rounder

for Bouwmeester and Weiss

THis is just something I heard in discussion late last night. Although, Martin is still talking to JayBo to sign with them long term

Really? That would be the steal of the century for us. I can see that package getting Bow, but that much?

64Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

THis is just something I heard in discussion late last night. Although, Martin is still talking to JayBo to sign with them long term

Really? That would be the steal of the century for us. I can see that package getting Bow, but that much?

I don't think we have the cap for that trade though.

65Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 pm

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I don't think we have the cap for that trade though.

I believe we have $4 million and change with Lee's demotion. We'd need around $4.5 to do this deal. Waive someone....for these two guys and only giving up Vermette and Schubert, I'd have no problem waiving a player or doing a salary dump.

66Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
I believe we have $4 million and change with Lee's demotion. We'd need around $4.5 to do this deal. Waive someone....for these two guys and only giving up Vermette and Schubert, I'd have no problem waiving a player or doing a salary dump.

I guarantee we'd never get those two guys for just that package. But...how does this affect that cap?

To Ottawa
Bow (4.9 - rounding up)
Weiss (3.1)

So we take on 8 million.

To Florida:
Vermette (2.8
Schubert (0.9)

3.7 going out. 4.3 million differential, we have 4.4 million in available $$. So yeah, we'd have to clear a million out. We could waive Richardson, but I doubt that's the 'correct' thing to do. We could probably send Foligno down, but he needs time up here.

Either way, if this deal was presented to me, I'd make sure I did it and then I really would demote someone (basically whatver if took).

67Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

I guarantee we'd never get those two guys for just that package. But...how does this affect that cap?

To Ottawa
Bow (4.9 - rounding up)
Weiss (3.1)

So we take on 8 million.

To Florida:
Vermette (2.8
Schubert (0.9)

3.7 going out. 4.3 million differential, we have 4.4 million in available $$. So yeah, we'd have to clear a million out. We could waive Richardson, but I doubt that's the 'correct' thing to do. We could probably send Foligno down, but he needs time up here.

Either way, if this deal was presented to me, I'd make sure I did it and then I really would demote someone (basically whatver if took).

Yep. But the reality is that this deal would never ever get done as it is. Unless Martin has a stroke.

68Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
Yep. But the reality is that this deal would never ever get done as it is. Unless Martin has a stroke.

:D Totally agree. We'd have to take Weiss out to make this deal work. Unless...that's the 3 million that ownership told Martin to shed. Mind you, they also told him to re-sign Bow, so...yeah...

69Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

This page has become unreadable.

Is anyone else seeing it?

70Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

:D Totally agree. We'd have to take Weiss out to make this deal work. Unless...that's the 3 million that ownership told Martin to shed. Mind you, they also told him to re-sign Bow, so...yeah...

That deal never happens. If that deal happened, I'd laugh hysterically for about two and a half hours, drink a beer, and have a nap. Then when I wake up, I'd double check the trade to make sure it actually happened, and then wait any second for a firing in Florida to happen.

71Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 am

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

That deal never happens. If that deal happened, I'd laugh hysterically for about two and a half hours, drink a beer, and have a nap. Then when I wake up, I'd double check the trade to make sure it actually happened, and then wait any second for a firing in Florida to happen.

:lol!:

Or a fan revolt.

72Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Would anyone do Vermette for Barker right now?
And maybe trade Neil to the Rangers for Prucha?

73Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:Would anyone do Vermette for Barker right now?

Yes to Verm...I love Barker...and look at the #s he's put up so far...

anyway we could get Havlat back...I'd love that...I still miss that Diddle...

no to Neil...I like Prucha...but Neil is one of the few who brings energy to this team...

74Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Hmmmmm. I'd think long and hard on it. Neil for Prucha, I say pass.

75Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Really? Prucha is in phenomenal shape and could be a top 6 for Ottawa. I don't think he ever got that chance in NY. Vermette for Barker easily helps us on D, and bring Prucha replaces Vermette, then Bass replaces Neil. But with Neil injured, makes it hard to trade him.

76Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:

Hmmmmm. I'd think long and hard on it. Neil for Prucha, I say pass.

Neil's energy could easily be replaced by Bass, Ruutu, Fisher, Alfie, Schubert, McAmmond, Donovan and Volchenkov.

77Spezza trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Spezza trade Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:05 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

What Neil brings is very different from what any of those guys (Ruutu and Bass could be the exceptions) bring.

The agitator role is important. Look at Neil in the '06/07 Penguins series. He drove them NUTS and was huge for us. Add in that he's a heavy hitter at a low cap hit and there's a reason he's with the team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum