GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza trade

+9
jamvan
PTFlea
Riprock
Sens4thecup
Aetherial
Cronie
Laker
beerandsens
mattshock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Getzlaf I'd do pretty quickly. Thornton or Luongo, I'd be a little hesitant, mainly for the same points you mentioned Matt.

I think if anyone is going to be moved, it will be either Kelly, Vermette, A-train and/or Phillips.

17Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:49 pm

You'd hesitate to do Luongo for Spezza? I'd do that faster than Garrioch could inhale a cheese pizza.

18Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:Getzlaf I'd do pretty quickly. Thornton or Luongo, I'd be a little hesitant, mainly for the same points you mentioned Matt.

I think if anyone is going to be moved, it will be either Kelly, Vermette, A-train and/or Phillips.

Getzlaf might be the best center in the game now.

19Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

hemlock34 wrote:You'd hesitate to do Luongo for Spezza? I'd do that faster than Garrioch could inhale a cheese pizza.

That's a terrible vision 🇳🇴

20Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:You'd hesitate to do Luongo for Spezza? I'd do that faster than Garrioch could inhale a cheese pizza.

I say that only because the hole left at Center would be slightly worrisome.
However, Zach Smith seems to be a monster in the making and he could, presumably, step right in...

21Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Getzlaf I'd do pretty quickly. Thornton or Luongo, I'd be a little hesitant, mainly for the same points you mentioned Matt.

Probably true,

I just don't see those players as being the problem. Also the return for Phillips may be disappointing right about now.

What is the problem, I dunno, but it cuts deep into that team that's for sure. This is a year now of mostly crappy hockey.

22Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

A train being traded? why?

23Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:

I say that only because the hole left at Center would be slightly worrisome.
However, Zach Smith seems to be a monster in the making and he could, presumably, step right in...

That's a HUGE presumption... I'd say the guy would be a LOT more comfortable in the second line role, if that at first.

24Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Laker wrote:

That's a terrible vision 🇳🇴

:lol!:

25Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Aetherial wrote:
Probably true,

I just don't see those players as being the problem. Also the return for Phillips may be disappointing right about now.

What is the problem, I dunno, but it cuts deep into that team that's for sure. This is a year now of mostly crappy hockey.

Philips isn't going anywhere....he's got a no trade clause and his family is from Ottawa and they do not want to move...that's why he took less to stay here.

If I'm Vermette I call my real estate agent and have them start to put the house up. If he makes it to Christmas it's only because it's a gift from Brian.

26Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd say you're bang on Dawg's Wife.

27Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Spezza for Brendan Morrow?(sp) (Dallas)

28Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:58 pm

I posted this on another site, and if I can say so myself: Its a prett solid trade.

To FLA
Spezza, Picard, SJ 1st
To OTT
Bouw, Horton, FLA 1st

Obviously this is assuming J.Martin has had a change of heart as far as Spezza is concerned...

29Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm

cash wrote:I posted this on another site, and if I can say so myself: Its a prett solid trade.

To FLA
Spezza, Picard, SJ 1st
To OTT
Bouw, Horton, FLA 1st

Obviously this is assuming J.Martin has had a change of heart as far as Spezza is concerned...

That trade will never happen

30Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 pm

cash wrote:I posted this on another site, and if I can say so myself: Its a prett solid trade.

To FLA
Spezza, Picard, SJ 1st
To OTT
Bouw, Horton, FLA 1st

I'd say that trade is tilted in Ottawa's favour. I don't see how this gets done even if Martin did have a change of heart. Bouwmeester and Horton are both great young players, and while so is Spezza, he still may have something to prove. Picard as well. Then flipping first, we could be talking about jumping up half a round. I don't see how Florida does this.

31Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:18 pm

It would be pretty friggin sweet though :afro:

32Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Here are some proposals from TSN columnist Scott Cullen:

To OTT: (from CHI)
Khabibulin
Wisniewski
Troy Brouwer/Dave Bolland

to OTT: (from CLB)
Pascal Leclaire
Filatov/Voracek
Modin

to OTT: (from LAK)
O'Sullivan
Preissing
prospect

to OTT: (from EDM)
Horcoff
Gilbert
Roloson

to OTT: (from ATL)
Lehtonen
Schneider
+

to OTT: (from FLA)
Bouwmeester
Frolik
Weiss

for
Spezza
Vermette

33Spezza trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No for everything with the exception of maybe the Edmonton proposal - but it does us no good if a bonafide stud puck mover isn't involved.

Scott Cullen is funny, which of these would you suggest helps the Sens?

If you said none, you're correct.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum